Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday, 4 June 2012

Good morning,

My head feels as if a truck drove over it, so I prescribe myself another bucket of espresso...
    I'm in Iris Bleu Gris and realize I have an iris dilemma. I may have to conclude that iris would be a case for a bespoke, but nothing seems 'perfect' for me. I might have to try pouring that Apres l'Ondée bottle over me.... in order to get some sillage out of it.

Best to all!

Default Re: SotD Monday, 4 June 2012

..............Good morning!

Morning all,

Long working day ahead, despite it being a Public holiday. No rest for the wicked, I guess.
    Wearing:

Wishing everyone a great start to the week.

Good afternoon everyone.

Copious amounts of Timbuktu.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Member

Bois des Iles today while I am also working....albeit from the comfort of home!

Seigneur by Galimard

Chanel Eau de Cologne today for the citrus sniff. It's still officially the weekend in the UK until Wednesday.

It will help clear my head, apparently my head and liver are trying to tell me the Beer Festival was not a good idea yesterday. Especially for someone who rarely imbibes.

Hugs to all on this Monday! It's such a cold, sad and gloomy day here. And it's so gray outside because of the thick clouds covering the sky. How I hate this kind of weather! Makes me drowsy and yawning all day, even a big cup of my favourite, strong tea seems to have no effect on me today. One word to say - boo!

I'm a fragrance twin with Larimar (hat tip my friend) sampling Iris Bleu Gris by MPG today.

I really can't decide whether I like this Iris Bleu Gris or not. I liked the opening, then I wasn't really into the iris&leather phase and now after few hours it settled into something I like.

Good morning everyone Today it's only 2 days left before the oral exam and all I can think about is applying for more jobs. It's a rather warm day so will try to stop worrying and instead go outside on the balcony to study. ( about 12-14 degrees now) Have a smooth start of the week all Sotd-wise I'm both craving Dzing!, L'ombre dans l'eau and Madame X. Will see what I end up with later.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 4th June 2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: some of teh text copied abutomatically ? :P

Hello all. Marc Jacobs Bang.
    DONNA

creed tabarome millesime

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday, 4 June 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Montale Patchouli leaves from an old sample...earthy, nearly edible, very grounding, just the ticket.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Bvlgari Black for me, wish you all a very good day xoxo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. Another of the lucky ones off work until Wednesday here . Just about to dodge the showers and depart for a pub lunch by the Grand Union Canal.

SotD is Geir.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 4th June 2012 at 11:54 AM.

Monday was a public holiday in NZ (18 more minutes of it left, actually). So not quite "was", still "is" I've spent most of the day indoors reading and wanted something very tranquil and soft to wear. Here it is - L'eau d'Hiver.

Good afternoon all! Horribly cold spring day today and I think my SOTD works for that.

Decided to try Blask by Humiecki & Graef. I am rather impressed and do like it, but just don't love it enough for a full bottle (yet). Maybe I'll try it again, or I'll give in to my feelings and buy a decant soon.

blask.jpg
    Last edited by zubi; 4th June 2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    how i hate this kind of weather! One word to say - boo!

agreed!
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Good morning,

My head feels as if a truck drove over it, so I prescribe myself another bucket of espresso...
    I'm in Iris Bleu Gris and realize I have an iris dilemma. I may have to conclude that iris would be a case for a bespoke, but nothing seems 'perfect' for me. I might have to try pouring that Apres l'Ondée bottle over me.... in order to get some sillage out of it.

Best to all!
    I agree that iris can be difficult. I like it best when it's not in the forefront, but rather adding powderiness to an otherwise well-blended mix, a la a lot of Chanels. I dislike it when it's too earthy and rooty.

I'm wearing Opium Fleur Imperiale for a cloudy Monday. Twelve more days of school.

Good morning everyone -

I'm in vintage Metal for modern dance ...somehow just a perfect combination. Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Happy Monday! My favorite day of the week. On a roll with Fleur Oriental by Miller Harris...back to coldish weather here in NYC.

Oh, well this thread needs some more iris, so here I am in Iris 39. We really do seem to be having some sort of "Year of the Iris" here this spring! Of course, iris loving is a permanent, year round state for me.

Fleurine, I like this roll you're on! I loved Fleur Oriental since my first sampling last winter and it has become very serious! Love it more with every wearing. Just makes me so happy to smell!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Institution

Oh lucky Brits with the long bank holidays !!!!! The Queen's Jubilee !

This morning I'm still toying with what to wear or sample .
    I'll be back later .

Larimar - kisses . I hope your head feels better after the coffee .
    Fleurine - send me some of that cool NYC weather ! It's getting hot hot hot here in my part of CA .

