Code of Conduct

Default I'm at a fragrance standstill and I need some guidence from you junkies.

Alright so here's the deal. I'm caught between two worlds. I've been to Sephora multiple times now constantly debating between two colognes.

Boss #6 and Terre D'Hermes

For those who have smelled both, I know what you're thinking. They're so extremely different in smell!

Well here's the thing. My collection is comprised of:

1. Burberry London
    2. Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male
    3. Issey Miyake L'uede Issey
    4. Dolce and Gobanna pour homme
    5. Azzaro's Chrome

After looking at my collection one could say that adding another fragrance like Boss Bottled to the group wouldn't necessarily add diversity, as I already have two colognes that primarily carry cinnamon and vanilla notes.

The problem is that I really love the fragrance. The apple note is quite different from the other colognes that I have, but I'm not sure if that difference is enough for me to buy Boss Bottled for fear of it becoming just another one of my MEH fragrances that I rarely pick up and use.

Terre D'Hermes is a totally different story. The scent itself is quite mature, and the complete opposite of everything I currently own. After thoroughly smelling each stage of Terre D'Hermes, I got mixed impressions. From the top notes, I thought it smelled something similar to what my dad would wear. But as it dried down, i noticed a more citrus type smell that doesn't resemble any other aquatic out there that all of the club goers are wearing. Moreover..I still don't feel as if I've grasped all of the stages of Terre D'Hermes. There seems to be a lot more to it that I'm interested in. Hermes seems more than just an average designer scent like the ones that I currently own.

Which one should I buy?!

I'm a 21 year old college senior about to graduate in May and entering the office type environment where I will absolutely be wearing cologne. I guess I just don't want to appear childish or seem high school with the type of cologne I decide to wear.

So do I want another typical designer fragrance that has a hint of something different of which I'm attracted to?

Or do I want something mature that seems higher end than what I currently own, that grows more of a mystery each and every time I get a smell?

I realize I could just say fuck it and spend $100.00 on both, and I most likely will, but I primarily came here for opinions on anyone who knows their stuff who might be inclined to give an insightful opinion.

Default Re: I'm at a fragrance standstill and I need some guidence from you junkies.

Boss Bottled is great stuff for sure, never tried TdH but from other people's opinions you can't go wrong with either!

Default Re: I'm at a fragrance standstill and I need some guidence from you junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Temple12 View Post
    Which one should I buy?!
    Easy answer - Terre D'Hermes

If you wanted a choice between those two setting up a poll in the thread might have been helpful - just a suggestion.

But as for my opinion definitely Terre d'Hermes. It will stand out a bit more in your collection and has better projection and longevity than Boss Bottled. Its also just a much more natural smelling and well made fragrance

Boss bottled is a decent frag but a bit synthetic and immature IMO. If you want a better version of apple and fresh scent that will get you more compliments try Lhomme- yves st Laurent or la nuit.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Basenotes Junkie

love boss bottle

You can get Adidas Victory League for less than $10, as it is very close to BB/#6 (though a bit "synthetic" smelling to me).

TdH
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

My vote for TdH too. Not only is it different, but it is also relatively smooth and not too invasive, so it's perfect for office as well. I don't find it "old" in any way. Indeed, at least in Europe, it seems to be very popular among young people.

cacio

Can't go wrong with TdH

Get the TdH, and welcome to the fragrance madhouse.

Dependent

With office settings, i see TdH as the better choice
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Honestly, check out bvlgari man. It's like both of those combined

Boss is a very nice scent, but Terre d'Hermes is a masterpiece.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Banned

as you said, you'll soon be entering the office type environment for which Terre d'Hermes is perfectly suited ... buy the Boss Bottled/#6 as a lark, just because you love it ...

Both are good, but Terre D'Hermes is slightly more distinctive

TDH no doubt..

What we're thinking is "Jesus Chist, glad he came in here to ask some questions and let's get him the f**k out of Sephora and expand his mind a bit."

Oh wait, Maybe that's JUST me.... Not.

Yeah, TdH is great. go for it.

TdH is my SOTD, go for it!

Sound Scents

Easily TdH if it were *me*... That said, you said you love Boss Bottled... Go with the one *you* love.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

TdH is far and away the better fragrance - and better than anything else you own. That said, maybe you (and your nose) need to mature before you wear it - impending corporate stardom notwithstanding. Regardless of what scent you wear, you'll still be 21 in so many ways.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Canali Black Diamond

you're welcome

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Boss bottle is a much better fragrance for sure. Girls just love that stuff! TdH is nothing special, just ordinary orange scent

They're both great, and worth owning. Boss #6 is probably more versatile, though.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

TdH hands down. If you really want Boss Bottled maybe look in to Ferrari Black, they smell almost identical to me.

I'd be inclinded to recommend TdH like many others here. Since you've already smelled it, you obviously like it and feel you can pull it off. Vetiver tends to be more of a mature note, so not really sure I'd give TdH my most enthusiatic thumbs up. I bought a used Boss Bottled off ebay awhile back, and was never too crazy about it. So, I would pick TdH over Boss Bottled, given the two choices. I think Hugo Boss in Motion would actually be a wonderful compromise for someone your age. I don't think everyone wears it, but it seems like it kinda blends the sweetness of Bottled with the oranges of TdH.

Blog Entries

Diversify and go with TDH
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Basenotes Plus

TDH for the win

Both suck, you can do better.