Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Default Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    I am thinking to buy a perfume for a good male friend's birthday (mid 30s). We are not lovers, so I don't want to buy something too sexy, too erotic... Just want to choose something nice, something different. A niche brand is better than a mainstream brand which he can anywhere. He is very much interested in astrology. Wonder anyone can recommend a perfume suitable for Aquarius man.

    Thanks alot.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    I'm not into astrology, but I used to date an aquarius girl. These people, if they were to be judged by astrological perspecitve, are good friends and very poor lovers. They are somehow cold in character and defensive, conservative and very problematic with expressing feelings. That's about it considering my aquarius experience - lol, I don't even believe in this bull crap.

    Scent for an aquarian guy in my opinion would be then -

    Bvlgari Man
    Bvlgari Pour Homme
    Bvlgari Aqua - dhoooh
    Joop! Nightlight
    Versace Pour Homme
    Versace Dreamer
    Hugo Boss Dark Blue
    Azzaro Chrome
    Azzaro Silver Black
    Carolina Herrera Chic for men
    Lancome Hypnose Homme
    Armani Emporio Armani He
    Kenzo Pour Homme Boise
    Chanel Bleu
    Givenchy Pi Neo

  3. #3

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    For an Aquarian I'd recommend something new and perhaps a little rebellious/provocative. As a Capricorn I can't help you there, I'm afraid.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    One of my best friends is an aquarius male.
    He usually doesn't care much for the fragrances I wear but he really loves Ambre Sultan though.
    His favourite fragrance is Antaeus.

  5. #5
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    FYI - The element associated with Aquarius is air. So maybe Kenzo Air or Kenzo Air Intense.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,675

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male



    Debut by Delrae - Upon application, one is treated to a pleasant plume of vivacious lushness from green leaves along with sweet and fruity ylang-ylang wafting on a winsome cloud of bittersweetness furnished by bergamot and lime. Floating to the floral middle, cool verdancy dominates with the fresh, green lily-of-the-valley, slightly sweet and bitter linden blossom as well as light, semi-sweet cyclamen. Aldehydes enhance the brilliance of the florals; and indoles supply a faint inky underpinning. This alluring pas de trois meanders to the waiting base. Robust vetiver predominates the base with its scent of dried field grass and accompanying clean earth, wonderfully tempered by creamy sandalwood and warm, skin-like musk. An appealing dry down ensues. This airy and distinctive composition has very good longevity and sillage/projection - easy on the trigger is the catchphrase here.

  7. #7
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,838

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    Acqua di Gio
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

    CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

  8. #8

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    These people, if they were to be judged by astrological perspecitve, are good friends and very poor lovers. They are somehow cold in character and defensive, conservative and very problematic with expressing feelings.
    OH LOL, that was me, and im aquarian!!

    I would love to be gifted with a nice bottle of a nice and different fragrance, like Tea for Two or Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

  9. #9
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,058

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    Micallef Jewel for Him

  10. #10

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    OH LOL, that was me, and im aquarian!!

    I would love to be gifted with a nice bottle of a nice and different fragrance, like Tea for Two or Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
    That aquarius girl really stomped my heart, BUT I didn't stay in debt, I stomped over hers too

    she wore Paris Hilton Just Me, an mediocrity of a scent, but then in a certain way, that girl was an excuse for mediocrity too. That's how I see it now, at least, free from her grip

  11. #11

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    Probably depends on your own sign(s). I quite enjoy Aquarian girls, and Libras. The air signs fit me very well, it seems. Now, water signs such as Cancer and Pisces on the other hand can be somewhat difficult and quite vengeful.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    Something nice but not romantic: Infusion d'Homme by Prada; airy, soapy, clean, a slightly detached, cool iris. And the bottle is nice, square and solid glass.


  13. #13

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Probably depends on your own sign(s). I quite enjoy Aquarian girls, and Libras. The air signs fit me very well, it seems. Now, water signs such as Cancer and Pisces on the other hand can be somewhat difficult and quite vengeful.
    Ahm, vengeful aquarian girls are, well this particular one was at least

    I don't believe in astrology per se, albeit there is a certain pattern about ppl born in different times of year whereas in some periods there is less of the sun, more of the sun, more of the moist etc. wich causes hormonal changes and metabolism + different food - so... a lot of things are possible but also quite theoretical.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Ahm, vengeful aquarian girls are, well this particular one was at least

    I don't believe in astrology per se, albeit there is a certain pattern about ppl born in different times of year whereas in some periods there is less of the sun, more of the sun, more of the moist etc. wich causes hormonal changes and metabolism + different food - so... a lot of things are possible but also quite theoretical.
    I see it in a similar way and don't take it very seriously. I did have a flatmate though who was very much into it as he was very much into his Jung, who was very interested in astrology.
    Being born in midwinter or midsummer could have an influence on people, I guess. Then again, not every year is the same and every region is different also.

    Also, as a baby that was born prematurely, I'd also wonder about something, seeing as for 8 months I was basically an Aquarian foetus but then, suddenly, became a Capricorn.

  15. #15
    Super Member aquariuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Third Stone from the Sun
    Posts
    370

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    Just want to choose something nice, something different. A niche brand is better than a mainstream brand which he can anywhere.
    you are right - non-mainstreams would be interesting for aquarius )
    not necessarily aquatics
    maybe 1725 or 1740 from Histoires de Parfums

  16. #16

    Default Re: Perfume gift for Aquarius male

    Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    I see it in a similar way and don't take it very seriously. I did have a flatmate though who was very much into it as he was very much into his Jung, who was very interested in astrology.
    Being born in midwinter or midsummer could have an influence on people, I guess. Then again, not every year is the same and every region is different also.

    Also, as a baby that was born prematurely, I'd also wonder about something, seeing as for 8 months I was basically an Aquarian foetus but then, suddenly, became a Capricorn.
    ah, details, details + that's an interesting thought in fact, mayhaps we should look for when we were concieved razher than born

Similar Threads

  1. gift advice (male in 50s)
    By charliefrown in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13th December 2011, 10:25 AM
  2. Ms Aquarius- Dior Homme Intense
    By Nemesis_04 in forum Internet Shopping and City Shopping Guides
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th October 2011, 01:46 PM
  3. Need a little help - gift suggestion for male friend
    By robyntang in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 9th January 2008, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000