Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SOTD: Monday, 9, January , 2012

Good morning everyone.

Portrait of a lady

The patchouli accord is blazing right now . I think I'll stick to Une Rose.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 9, January , 2012

Hermes Bel Ami

Good morning! Have a fantastic and fragrant week!

Good Morning,

I felt I needed to inject a little sunshine into my day: Eau de Guerlain.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

G., who needs a little sunshine? You should wear the deep burgundy-red shade of mise à mort for your complexion, too :P :P
    Hedonist, I know what you are referring to - that's why the Lady and I never got along really.

Back to daily routine... at least I smell divine in Tabac Blond!

Best to all

Hello everyone. Lolita Lempicka for me today.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Guerlain Habit Rouge EDP + matching after shave balm.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Going with something to combat the Monday morning blues. Still don't know how anyone could dislike Chergui. I'll always have a bottle in my wardrobe.

Sending healing vibes to PerfumedLady - hope you are recovering well.

D&G 1 Le Bateleur

Its a Crap

D&G 1 Le Bateleur

Its a Crap

By Kilian Cruel Intentions

No.19 EdP, will have a day off today with (not from!) naps and crafts. Love them Mondays like this!

Hello all. Honore des Pres Chamen's Party.
    DONNA

Amouage Jubilation 25 is my new Holy Grail. In fact it has renewed my faith in the concept of Holy Grail.
    This rummy beauty with a bit of cumin and the visage of Mitsouko succeeds in making me feel Jubilant. Who knew?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

SotD is Hermes Hermessence Ambre Narguile. Notes include, benzoin, labdanum, musk, vanilla, caramel, honey, sugared tonka bean, grilled sesame seeds, cinnamon, rum, coumarine, white orchid. (nst) This is another fragrance that is so easy to wear and just makes you happy. Sweet amber and cinnamon, what could be better?

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday, 9, January , 2012

VETIVER DES SABLES

Notes of : vetiver, mahogany and Indian spices

M O N T A L E
    PARIS
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

I have a dental appointment first thing this morning so no scent yet, but plan on spraying myself down with Shalimar Parfum Initial as soon as I get back.

Wish you all a good start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hello everyone!

I'm in vintage-60s Miss Dior edt this morning.

Twolf - enjoy your nice day filled with naps and crafts, you deserve it!

Jon - I hope you're feeling better today, too!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

..................................the much maligned new DHI

Blog Entries

Happy Monday! I'm in Miller Harris Fleur Oriental.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Joining Kiliwia in Hermes Ambre Narguile this morning. Happy Monday everyone.

Hiya! I gifted myself a little something for working almost all of New Year. It came today, Esvedra, a contemporary, ethereal, minimilist Vetiver with Petigrain and Coriander. It is a nice foil to the richer fragrances that I have (generally) been gravitating towards during Winter. I have had some samples of it, and although I do find it just a bit on the light side, I kept going back to it, till I eventually thought, Oh go on then!

I also ordered samples of the full set of Calé. Have no doubt that you will be be hearing about them!

Ha Ha G You asked for that one!

That one sounds nice Foustie - I love a petitgrain note. And thanks to you I just looked up Laboratorio Olfattivo - some of their fragrances sound very interesting!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 9th January 2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Good morning all!

I'm in Creed FdTRB and off to take Mom to her first appointment for outpatient physical therapy, now that she is no longer homebound and needing VNA services.

Happy Monday all! SOTD is Elie Saab Le Parfum.

Basenotes Institution

hedonist222 - I was lucky to heave dinner with Joe (petruccijc) last week, when he was in town, and he was wearing Portrait of A Lady and it smelled FAN-tastic on him, much better than I thought it smelled on me. This is one I admire from afar.
    rtamara41, what a great description of Julibation 25...I had seen last night that you'd posted it as your SOTD twice. It is a lovely, vintage-smelling big chypre...the most Guerlain-ish Amouage I've smelled. Better save them pennies for that one!
    30 Roses - its SO nice to hear that your Mom is making a wonderful recovery from all of her pain and disability - give her a hug from me today

Today for me it's my second wearing of:

Luxury Sandalwood Cologne by Taylor of Old Bond Street

This was a blind buy for me, and the first time I smelled it last week I didn't like it...so I'm giving it some more skin time to see if my opinion changes. Not a bad scent per se, just totally not what I was expecting.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

hello everybody. on vacation for the week.

Am wearing Scherrer today. I haven't worn it in awhile, and had forgotten how wonderful it smells.

PG Iris Taizo today. Good morning, all.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    hedonist222 - I was lucky to heave dinner with Joe (petruccijc) last week
    Mike, did you catch something from PerfumedLady?
    (Tummy-settling, low-undulation healing vibes wending from me to you, PerfumedLady.)

Aw, Jon, woo datta told? Dat tinks! Heal fast.
    Whaaa-Hooo, Rtamara! Four thousand posts! Your AJ25 love affair is palpable and exciting.
    Good luck at the dental doc, tdem.
    Lilybelle, what a feel-good scene you've found for an avatar with the gypsy wagon and spaniel. Charm-ing!
    Twolf, "naps and crafts" sounds as fun as the activities themselves.

