Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Reflection FAKE?

Hello all, new here and I need advice. I purchased a 1.7 oz bottle of RM from Perfume Raffy and upon opening the bottle I found the cap to be worn/weathered and looks of patina or dried hairspray and the cap is loose and I can see the outline of glue from the center logo. Very ugly to say the least. After a spritz it smells like the samples I have except it's a tad off. How can I verify it's real? They state that they do no offer refunds after package was opened.
    Last edited by BALLJACK; 6th January 2012 at 10:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Amouage Reflection FAKE?

Contact Raffy. It can't hurt. Tell him what you found. I'm sure he'd want to know about it. I've never had a problem ordering from this site.

Raffy don't do fakes but if you're genuinely unhappy with it send them an email.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, they are a well known shop and got a reputation to protect. They wont sell fakes. Just them a message and make them aware of the situation

Fake or not, I would be unhappy with an ugly bottle I spent big bucks for. Ask for an exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiyi4real View Post
    I agree, they are a well known shop and got a reputation to protect. They wont sell fakes. Just them a message and make them aware of the situation
    Absolutely.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    Fake or not, I would be unhappy with an ugly bottle I spent big bucks for. Ask for an exchange.
    agree ...

I had a similar issue with my cap from Parfums Raffy, although I got a 100ml bottle. The rest of the bottle was fine though, just a bit of tarnish/patina on the cap. Actually, the cap had another issue wrong with it too and at least this second problem was definitely NOT Parfums Raffy's fault - the spacing of the word Reflection was wrong. There was a large, too large!, gap between a couple of the letters in the word "Reflection" and it looked ridiculous. I contacted Amouage and sent them pictures of the cap and they ended up sending me out a new one free of charge and included a bunch of samples to boot!

I think the Reflection stock that Raffy got had something wrong with the production of the caps/bottles. I've ordered other Amouage from Raffy and had no issues, so I don't think it's Raffy's storage that is the issue (although I suppose it could be.) Still, the spacing issue on my cap was obviously Amouage's, or their supplier/bottler's mistake. If Raffy won't take care of it, take pictures and write a nice and informative email directly to Amouage and it should hopefully be remedied.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more