Histoires de Parfums 1876. I think there's iris in this too.

Rain, rain and more rain.
    SOTD Estee Lauder Aliage-Vintage on one arm, current version on the right-trying to decide whether to keep the current or not.
    Good day to you all.

Wearing the lovely Tocca Eau de Touch

Feeling blah, hating the weather, not wanting to work, today... White Patchouli, it is!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

A late good morning to everyone!

Overcast and cool here today. I'm wearing Pacifica Persian Rose, trying to decide if it's really for me.

Je suis un homme this evening.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Montale Patchouli leaves from an old sample...earthy, nearly edible, very grounding, just the ticket.
    Good to see you posting.

for swap/sale:

It is good to see you, Rtamara.

I'm wearing some Attar Bazaar Egyptian Shalimar this morning. It's very nice after it's been on a while. It reminds me of a tanning oil from days of yore. Maybe Bain de Soleil? Though it's been so many years since I've smelled that I'm not sure. It smells like a beach at a resort anyway.

It is a storming/rainy day here, and I'm wearing Dolce Vita, which seems to go well with the weather.

Basenotes Institution

Hello and hugs for Rtamara !

So this morning I decided to test out Soussanne by Keiko Mecheri - this is from her new bespoke line. Very good stuff for those who like Hypnotic Poison - type scents.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

It's been tricky getting any traction on Basenotes this morning.

I was on the Kindle over the weekend and able to participate in SnS, but now I'm on the big machine with the good speakers and big screen, so it's easier to appreciate and react to your weekend SotD posts and Jon's sensitive musical interludes. The smooth jazz one really hit the spot with me this morning.

Heavenscent, you got to meet up with Kumquat and Purplebird? Automatic fun.

Wooznib, it's fascinating gaining insight into any creative process. Thanks for sharing.

Tdem, kudos to the thoughtful hubby and son.

Coconut, your mentioning Bois des Iles makes me think that'd have been a good choice for forgotten-treasure-sync-Friday. I see whwend is wearing some today, too.

Awwww, hedonist had the time to post one of his signature scent pictures. Neat!

Rtamara, you're making me smile just to think of you!

♥ ♥ ♥

On the subject of irises ... I took some good, deep whiffs from our purple bloomers recently. On the first inhalation, I swear I smelled grape (like sweet grape soda), and I don't think I was influenced by the color of the flower. A second impression was one of tuberose. Then, for short time, I smelled lily. Thereafter, I have mostly gotten the tuberose vibe. I've been anosmic to orris root, but maybe that can change. I've improved my detection of violet notes. No point to this paragraph. Just random observations.

Speaking of wine, as some of you have ... Saturday afternoon Mr. Q and I were uncustomarily unproductive. We rocked in our new patio chairs beneath our new red patio umbrella on our "new" veranda, and polished off a whole bottle of his dry raspberry wine and ate chocolate. The raspberry-chocolate combo was as exquisite as you dare imagine.

Today, I'm well scented in Boucheron Femme, a happy fragrance for me.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Glad to have you around again, Rtamara

Still enjoying the extra long weekend and obeying orders from Her Majesty this evening.

SotE - Lagerfeld KL Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Je suis un homme this evening.
    It would certainly be remarkable if you were not!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Hello and hugs for Rtamara !

So this morning I decided to test out Soussanne by Keiko Mecheri - this is from her new bespoke line. Very good stuff for those who like Hypnotic Poison - type scents.
    I love Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri. I find it quite similar to Hypnotic Poison.

I'm in another Keiko Mecheri today: Attar de Roses
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

A kiss fo Mims!
    Good company to be twinned with, lucasai
    Good to hear the Q.s rested on their laurels a bit!
    That's one sensible order, Jon!
    It was a crazy day for me and I did question the sanity of the world around me and/or ultimately my own. I'm smoking the peace pipe and declare this day over.
    Jicky EdP.

Quarry, exactly! I grow several varieties of iris (they're my favorite of all my garden "babies") and all smell different but you took the words out of my brain about those dark purple beauties. Have always thought of them as "grape-y lilies" in scent. Great description! No point to my chatter, either- just love iris!

A nice, comforting, sane hug to Larimar!

Lancome Sikkim for me today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Fleurine, I like this roll you're on! I loved Fleur Oriental since my first sampling last winter and it has become very serious! Love it more with every wearing. Just makes me so happy to smell!
    Scent twin PL! Fleur Oriental is so well done, isn't it! Just powdery and floral and ambery and incensey and you can wear it everywhere...It reminds me a bit of another favorite of mine Daphne by CdG but lighter and not so narcotic becuase there is no tuberose...I just bought some backups, and a bottle of parfum...

