Code of Conduct

Question Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumičre Noire pour HOMME - WORTH IT?

Gents,
    tried APOM and its not my cap of tea.
    what about Lumičre Noire pour HOMME?
    how the projetion and sillage/longivity of this scent?

thanks a lot
    ed

Default Re: Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumičre Noire pour HOMME - WORTH IT?

Absolue pour le soir is the only one from MFK that's worth it. Absolutely oustanding in every way.

I've tried them all. Hated Pour le Soir (everyone was right, smells like a barnyard, terrible feces note), aqua was decent, but Lumiere Noir is currently my favorite fragrance period! It's an EDT, but one of the strongest scents I own. Longevity is GREAT for me!

//-

Quote Originally Posted by EDJA View Post
    Absolue pour le soir is the only one from MFK that's worth it. Absolutely oustanding in every way.

Thank you! i've tried this - to sweet for me
    Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp View Post
    I've tried them all. Hated Pour le Soir (everyone was right, smells like a barnyard, terrible feces note), aqua was decent, but Lumiere Noir is currently my favorite fragrance period! It's an EDT, but one of the strongest scents I own. Longevity is GREAT for me!
    Can you please just mention something similar to Lumiere Noir so i could feel the mood of this scent?

I'll sit back and wayt for JH to come in here and respond for me since he does a much better job describing the beauty of this LNPH

That's interesting, I don't any barnyard or fecal. I just get benzoin, honey and sandlewood. Sweet as can be.

A beautiful ethereal sexy fragrance for a man to wear. It's not like you are smelling a rose up close but smelling a rose mixed in with something sexy on the breeze.

For the first four hours you get a wonderful rose and patchouli fragrance that slowly fades into a wonderful white musk that stays close to you but persists for several hours more.

It is refined and Sophisticated and smells like the feeling of been in love has been captured in a bottle. Simply wonderful and a true delight to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    A beautiful ethereal sexy fragrance for a man to wear. It's not like you are smelling a rose up close but smelling a rose mixed in with something sexy on the breeze.

For the first four hours you get a wonderful rose and patchouli fragrance that slowly fades into a wonderful white musk that stays close to you but persists for several hours more.

It is refined and Sophisticated and smells like the feeling of been in love has been captured in a bottle. Simply wonderful and a true delight to wear.
    Thank you, very clear description.
    as i understood its definitely well made seamless scent but not for office for sure.
    right?
    much more for some special occasion

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    That's interesting, I don't any barnyard or fecal. I just get benzoin, honey and sandlewood. Sweet as can be.
    Aren't you supposed to be questioning my choices over on the Puredistance M topic? Haha. Just kidding! I found it hard to believe that something would smell like a barnyard, so I ordered a sample of the cologne version. Yep, funky stuff. My wife instantly agreed it was totally a pig barn smell. Several months later, I ordered some large samples directly from MFK and decided to get the EDP version and give it a shot. Again, nasty. I traded the sample away, and was glad to see it go.

As to what Lumiere Noir smells like?...... well, I'm not sure I've smelled something very close to this. Rose 31 is COMPLETELY different, it's interesting, but I don't like it too much. On a designer side, maybe something like YSL l'homme might be in the same mood as LNPH. All in all, it is perfectly described as simply..... a sexy scent.

Thank you, very clear description.
    as i understood its definitely well made seamless scent but not for office for sure.
    right?
    much more for some special occasion
    I've worn this to the office a few times since i just can't get enough of it and loved it. I beleive its extremely versatile, but yes, it does have a more formal/special occasion smell too it. But I love it too much to wait for only those moments to enjoy it

What has been said in its favor is true IMO. A very nice scent. Worth it? Yes.

Thank you guys for your replies.
    the issue is that having more than 100 bottles in my collection i am getting pervert and need more and more unique notes to satisfy my mad nose (or brain)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post

It's been a while since I sample this. You make it sound so good I'm going to order another sample and see if I've changed my mind.

Just ordered a 2.5ml spray from theperfumedcourt.
    Last edited by thebeck; 8th January 2012 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    I've worn this to the office a few times since i just can't get enough of it and loved it. I beleive its extremely versatile, but yes, it does have a more formal/special occasion smell too it. But I love it too much to wait for only those moments to enjoy it
    i had the same "problem" with patou ph - too good to be worn in the office and too god to be dusted on the shelf

Thank you guys for your replies.
    the issue is that having more than 100 bottles in my collection i am getting pervert and need more and more unique notes to satisfy my mad nose (or brain)
    100 bottles??? Wardrobe shows 9!

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    100 bottles??? Wardrobe shows 9!
    I should update it....
    yes, it were 9 when i registered here...

I should update it....
    yes, it were 9 when i registered here...
    Over 90 bottles in one year???!!! WOWZERS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Over 90 bottles in one year???!!! WOWZERS!!!!
    yes
    but the good thing is that my wish list is getting shorter - i have almost all what i wanted and going to sold some useless bottles i bought blind

but the good thing is that my wish list is getting shorter -...
    Delete Kurkdjian from Your list and it will get way shorter regarding the expenses, but not so much if it comes to originality. APOM seemed quite generic to me. Some others I had on paper and none impressed me. I didn't get new sensations nor a fond artisan quality. But as ever, my defunct nose could be blamed for that. In general I don't think that 'niche' is worth the effort.

