Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Jubilation 25

What are your thoughts on this?

I'm a guy, and I bought this off a board member thinking it was for men, but apparently that is the XXV. I decided to live with my mistake and keep it. I intend to give it to my GF for a birthday gift, but I'm afraid it's too "old" of a fragrance for her.

She's 20 and a big fan of Bond No 9's Brooklyn and Washington Square... so I guess she has a nose for more hip/youthful fragrances. I'm sure she would appreciate the Jubilation, but whether or not she'd actually wear it is another thing altogether.

Any younger ladies (or older even) have experience with this fragrance and are able to pull it off?

Default Re: Amouage Jubilation 25

I haven't tried the EDP, only the shower gel and body cream and I've been told how good I smelled. I find it complex, with a classical vibe and a nod to Mitsouko, but I wouldn't call it "old"
    Last edited by GelbeDomino; 8th January 2012 at 01:23 AM.

I wouldn't call it old per se (whatever that means anyway!) it's sophisticated in the classic french style of perfumery with a distinct evolution from top, middle to base and a long-lasting drydown. There are nods to vintage Diorella, Femme, and Mitsouko with this one.

I can see what you mean about this fragrance being more sophisticated and being more at home on an older woman. Really it all depends on what your girlfriend likes. I adore Jub 25, but I am 40 years old. That doesn't mean she won't like it and wear it. ( I also like "young" "hip" fragrances if they are well done. So I say let her try it. If she likes it, it's hers. If not, you can always try to sell it to someone else. Or find someone who will wear and it and enjoy it. It shouldn't be hard. Jub 25 is glorious!

Just give it to her.

For what it's worth..I'm 30 and I just got myself a bottle...maybe my favorite Amouage! It's certainly not the "youngest" scent,but ...omgggg...so sexy!! If she has more than one perfume and she can just put this one in rotation (have to say it's not necessarily an everyday kind of scent),it will be fine!

I am wearing this from a sample and the impression I get is Mitsouko sipping a hot rum drink...it's beautiful, and yes, very sexy.

I must add this quote from Now Smell This, which captures it nicely: "Surprisingly, given the list of notes, Jubilation 25 smells to me like a carnal, sheer rose-fruit chypre with a dusting of cumin and a twist of lemon. It is a woman’s smell, not a girl’s, and a confident, sensual woman’s smell, at that."
    Last edited by rtamara41; 9th January 2012 at 02:38 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I bought Jubilation 25 when I was 28 and I love it. It has the kind of classic structure that can be intimidating, but the peach note is really modern and vibrant and, I think, stops it from being too intimidating. I'd give it to her - even if she doesn't appreciate it now, she might well love it in a few years time.

I REALLY like this fragrance but the price tag is a HUGE turn off.

Two Questions :

1. Anything similar or knock off oils of this available ?

2. For those that own it how long would the 100ml bottle last you if you were a 6 sprays a day user ( 3 x 3 ) ?

I'd like to justify purchasing this but it would have to last me at least 4 months of 6 sprays a day. I think I'd be cutting it very close.

I don't want to love this one but I can't help myself. It is a really nice fragrance..unique rich and elegant. This could be a winner for me.

The only other perfume that I have encountered that is like Jubilation 25 is Acqua di Parma Profumo. That's hideously expensive too. The price of being classy. I have pushed my bottle further by spraying initially and then using a roll-on to refresh in the course of the day. Makes it last long and despite many perfumes not being as lively when dabbed or rolled on, J25 behaves normally even when not sprayed.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Gorgeous fragrance. But as close as this gets to the chypres of old, it only makes one miss the depths that oakmoss brings to the drydown.

I've had the extrait for a while & it's a classy, sophisticated scent, definitely not 'old', but with the class of the oldies imo.
    Prefer this to the Edp., but someone younger might prefer that.
    If your g/f doesn't fall in love with it now, she'll probably be grateful in years to come as these are just not being made much now, even Amouage seem to be subject to IFRA.
    So give it a go!
    It's by Lucas Sieuzac, I think,

In my top 5 from Amouage's regular range...Just divine!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Alfarom,

Please tell me what your top 5 are ? Are you as enthusiastic about other female Amouage fragrances that a man can wear ?

My next purchase is between Interlude (man) and Gold (man). At first I was leaning towards Interlude but the smoke might be too heavy for me. Gold is flashy but heavy and a totally different take on florals with the eastern influence.

Epic disappointed me on the dry down. Memoir was too generic for me.

Memoir Man is a big winner in my book so I guess my top 5 won't be of much help to you but, anyway...in no particular order...

Memoir Man
    Epic Woman
    Jubilation 25
    Jubilation XXV
    Ubar

I also quite enjoy Gold Man but I find it extremely hard to pull-off...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here