Ok MIMs I am officially sending you some colder weather...
    Larimar, I usually have those brutal Mondays, and I am still waiting for that to happen here...fingers crossed that it won't.

I know I'm addicted to an elegant, powdered iris! Iris Bleu Gris was too little iris for the day, so I helped myself with VC&A Bois d'Iris this evening, ha!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Speaking of wine, as some of you have ... Saturday afternoon Mr. Q and I were uncustomarily unproductive. We rocked in our new patio chairs beneath our new red patio umbrella on our "new" veranda, and polished off a whole bottle of his dry raspberry wine and ate chocolate. The raspberry-chocolate combo was as exquisite as you dare imagine.
    Mrs Q you are a girl after my own heart. We are imbibing from a bottle of Chilean Merlot and have a box of Cherry Brandy Liqueurs at the ready for this evenings indulgent relaxation.

Is there a better combination ?

Jon! I don't know what those sweets are but they certainly caused my mouth to get wet. I waaaant soome of theeesee!!

SOTE

I'm giving a final today so I have been dragging my feet a bit this morning trying to decide what scent will work best for the occasion. I do want to say everyone's scent choices are inspiring me greatly -- lots of lovely ones today!

Sending hugs to all who need them (or not) and good thoughts to everyone, period. Happy Monday!

Just to say these wine and choccie posts are killing me - I'm stuck on the train back to London and my tummy is rumbling !
    At least I've got you lot to keep me amused.
    Best to all.

Quarry, thanks . You've inspired me to take more pics.

L'Incandescent, touché sir.

Gandhajala, hang in there!

for swap/sale:

What a wonderful thread today - a Mrs. Q ramble always makes it special
    I wore Fendi Theorema Esprit d'Ete today to work. I missed out on all the iris fun - oh well, I'll make up for it another day

Secret Obsession today. Haven't worn it in awhile, and it's really hitting the spot. Seems extra fruity today.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    Scent twin PL! Fleur Oriental is so well done, isn't it! Just powdery and floral and ambery and incensey and you can wear it everywhere...It reminds me a bit of another favorite of mine Daphne by CdG but lighter and not so narcotic becuase there is no tuberose...I just bought some backups, and a bottle of parfum...
    I will tell you that as a longtime lover of Shalimar and powder bombs in general, this one nearly brought me to tears when I first tried it! Yes, so well done; was totally over the moon to find a modern scent that pays homage to those classics in what I think is an entirely original way. The weight of the scent makes it stand out from the classics- like a sheer veil of incense & flowers (carnation,even!-and a good one). You're right, that aspect of it makes it appropriate for anytime wear. So glad you love it, too!

Please let me know how the parfum is- have only tried EDP & EDT. Both are incredible! Will have to give Daphne a go now, too!

Have topped up my Iris 39. For a brief instant in the opening, this one gives me that grapey-ness mentioned by Quarry. Love!

summer means fireflys

I'm enjoying a day off today too! I went shopping this morning for new cushions for the wicker set on the porch. Didn't find exactly what I wanted, but something that will be ok. I'm wearing Bond High Line, one of my favorite hot weather scents lately.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Hey y'all -

I'm in vintage-70s Private Collection parfum cologne spray for the afternoon. My mother gave me her old (but very well-preserved) bottle this afternoon, saying it's always seemed a bit too "mature" for her, lol! It's been quite a while since I've worn it, and I'm really struck by its resemblance to another floral-green favorite, Vent Vert, but PC is decidedly more "formal" to my nose ...opulent, almost extravagant, definitely denser and much mossier ...not quite as shockingly green and fresh as VV, but just as beautiful.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Just back from the gym . I walk there and back with my yoga mat and other paraphernalia every day . Once someone thought my yoga mat was my sleeping bag and that I was a homeless person . *LOL* Really .
    Very hot and I need to eat .

I've actually a little nuts for Coco Madamoiselle lately so that's my afternoon scent for now .

Blog Entries

Heaven scent1-"Met kumquat and purplebird7 for lunch and sniffing. (Saved my arms for sampling and wore Knowing in my cleavage.) Learned a lot, and have a new love, China Town by Bond #9. Am flirting with Can Can, too.

Sorry, Knit, didn't take the camera this time. Will do when we meet again."

Yes we had a really great time. So much fun, I completely forgot to photograph it! DOH!
    Next time will post some pics.

Blog Entries

In honor of Guy Robert, I'm wearing
    Madame Rochas.

Quarry, glad to hear you have a working computer again.

rtamara, glad to see your words again.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Arabian Wood by Tom Ford.

Io Capri

Encens Flamboyant today on this grey drizzly day.