Code of Conduct

Thumbs down An Open Plea to Axe wearers/purchasers

dear god, just buy some decent cologne already...

A 100 mL bottle of Nautica Voyage, a fantastic aquatic can be had for $20, like Gourmands instead? (like Axe Dark Temptation) Animale Animale can be had for 20-25 a bottle! Either will last you much longer than constantly buying a bottle of Axe and unlike Axe, neither have a dry down smelling of propellents and rotting hairspray. This wonderful forum provides many posts on "Cheap but quality" fragrances" if you do a search you'll find several.

If you're young or poor, just save your money, a decent EDT will save you money in the long run and you'll smell of quality juice. Everyone knows you're wearing
    Axe, and yes, those of us who don't do make fun of you. For those of us who've spent time working or studying in a college or university, we've constantly dealt with your fragrance assault, you, in short, are the reason we now have "fragrance policies."

We have a "fragrance policy" at work, but when I'm wearing Dirty English, Cool Water, Platinum Egoiste, Voyage or La Nuit de L'Homme I'm not getting any complaints. A stupid prat who was wearing Axe, on the other hand, did get a disciplinary letter.

Stop supporting this absolute atrocity hoisted on us like a bloody plague by Unilever. Unlike the commercials, women don't think you smell nice, sexy or stylish, they think you're a pimply club kid carrying an STD....

Thanks for Listening,

Love,

MdS

Default Re: An Open Plea to Axe wearers/purchasers

This is very funny.

I am sure a version can be made for the women's forum.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Lol +1

The gentleman makes some good points, in an entertaining way.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    For those of us who've spent time working or studying in a college or university, we've constantly dealt with your fragrance assault, you, in short, are the reason we now have "fragrance policies."
    Unfortunately, I suspect the reason we have fragrance policies is the existence of people like this: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showt...-about-perfume!

I like your phrase "rotting hairspray", however.

queen of the universe

Reminds me of the old Vitalis ads ("Are you still using that greasy kid stuff?). otoh, Axe is a gateway product. That 8th grader who spent his money on Axe is just a year or two away from the better drug store frags. And onward to the good stuff.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Very amusing!

You need olfactory therapy. Come to Dubai.

for swap/sale:

Looking for decent purchase possibilities of Nautica Voyage and/or Animale Animale now, not that I need to find a replacement for Axe, nor I am necessarily in search for fragrance bargains, but, irrespective of Axe, this thread opened my eyes towards to possibly good scents

Gratz for first retarded post in 2012. I dont wear Axe but posts like this really pisses me of. Just let everyone use whatever they want and STFU with this "i am better than you because i wear xxx not Axe" propaganda.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Gratz for first retarded post in 2012. I dont wear Axe but posts like this really pisses me of. Just let everyone use whatever they want and STFU with this "i am better than you because i wear xxx not Axe" propaganda.
    You did read the part about the Axe guy getting a warning at work, presumably because his toxic sillage?

I completely agree with the OP. I believe that people buy Axe (or Lynx as they are marketed in Australia) due to lack of exposure or education (or apathy). Convenience would also be a factor as they are sold in the supermarket, so you can pick them up along with your toothbrush and toilet paper for the month.

I don't think people actively *choose* deodorants such as these over a reasonably priced EDT. I think people just assume that decent EDTs are much more expensive, without actually realising that in the long run they would probably be saving money.

Also, another *big* benefit in getting people away from Axe/Lynx would be in regards to cutting down on the chemicals, propellants and waste created by all the cheap spray deodorants out there. I'm sure people would go through at *least* 4 or 5 cans of whatever random olfactory abomination for every single 100ml bottle of EDT.

Basenotes... Saving the environment one fragrance at a time.

I agree with the OP but I see where you're coming from.

I thought it was funny anyway. Can we add 1 Million to the list?

The one problem is that the OP is preaching to the converted... Maybe we should have Basenotes T-Shirts with that tirade printed on the back!

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    You did read the part about the Axe guy getting a warning at work, presumably because his toxic sillage?
    What is difference between wearing 10 sprays of Axe or 10 sprays of Kouros/A*Men/Mugler Cologne/whatever cologne? Everything smells bad if you overspray it.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I have to agree with the OP. That stuff isnt right for the office, maybe a gym, but not the office.

What is difference between wearing 10 sprays of Axe or 10 sprays of Kouros/A*Men/Mugler Cologne/whatever cologne? Everything smells bad if you overspray it.
    Ha! Good point. 10 sprays of Dark Temptation would merely be offensive. 10 sprays of A*Men would make my head explode!