Code of Conduct

Default SotD Friday, 6 January 2012

Good morning,
    I'm again in Habanita Extrait sprayed. This is one SERIOUS AND BUTCH LEATHER (sprayed). Holy smoke! And it lasts and lasts...
    I've been a bad boy and located that stunning 1849 re-edition bottle with 100 ml of the extrait at a sales price (don't get confused, it is extrait and not EdP!)

I had wanted to buy this more than a year ago and now it was high time I did...
    Best to all for a lovely day!

EDIT: Happiest birthday, dear Jon! I hope you are having a very special day. What does MAN wear on HIS day?
    Sorry for expressing myself poorly, G.! This is what the bottle looks like... Molinard launched a re-edition 1849 (foundation of Molinard) series of their classics some years ago. All were EdPs, but Habanita was an extrait. A year ago Molinard confirmed to me that the jus in the bottle was the same than in the 1/2 oz. bottle of extrait that I had gotten from Molinard before. These re-edition bottles are disappearing. You will have to sample the extrait. You will like it, I am almost certain.
    Last edited by Larimar; 6th January 2012 at 08:22 AM.

Default Re: SotD Friday, 6 January 2012

^ What a score, Larimar! I hope you'll share some pictures of it in due course...

Fumerie Turque for me today.

Best wishes to everyone.

Edit: Happy Birthday Jon!!! Many, many happy returns. Hope you have a fantastic day

L.: Sorry - my mistake. Not enough caffeine...
    Last edited by gandhajala; 6th January 2012 at 09:10 AM.

Hello all. Les Nereides Imperial Opoponax.
    DONNA

...Good morning!.....Happy Birthday, JON RODGERS!.
    . vintage U III

Happy Birthday Wishes to dear JON

ISPAHAN by Yves Rocher for the synch.today
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I Love Love

Idole de Lubin, edp, from a sample.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Larimar, since you've put down the Caron torch today and worn somthing else I have picked up Caron Torch by wearing(trying) Poivre extrait today!

Happy birthday Jon! I think today deserves a few glasses of your best saved ales .

for swap/sale:

Hi all. For synch Friday (Arabian Nights) I'm going with SL Ambre Sultan.

Happy Birthday Jon! Will raise a glass of red and toast to your health and happiness a bit later (11am is too early even for me!). Hope you have a lovely day.

Best wishes all.

Good Morning Everyone, my SOTD is:

Czech & Speake Cuba

Happy Birthday Jon!!!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Jon!

SOTD is L'Heure Bleue, so beautiful, dreamy and tranquil.

Wish you all a very good Friday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good morning, fragrant ladies and gentlemen!
    Remnants of No.5 parfum here.

I will go sniffin' around today, so going fragrance-less would be the best option for me.

Jon, with affection and fondness, please let me express my gratitude of your presence among us: you are here when somebody reaches a milestone, you are first to jump in with the words of encouragement, you are sincere and a nature lover. You wear what you want and manage to smell fantastic every single day. How many times have you read one of us say: "Let me sit near JR"? I wish you a very happy new year of your life and many fragrant discoveries.

Very Merry Christmas Eve to our Greek participants.

Re-did that grapefruit marmelade with SureGel brand of pectin, it still has not set. Perhaps, 30R is right with less is more when it comes to citrus preserving, or I might be too stingy with my sugar, I do not know. It tastes great though, for what it's worth.

Van Cleef for the Arabian nights today -- boozey fruit, languid vanilla, precious woods.

Nice day to verklempt cello, too.
    Last edited by Twolf; 6th January 2012 at 06:31 PM.

Hello everyone,

Supposed to be in Greece today so am wearing Mystra by Aesop today.

Happy Birthday Jon Rodgers (xhronia polla)

hope all are well

sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Jon, with affection and fondness, please let me express my gratitude of your presence among us: you are here when somebody reaches a milestone, you are first to jump in with the words of encouragement, you are sincere and a nature lover. You wear what you want and manage to smell fantastic every singe day. How many times have you read one of us say: "Let me sit near JR"? I wish you a very happy new year of your life and many fragrant discoveries.

Very Merry Christmas Eve to our Greek participants.

Re-did that grapefruit marmelade with SureGel brand of pectin, it still has not set. Perhaps, 30R is right with less is more when it comes to citrus preserving, or I might be too stingy with my sugar, I do not know. It tastes great though, for what it's worth.

Van Cleef for the Arabian nights today -- boozey fruit, languid vanilla, precious woods.

Nice day to verklempt cello, too.
    Thank you so very very much! That is very kind of you

warmest regards

sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme. Happy Birthday Jon!

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Happy Birthday, Jon! I hope you have a wonderful day!

SotD is By Kilian Rose Oud, with notes of rose, saffron, cardamom,
    oud and patchouli, from their Arabian Nights Collection.

Basenotes Plus

Happiest Birthday wishes to our own, JON RODGERS!!

TGIF!

Amouage Lyric Woman, from a sample.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I'm in Gucci EDP today.

