Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Serge Lutens Cédre, need some honest opinions and reviews from those who have used it.

Serge Lutens Cédre sounds really nice to me but have not had a chance to smell this one. If you have this or have worn this, please let me know your honest opinions. Thanks.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Serge Lutens Cédre, need some honest opinions and reviews from those who have used it.

Apparently it has a lot of Tuberose.
    I know blackened likes it a lot.
    Traum vernichtung

for swap/sale:

Default Re: Serge Lutens Cédre, need some honest opinions and reviews from those who have used it.

Although I don't own it, I have tried it and liked it. Quite spicy.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I own Cèdre, it is spicy & sweet Tuberose with Amber.

I like it.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Post Thanks / Like

I like Cedre a lot, but I think there are widely diverging opinions about it. As others have already mentioned, it isn't a dry, woody "cedar" fragrance. It contains cedar, but it is more of a supporting base note.

Cedre is mainly a tuberose dominated floriental highly sweetened with the usual Lutens dried fruits and amber. It has much more in common with other syrupy Lutens frags such as Arabie, Chergui, and Fumerie Turque than the typical woody, cedary fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I like Cedre a lot, but I think there are widely diverging opinions about it. As others have already mentioned, it isn't a dry, woody "cedar" fragrance. It contains cedar, but it is more of a supporting base note.

Cedre is mainly a tuberose dominated floriental highly sweetened with the usual Lutens dried fruits and amber. It has much more in common with other syrupy Lutens frags such as Arabie, Chergui, and Fumerie Turque than the typical woody, cedary fragrance.
    I have read the notes and was hoping to find a tuberose fragrance and thought this one might be the one. Thanks for the comment!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Post Thanks / Like

It is too sweet and I really do not get cedre. I don't know if my sample is mislabelled, but this is just a typical overally sweet amber scent to wear to night clubs ( if you do that). Longevity and radiance are above average, so that is a plus if you enjoy it.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

To my nose, Cedre is more about wood than tuberose, the tuberose might be there but it is covered and manned up by the wood, it's not my choice if I want a tuberose fragrance that smell like the flower itself. IMO Cedre smells masculine but quite dated and not that unique

Post Thanks / Like

I love it. There's an accord that somehow reminds me of cola (even though it doesn't overtly smell like it). As others have stated, it's primarily a tuberose fragrance but it's one of the few tuberose fragrances that's not a typical floral (hardly floral at all to my nose). The drydown is amazing and golden to me and one of my favourites.
    Past that I find it a bit difficult to describe because it's got a smell all it's own that I find difficult to deconstruct.

I don't know if there's a regular Eau de Parfum but I have the Haute Concentration. Make sure you get this concentration if you can.

What noggs said! I don't quite like it on my skin, but it smells good on others. This is a weird combo/accord here. You should be able to sample this at a store, I think. Cedre is an Haute Concentration export frag, therefore a dark label and higher price.

Post Thanks / Like

Akahina,
    I'm through half a bottle of SL Cedre, which was a gift from my wife. She likes it very much on me.
    I'd second it's more a flowery-ambery oriental fragrance, spices and woods play condiment part here.
    Although it has some woodiness in a Hermes Rocabar manner, and has (to me) some weird note of rye bread so that I consider it has some Russian character to it

Regards, Odor.

Post Thanks / Like

I own it. Yes its actually a tuberose fragrance. Not as medical as say Tuberose Criminelle(sp), I love my tuberose to have that cough mixture medical vibe. It loud and very proud sillage and longevity. As said yes more a tuberose/oriental fragrance rather than a woody one.

It only comes in the black label which is the Haute Couture.
    DONNA

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

+ 1

I love the stuff.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I found a really good deal on a bottle so I blind bought it. Tubereuse Criminelle is lovely but gads, I could not wear that one. I have been searching for a sweet flowery scent and hope Cedre is the one. Since Lucky Scent has this listed as being slightly on the "masculine" side of the scale, and knowing that I like sweet and ambery scents (and those that are dark and challenging) I think I will like this one. Don't often blind buy... I will post some opinions this week after I get my bottle.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Post Thanks / Like

Death by tuberose, cough-syrup, and bubble-gum. Cedar of any kind is a bit of a ghost note here, but I smell a shared accord with Santal Blanc, another decidedly non-woody woody.

I never used to have a fondness for this, but on my most recent sampling, it made me smile. I don't think of it as a challenging fragrance ( it's a sweeter, softer Poison-variant ), but it's fun.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Death by tuberose, cough-syrup, and bubble-gum. Cedar of any kind is a bit of a ghost note here, but I smell a shared accord with Santal Blanc, another decidedly non-woody woody.
    This was my experience also.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Apparently it has a lot of Tuberose.
    I know blackened likes it a lot.
    yesssssss, my friend!! that´s correct !!
    I was happily surprised with its sweet creamy and semi tropical vibe , with a tuberose tone prefectly well blended and harmonized , (not overexposed like others tuberose fragances)... It has a spicy and caramelised amber quality , being yet elegant.
    at the top of that , It has an insane fixation!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Thanks guys, I found a really good deal on a bottle so I blind bought it. Tubereuse Criminelle is lovely but gads, I could not wear that one. I have been searching for a sweet flowery scent and hope Cedre is the one. Since Lucky Scent has this listed as being slightly on the "masculine" side of the scale, and knowing that I like sweet and ambery scents (and those that are dark and challenging) I think I will like this one. Don't often blind buy... I will post some opinions this week after I get my bottle.
    Since you're in Portland you could've gone to the Perfume House on SE Hawthorne. They carry the full export range and gladly decant samples upon request.

Post Thanks / Like

deleted
    Last edited by Akahina; 12th January 2012 at 12:08 AM.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Post Thanks / Like

Damn! Now I find out that what was supposed to be a cedar fragrance is actually a tuberose one! No wonder it didn't smell like cedar at all...
    The root beer-ish tuberose note was reminding me of the opening of Tubereuse Criminelle all the time...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Death by tuberose, cough-syrup, and bubble-gum.
    This is how I reacted to it as well. The bubble-gum note (grape Bubbalicious) was quite prominent on my skin. Not for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I love this one. Bought a bottle of this and 5 O' Clock Gingembre a few weeks ago. Don't get much cedar, but love the sweet tuberose.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE