Code of Conduct

Default Marc Jacobs "Bang". Bang for the Buck or Pass the Pepper ?

Spent the day at the mall smelling frags and coffee beans and happened to try Marc Jacobs "Bang" while at Perfumania. I was already covered in Gucci Pour Homme and did another layer while I was at Sephora, so I only tried it on paper. What an opening, the explosive pepper blast up front was a new experience. It settled down to a nice and spicey frag that I have to say smelled pretty good for the 1st shot fired. I've never been a Marc Jacobs fan and haven't read much material on him here at BN. Do you think this one might be a winner for his line? And more importantly, what others would you recommend in this genre?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Marc Jacobs "Bang". Bang for the Buck or Pass the Pepper ?

Bang is a good one, IMO, and you can get it at Marshall's for $19.99 right now. You can pay a LOT more for Hermes Poivre Samarcande. I say grab a bottle now!

Love your title thread! For me it's the second choice. Not a winner IMO.

Winner for me. My wife and I both love it. Its a keeper in my collection.

Definite winner for me; it's one of my favorites in my collection.

Problem with this, like similar pepper fragrances (e.g. Burberry London) is they have very bad longevity. Bang gives me 2-3 hours tops. Shame too, as mentioned a great scent.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    Problem with this, like similar pepper fragrances (e.g. Burberry London) is they have very bad longevity. Bang gives me 2-3 hours tops. Shame too, as mentioned a great scent.
    Agreed, I tried this one and two hours later "BANG" , there was nothing left to smell.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Banned

Bang by Marc Jacobs - One is initially treated to an explosion of a sparkly pepper, unrestrainedly furnished by the pepper triumvirate - black pepper with its smooth, almost woody presence, pink pepper with its hay-like, potpourri air and white pepper with its earthiness. This jumble is very velvety rather than sharp in texture. A faint woodiness beckons the lively opening to its middle. Here, in the heart, sundry woods and faint greens tame and infuse the vibrant pepper, and pass it to the waiting base. Bitter and earthen vetiver, somewhat peppery and herbaceous patchouli, musky and leathery white moss, smoky, citrusy and woody elemi as well as earthy and sweet benzoin create a dark concoction to absorb the heart. A byproduct of the commingling of the middle's conifers and dry cedar with the components of the robust base makes for a fleeting, turpentine-ish vibe, otherwise the much subdued, foreboding melange flows to its alluring drydown. This inviting composition can be an all-season scent, and has good projection and average longevity.

I think it's awful. All you get is pepper for about 10 minutes (I hate peppery fragrances) then nothing. It very badly composed IMO. Cheap rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Bang by Marc Jacobs - One is initially treated to an explosion of a sparkly pepper, unrestrainedly furnished by the pepper triumvirate - black pepper with its smooth, almost woody presence, pink pepper with its hay-like, potpourri air and white pepper with its earthiness. This jumble is very velvety rather than sharp in texture. A faint woodiness beckons the lively opening to its middle. Here, in the heart, sundry woods and faint greens tame and infuse the vibrant pepper, and pass it to the waiting base. Bitter and earthen vetiver, somewhat peppery and herbaceous patchouli, musky and leathery white moss, smoky, citrusy and woody elemi as well as earthy and sweet benzoin create a dark concoction to absorb the heart. A byproduct of the commingling of the middle's conifers and dry cedar with the components of the robust base makes for a fleeting, turpentine-ish vibe, otherwise the much subdued, foreboding melange flows to its alluring drydown. This inviting composition can be an all-season scent, and has good projection and average longevity.
    This is a great, detailed description, although i don't get all of this every time I wear it. It is definitely pepper dominant, with the other notes mentioned above adding subtle nuances. I really like it.

Nice fragrance IMO, I love its pepperyness but hate the bottle shape (awkward to handle, form should follow function Marc!).
    Still not that cheap in bricks-and-mortar shops overhere.

Bad longevity? Re-apply!

Thanks For The Input Everyone !!!!!

Dependent

Great fragrance IMO! From Marc Jacobs however, I'd say go with the original.