Eastern theme today so Bois D'Encens Armani Prive. Like being in an Eastern Orthodox church. Perfect for celebrating Christmas of that church. Deliciously gorgeously mysterious!
    Happy Birthday to Jon a day you share with my darling Mr Ali

Larimar! Congrats. Enjoy it in good health, and tell us more!

Jon, our own Yorkshireman. Yes, he is! A well deserved happy birthday. I am sure that you will enjoy a drop or two tonight. Many happy returns.

SOTD Traversee du Bosphore

A hugh Happy Birthday to our beloved Jon! Enjoy your special day, and a toast for many more to be enjoyed!

In synch with SL Chergui. Some days I like it, others I don't care for it as much. We shall hope this is a good day

Mrs. E, I missed you last evening, but I saw your news and about jumped through the screen to give you a big hug (as I believe Mrs T is referring to) You are going to have a GREAT time. I'll be watching for you on the screen, as you will be the one with everyone around you leaning in for a good sniff

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday, 6 January 2012

Happy Birthday JON RODGERS

I am wearing ( from samples )

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

vintage Acteur

Hello everyone!

I'm in sync this morning with Méharées by L'Erbolario.

Happy Birthday JON - Twolf is absolutely right, and far more eloquent than I, so I'll just have to go with "what she said!" Cheers!

d4N13L - I adore that Moschino I Love Love campaign, and bought a small bottle of it based solely on that! It's very similar to Light Blue, don't you think? I like the Moschino better, though.

Kiliwia - you smell utterly gorgeous in one of my favorite roses ...ever, I think!

Thanks 30Roses, shades, Wolfie and cello for your good wishes regarding my upcoming Australian journey! I'm a little obsessed now and am having a hard time concentrating, even thinking, really, about anything else! ((cello)) - okay, but we tend to hang out near the outer courts for the first week, so you won't be catching me on the JumboTron, lol! But I'll wave at any camera that points my way!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 6th January 2012 at 01:26 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Happy Birthday Jon!

Wearing Lolita Lempicka for the first time in a couple of years...it's just as beautiful as I remembered.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Good Morning. In Sync today with Creed Ambre Cannelle

Happy Friday all! SOtD is Bond No 9 Nuits de Noho. Yummy, yummy....

Good morning everyone and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON .....oh and congrats to Evangeline I would be very excited too! today I'm in synch with Chergui. Hope you all have a great day.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Wearing Mon Jasmin Noir today, I was in that mood, love the sambac jasmine in it and it matches my outfit well.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Jon, with affection and fondness, please let me express my gratitude of your presence among us: you are here when somebody reaches a milestone, you are first to jump in with the words of encouragement, you are sincere and a nature lover.
    You're a tough literary act to follow, Twolf. You speak for all of us.

Jon

Sorry, J. I couldn't wait.

Today's sync is Travel Theme Arabian Nights, and I'm pushing myself into wearing Serge Lutens Arabie. It's not that hard to wear attractiveness-wise. It's beautiful. But it's outside my well-worn rut where I live most of the time.

Whether it's a rut or a punky funk, I hope to get out of it today with some self-prescribed shock therapy. I highly recommend self-shock therapy. It involves partaking in an excess of something out of the ordinary. For me, I'm going to pump some weights until my muscles tremble, go outside until I shiver, and then take a hot shower. Will let you know if it works.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Roja Dove Unspoken Parfum tonight... now, I understand what Roja Dove meant by saying that 'some Tabac Blond' was lurking in this comp. It is clear to me today... think Tabac Blond minus the waxy leather, but the warm tobacco note of Tabac Blond in the foreground. Can't wait for the magnificient labdanum drydown of the Unspoken Parfum to arrive...

Happy Birthday Jon!!!

Many blessings to you on your special day!

I'm in sync today in Attar, but I don't know whose it is. It is from a decant from our NOLA sample raid that Mike Perez gave me. Is it Montale? I'm not sure, but it's lovely.

Jon, happy birthday.
    In synch with TABU.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Happy Birthday, Jon!

Evangeline, great news! When are you going?

I've been visiting the family in NC and have not been near a computer in a week, so I need to catch up. Missed y'all. Today I'm wearing Chamade, which isn't exactly Arabian nights, but then I did apply before checking in with BN.

A belated Happy New Year to all.

Basenotes Plus

It has been a wonderful day today and reading this thread has been the icing on the cake. I am so appreciative to be among such a special group of people.

SotD (opened today !) is Maison Dorin Un Air d'Amour pour Monsieur.

Notes include - Lavender, Nutmeg, Incense, Orris, Cedar, Sandalwood, White Musk, Tonka Bean, Vanilla.

See y'all later - a bottle of merlot awaits

SOTE

Happy Birthday Jon!!

In synch with by Kilian Incense Oud
    Evenstar

Good Evening,

Sticking with Oncle Serge tonight: Encens et Lavande.

Enjoy that Merlot, Jon!
    Best to all.

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Jon Rodgers,
    Happy Birthday to you!

I can do this better:

Happy Birthday Jon!

''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Blog Entries

For the Synchronized Arabian nights Friday, I'll be in Amouage Ubar.