You should order the MFK samples. LN, APOM and CPLS and APLS are all great frags and certainly FBW. I think they can be worn anywhere any time.
    They would be in my wardrobe if they didn't make me sneeze.

A lovely well crafted and high quality perfume. Longevity is excellent, projection is excellent.
    Its a blend of rose, patchouli and spice.

Can you please just mention something similar to Lumiere Noir so i could feel the mood of this scent?
    Somehow Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur but it (L'AP) is more earthy and less spicy.

Have you made your annual pilgrimage to Dubai or not yet? lol

for swap/sale:

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

imagine if Rose 31 rolled around on the floor and got really dirty, that's Lummy Noir. longevity is ok for this EDT, about 4 hours and it's a skin scent at best.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlďck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Banned

Lumiere Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian - One is initially treated to a debonair rose; the mildly sweet fragrance of which is somewhat stunted by the infused anise and nuttiness from the accompanying cumin. This exotic opening flows effortlessly to the heart, where a warm and toothsome cinnamon as well as an earthy and slightly dark patchouli nicely dust the rose with their inviting accessions. Arriving at its waiting base, a bitter and faintly disinfecting artemsia showers the rose, and specks of agreeable narcissus flitter about as its meanders to its enjoyable drydown. A prized gem in one's repertoire, this gorgeous composition, with its fresh and spicy overtures and concomitant sensuousness, has average projection and very good longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    A prized gem in one's repertoire, this gorgeous ... average projection and very good longevity.
    So he HAS to buy it, doesn't he? When I tried the Maison Francis Kurkdjian line at the mall (N Marcus / Maceys whatever) the SAs got so busy around it, emphasizing the 'niche' thing. When I was back in the hotel the wonder-drug or may be hypnosis failed to work anymore. I concluded I do not need it, period! I think it was the APOM I had on my wrist. I don't want to be rude, but it fell apart and eventually smelled like a pretentious grooming product of contemporary olfactory 'design'.

And my reasoning is that similarities occur by intention. To whom are Francis Kurkdjian products addressed? I suspect ** it's the wealthy but bored middle-class lady.

Additionally the name is silly, isn't it? Lumičre Noire = Black Light, in this case for MAN. Shouldn't a house (Maison) dedicated solely to highest class (money wise) perfumery be more careful with words? Why is black light for men? I can't think of buying a thing like that, I would feel funny.

** (The line includes scented candles which I decidedly do not like at all and laundry detergent, scented. In an interview he explained the 'Maison' thing as a focus on the house as an emotional point-in-the-middle.

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/duefte...store=english&

Does anyone need more evidence regarding the dedication to home-making and it's personal?)
    Last edited by WildThingy; 9th January 2012 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    A lovely well crafted and high quality perfume. Longevity is excellent, projection is excellent.
    Its a blend of rose, patchouli and spice.

Somehow Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur but it (L'AP) is more earthy and less spicy.

Have you made your annual pilgrimage to Dubai or not yet? lol
    we have almost the same range of frags in Moscow at reasonable price.
    I have to come to NY B&G to buy Fougere Royal Pure Perfume in absolutely gorgeous but useless wooden box

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    imagine if Rose 31 rolled around on the floor and got really dirty, that's Lummy Noir. longevity is ok for this EDT, about 4 hours and it's a skin scent at best.
    This is about the worst description I've ever heard. I guess it's a joke maybe? Rose 31 is a horrible in your face rose, LNPH is just a sexy masculine scent with the best rendition of rose I can imagine (it doesn't even remind me of a rose scent which is perfect for me). It's an EDT, but lasts longer than most of my EDP. To each their own.

Ouch. How can you call rose 31 out like that!

Undeniably nice and clean, but lacking in silage and longevity IMO.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

This is about the worst description I've ever heard.
    says the guy who uses feces to describe Soir

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlďck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

As does a lot of other basenoters. I'm just not a fan of the pig barn smell, some people are, so I guess it sells.

Basenotes Plus

For a feel of LPNH, try a light spray of Aramis 900. It's not as smooth of course.

Bottomline is if you like it, then it's worth it. Price is secondary.

If your taste runs into the ethereal or low-key fragrances that wears rather elegantly, you're likely to find the MFK line suitable. But if you're after projection and longevity, better to look elsewhere. Having said that, Absolue Pour Le Soir wears like a powerhouse and is way too potent for my taste. I still have a small decant of it but it doesn't get much wear. Prefer the cologne version.

Are you an auditor by profession ?

for swap/sale:

Lumiere Noire Pour Homme can best be summarized for those who haven't smelled it by the following description: Imagine Narciso Rodriguez PH, remove a bit of the density and any and all sourness or bitterness, and add a bit of rose to it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Interesting enough, I ran across this blog today where he is reviewing Soir.

http://www.nathanbranch.com/2011/01/...r-le-soir.html

Some of his friends had these comments:

“Absolue Pour le Soir actually made me laugh out loud, it’s so feral!” while another stated that “I just got ’round to trying it today and it’s extremely RIPE! An utter skankfest! . . . It goes very powdery, but it’s like a heap of powder trying to cover up unwashed private bits. Gag!”

Then he also notes that Katie Puckrik comments "it smelled like a church in a zoo". Maybe that is what kind of vibe I get from Soir. It has some interesting stuff in there (church bit), but it's the other stuff (zoo) that puts me off too much.