We're awaiting further news about DD's friend's dad who suddenly gained color-sightedness. Will let you know what we learn.

Gandhajala, I had to look up your Aldous Huxley reference. Yes, apropos. Our family watched the movie "Cowboys and Aliens" this weekend, and when Daniel Craig's character is given peyote/mescaline, we all immediately associated it to Mr. Wraalstad's new color perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23
    Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive.
    --Anais Nin
    That's a really lovely notion.
    BACK TO FRAGRANCE ...
    Went scentless yesterday. The weather's been so warm that we spent much of the weekend outside. It's supposed hit a high of 52°F/11°C Wednesday.
    Today I thought I'd wear one of Mr. Quarry's top three favorites: Jicky. This time his comment was that I smelled soapy, which is okay since he was referencing the Yardley lavender bar soap we use. I find Jicky one of the most reliably soothing fragrances.

In reading The Alchemy of Scent, I see JC Ellena and I have something in common: a preoccupation with vacuuming. We also both garden. But to bother mentioning vacuuming as one of his pastimes is especially provocative to me. Actually, I'm very much enjoying his book because it approaches the topic of creativity from a variety of angles, and he's so open about his thinking processes.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    I felt I needed to inject a little sunshine into my day
    Still a bit gloomy - we'll have a sing-along to try and influence things for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Jon - I hope you're feeling better today, too!
    I'm not too bad thanks, E. Been dosing up with a few tried and tested remedies and spending my working day silently cursing germ-ridden colleagues

SotE - Same house, different scent. Daim Blond.

Blog Entries

Millisime Imperial by Creed.

I am in Eden by Cacharel for a second day in a row
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Twolf, enjoy your day off, you crafty little thing you.

((Mike)) and ((PerfumedLady)) -- but Jon, I'm glad you are on the mend!

Rtamara, I also loved your description of Jubilation 25 -- spot on!

30 Roses, it sounds like your mom is doing a bit better -- I'm glad for both of you.

I'm in Infini PdT today. Take care, fragrant dollies.

Blog Entries

Thanks ((Mike )) and ((Leesee))-- Mom did great at her PT evaluation, even climbed up and down stairs with relative ease (which means she can finally come to my house for a visit again.) She was optimistic about Mom's probability of achieving independence again-- best news I've had in a while!

I've hoped for the same, of course, but it's not possible for me to be objective, so it was good to get another professional's confirmation that my hope was realistic. Because if she had to pay for a 24/7 caregiver indefinitely, we would have to start looking for other options for Mom's residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    (Tummy-settling, low-undulation healing vibes wending from me to you, PerfumedLady.)
    Yes,he did Quarry! I hopped a plane to Miami last week, had a quick make-out with Mike, then flew right back home for some heaving of my own. Don't let him tell you different- I know he'll try!

Thanks everyone for your concern, I'm feeling very mothered and quite a bit better!

30R-what wonderful news! I'm so happy for your family that things are looking up! RE: your great advice yesterday- yes it's definitely viral, happened to have a Dr. appt. scheduled this morning for yearly check-up and she agrees it must have been. Lot of it going around here. That's interesting about the flu shot- will consider carefully before deciding on that! Thanks!

Able to handle a little more scent today-Cristalle EDT it is.

EDITING for clarification- Mike was NOT the cause of my heaving! It reads that way, a little. How could he be?- he's a good- humored cutie pie!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 9th January 2012 at 06:29 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    G., who needs a little sunshine? You should wear the deep burgundy-red shade of mise à mort for your complexion, too :P :P...
    touché, mon ami! hehehehe

Jon, thanks for the tune. Morecambe & Wise never fail to elicit a smile. Glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better too.

Foustie - I'd be interested to hear your take on the Calé samples. I've read a few reviews on the 'F' site, but little else so please report back.

Sticking with a summery vibe tonight: Oxford & Cambridge.

Best to all.

I'm sampling L'es Nombres D'or Musc by Mona di Orio today.

Notes include Neroli, Angelica, Rose, Heliotrope, Absolute Tonka Bean, Precious Musks. It's lovely

Quarry, the gyspy wagon of my fantasy is what I escape to when I'm feeling that my life is squeezing me too tightly. Ah...freedom!

Love to all. Love you all to bits.

Wearing Mitsouko EdP tonight... after quite some time. However hard I would want to whip Guerlain for Jicky and l'Heure Bleue, if what I'm having here is the latest incarnation (November 2010 batch code) of Mitsouko EdP, this one is done right IMO (mind you, I don't like vintage Mitsouko).
    Best to all!

Work day so new bargainatious purchase. Musk Blanc by Les Senteurs. Soft, clean, gentle n motherly. Perfect for my job

1828 by Histoires de Parfums
    Gary

Happy Monday to all!