Ubar Notes; Bergamot, lemon, lily of the valley, damascene rose, jasmine, civet, vanilla
    Last edited by kumquat; 6th January 2012 at 05:48 PM.

Hasu no Hana - Grossmith.

Im addicted to this.

Continue having a lovely birthday Jon!

for swap/sale:

Happy, happy birthday, Jon! Many good wishes to you for another year!

Belated congrats to the Twolves on their anniversary, something to be proud of indeed!

And Evangeline- I'm sharing in the joy of your news! Australia, oh my goodness! Be safe and have lots of fun!

In sync in Shalimar EDP today.
    The nose wants what it wants!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON!!!
    Green Irish Tweed
    Gary

Basenotes Institution

L'Heure Bleue (vintage EdP) by Guerlain

This afternoon:

Secret Melange (vintage juice) by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

It's all about the spice today.

Happy Birthday Jon!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Happy Birthday, Jon!

Sotd: Sensuous - E.L.

Basenotes Plus

So much good news on the thread this week!! I surely need it after a wild and weird first work week of the year.

Happy anniversary Twolf

Happy trails to Oz Evangeline

Happy Birthday, Most wonderful Sir JON of the shire

Have we met Sea Roses? My memory fails me- WELCOME!

Daniel- for a different perspective, that ad is creepifying....the headwrap is really cool, tho.

Larimar- I can only imagine how strong that H extrait is. Sounds divine......

Sotd for Arabian Nights Sync- Vallee des Rois by Mira Takla (even though it's Egypt)
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    So much good news on the thread this week!! I surely need it after a wild and weird first work week of the year.

Happy anniversary Twolf

Happy trails to Oz Evangeline

Happy Birthday, Most wonderful Sir JON of the shire

Have we met Sea Roses? My memory fails me- WELCOME!

Daniel- for a different perspective, that ad is creepifying....the headwrap is really cool, tho.

Larimar- I can only imagine how strong that H extrait is. Sounds divine......

Sotd for Arabian Nights Sync- Vallee des Rois by Mira Takla (even though it's Egypt)
    Thank you so much *knit at nite*......fairly new here.....can't believe I haven't found this site before.....it's just wonderful!

regards

sea roses

Blog Entries

I managed to start the Oriental Sniff-n-Speak and sync at the same time -- love it when it happens! -- with Amouage Epic Woman. More of my impressions are posted at both S&S and sync threads.

Happy Birthday, Dear Jon! It's been a great pleasure to read your posts. I love the way you always put in pictures, share music and your concert programs and dinner drinks! Enjoy your day and your Merlot. I will toast for you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Love this ad, oh my goodness! Now I know what I want to sync with for the ad I love, too bad I don't know the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by OVincze View Post
    Wearing Mon Jasmin Noir today, I was in that mood, love the sambac jasmine in it and it matches my outfit well.
    I'll have to smell this one next time I'm in the store.

Hey again, everyone!

I'm still in sync, but now I'm scent-twins with Kiliwia ....if she's still in By Kilian's Rose Oud, that is. ♥

Warum - the scent isn't nearly as special (or as unforgettable) as the ad. For the most-part, if you know D&G Light Blue, you know I Love Love ...it's pretty nice, just nothing remarkable or original.

And again, thanks to ineespenes, carolina girl, PerfumedLady and knit for the good wishes and nice comments regarding my upcoming trip. Y'all are so good at making everyone feel super-special!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hi all! Happy Birthday, Jon! Your birthday SotD looks and sounds very special. I'd love to hear more about it some day!

My SotD: Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114, from a sample. I'm actually here and in synch for once in my life!

Notes: Thyme, nutmeg, rose, geranium, patchouli, sandalwood, cedar, vetiver, amber, vanilla, tonka bean, benzoin, musk

Comments: Ambre Precieux, Ambra del Nepal, and Blue Amber are quaking in their boots, as they have a new competitor. Yikes!!!

Image: Amber Glow, by Ambarish Singh Roy

Yes happy birthday to Jon Rodgers, I hope it was fantastic!

And Happy Christmas to Greek and Greek/Eastern Orthodox Christians.

Today was a Mure Et Musc day. Can't believe I like this so much in the winter, bought it for summer.

Today I got great pleasure from my Hermes Bel Ami.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing L'Air du Desert Marocain today. Maybe a little too much for work, but I only spritzed one short spray to my chest, under my shirt. Still received a compliment from a co-worker ... It turned out to be along day, 14 hours at work. Can still smell my little spritz of LdDM ... this stuff works overtime too!

Happy birthday, Jon!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I thought I had posted but I must have forgotten to click the "post quick reply" button. Losing my marbles, must be.

A very Happy Birthday to Jon-- even though by now it is tomorrow in the UK! I hope you had a wonderful day with loved ones.

Today I'm wearing a decant of Montale Highness Rose which I received from a generous BNer. This is very like AG Rose Absolue but a bit more sedate-- it smells just like our very fragrant rugosa, "Roseraie de L'Hay": it has a a bit of spicy carnation undertone.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 7th January 2012 at 02:23 AM.

Serge Lutens Tubéreuse Criminelle
    Straight to Heaven By Kilian