My SotD: Caron L'Accord Code 119, first time from my blind-bought little decant

Notes: Blackcurrant bud, Egyptian jasmine, patchouli, blackberry, black pepper, vanilla, heliotrope, musk, amber

Comments: This is one compelling beauty, and a horizon-pusher for me. I'm seeing fruit (and patchouli - this stuff is packed with patchouli!) in new ways. Wow!

Image: Life in Circles #30, by Kimberly Conrad

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Work day so new bargainatious purchase. Musk Blanc by Les Senteurs. Soft, clean, gentle n motherly. Perfect for my job
    That sounds nice. I'm on the lookout now for gentle easy-to-wear musks.

Amour - Kenzo

Topping up this evening with Estee Lauder Pure White Linen. I haven't worn this one in quite a while. I had two bottles, one small and one larger, and now it seems I have lost/misplaced the larger one. It has disappeared.

Hey y'all -

I'm in Rochas Absolu for the evening. Have a good night everyone!

Leesee - you smell amazing, but I'm sure you already know that!

lilybelle - I lose bottles of perfume all the time...but I'm not very organized and I tend to leave them all over the place. I'm sure yours will turn up soon, unless you're like me and forgot that you swapped it away months ago!

Haunani - your fantastic painting is a perfect representation of the energy of Mardi Gras (or maybe how I feel the morning after, lol) ...which makes me very curious about L'Accord Code 119!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Mom did great at her PT evaluation, even climbed up and down stairs with relative ease (which means she can finally come to my house for a visit again.) She was optimistic about Mom's probability of achieving independence again-- best news I've had in a while!

I've hoped for the same, of course, but it's not possible for me to be objective, so it was good to get another professional's confirmation that my hope was realistic. Because if she had to pay for a 24/7 caregiver indefinitely, we would have to start looking for other options for Mom's residence.
    This is really encouraging news - what a relief to be able to see light at the end of the tunnel. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she continues making such good progress.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    This is really encouraging news - what a relief to be able to see light at the end of the tunnel. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she continues making such good progress.
    amen
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Hope all have enjoyed their day- I have been in 2 light spritzes of 24,Faubourg Hermes for 6 hours now and it's still going strong.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    .....Haunani - your fantastic painting is a perfect representation of the energy of Mardi Gras (or maybe how I feel the morning after, lol) ...which makes me very curious about L'Accord Code 119!
    Ha ha, Evangeline! I actually chose this picture because the round shapes and purple color reminded me of the fruit in this fragrance, and because all the elements seemed to be "in accord." L'Accord Code 119 is really lovely. Though it's pegged as a fruity floral, I mostly get dark fruit on a full musk and patchouli base. I love it, and recommend trying it!

Basenotes Plus

kinski
    Looking for:

Creed - SMW, MI
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood, Neroli P, Amber
    Amouage - Jubilation
    Acqua di Parma - Essenza
    Molecule 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries

Hello, y'all! I am a house twin with Gary -- in 1740 Histoires de Parfums -- and a trouble twin with tdem1961 -- I had a dental appointment today as well! My tooth had been bothering me and before going out of town I wanted to have it looked at. Oh well, so there's nothing to fix there, which is good news, perhaps. The bad news is that the issue is caused by my anatomy, so it may be just keep going on for some time. Until there will be something to fix and we will have it fixed. Funny, huh?

Wolfie, enjoy it, you deserved it fully!
    (((PerfumedLady))) get well, sweetheart.
    ((30 Roses)) I know how it feels. Congrats!

H and E -- I know this Caron is a 2010 release, but I put it in the favorites among the ones I have tried in 2011. Well crafted, well represented, sweet and stays this way. Looking to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    H and E -- I know this Caron is a 2010 release, but I put it in the favorites among the ones I have tried in 2011. Well crafted, well represented, sweet and stays this way. Looking to buy.
    Hi Twolf! I'm glad to hear that you're also a fan. I think a bottle is in my future, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    rtamara41, what a great description of Julibation 25...I had seen last night that you'd posted it as your SOTD twice. It is a lovely, vintage-smelling big chypre...the most Guerlain-ish Amouage I've smelled. Better save them pennies for that one!.
    will not shower until it wears off...will not launder sweater worn today...I think I'm in trouble here...officially seeking decant or bottle split on this one....have not fallen this hard for a frag since I don't know when.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    It was nice to see that luckyscent now has an offering from the Caron line, including this one. It sounds beautiful and I couldn't help but admire the accompanying painting.

Blog Entries

Thanks, people! It was such good news that it offset learning that our credit card was stolen again-- second time in one month. This time the thieves bought over $1100 of stuff at the Apple store-- but we are not liable for it.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Yes,he did Quarry! I hopped a plane to Miami last week, had a quick make-out with Mike, then flew right back home for some heaving of my own. Don't let him tell you different- I know he'll try!..

...EDITING for clarification- Mike was NOT the cause of my heaving! It reads that way, a little. How could he be?- he's a good- humored cutie pie!
    I will not kiss-and-tell ((wink wink))

Tonight it's:

Shalimar EdC + Body Cream by Guerlain

No picture because I'm typing this on my IPad
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle