Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: FragranceNet - Really that bad?

I can now give comments on my experience as I recently placed an order from Fragrancenet for the first time as they had a good offer on Bond No.9 New Haarlem and they say this about UK shipping:

"UK shipments, special notice
    *Great Britain orders are dispatched from the UK and delivered via Royal Mail with full tracking information.
    Please allow 4-7 business days for delivery.

*All VAT/Taxes are included in your shipping cost. You will NOT be subject to further VAT/Taxes when your package is delivered."

Just incase any others in the UK are thinking of ordering and wondering how it works here is a timeline of my order:

21st Sept - Placed order. Payed by Paypal. Order went through okay and was given an order number. The Paypal payment status was Pending action by Fragrancenet.
    23rd Sept - Paypal payment status changes to completed and money is taken from my account.
    24th Sept - Get an email saying the product is in the warehouse and will be contacted again when its dispatched.
    28th Sept - Get an email stating my order has been shipped and includes a Royal Mail tracking number. No information is available when I check the tracking status on Royal Mail website.
    29th Sept - Tracking status says they are informed the package will be entering the Royal Mail network (or words to that effect).
    2nd Oct - Tracking status says the package is at the Manchester processing centre.
    3rd Oct - Package arrives.

Exactly as stated there were no charges. There is no customs slip on the package so I'm not sure how they do it. The address label has Team Air Express Ltd, West Drayton, GB as the return address so maybe that is who forwards it for them. Product was packaged properly in a thick plain cardboard box. Product itself is great too and definately legit. So I can say I'm very happy and my only reservation is the delay in shipping once payment was taken although I expect it was actually shipped somewhere around 24th and was just waiting to get to UK and be assigned a tracking number.

Default Re: For those who bought by man on Fragrancenet

I just checked the batch codes for these by man bottles that were purchased at fragrancenet. They were manufactured in 2002, so they are 10 years old. Odd because they still smell very good

Default Re: For those who bought by man on Fragrancenet

It's like fine wine. Cherish each spray of the juice and wear on skin and clothes. It gives a different feel.

wow andy you must be lucky. i placed an order with them on the 2st, and up till now i have not received my item. my account says that item is still in warehouse and is to be dispatched within 48hours. I've contacted them about this problem on the 23rd, and they (shockingly) replied my email saying that it has been dispatched already, just not updated in system.

today is the last day that they asked me to wait until. if they have not replied my latest email by tomorrow, i'll have to call them up. and waste money. all because i wanted to save a few úú. disgusted.

Yes I was a bit sceptical about ordering from them after some of the comments I read on here. That's why I paid with paypal incase I hit any problems with them. They certainly seem to have a communications problem. Did they not give you a tracking number? Their site does state that a tracking number will be given on UK orders.

No mate they didn't. This is their reply to me, when I made a complain on their facebook wall for everyone to see.

"September 22, 2011

Thank you for contacting FragranceNet.com.

In response to your email we sincerely apologize the tracking number is not available. However your package did ship from our warehouse and we ask that you allow 7-14 business days for delivery. Please let us know if you do not receive your package by October 7, 2011.

Please contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.
    FragranceNet.com Customer Service"

Seems they are a bit inconsistant as we both ordered around the same time. Best to contact them tomorrow evening (just to give it chance to arrive tomorrow) and let them know if it hasn't arrived. If they offer to send another out then tell them you want a tracking number this time as their site states so. Alternatively get a refund and buy elsewhere. What did you order from them?

I think I will just get a refund...no point getting stressed up over shipping. I ordered just ú28 worth of 1 frag - Hugh Parsons Blue.

Basenotes Member

Default FragranceNet still selling "vintage" Dior Homme

If anyone is interested I just received my Oct. 5th Fragrancenet purchase of Dior Homme and it is the original/pre-reformulation version....in fact if the date code check is to be believed the bottle was manufactured in 2007.... almost too much of a good thing! I wonder how much of the old stock they have left?

Default Re: FragranceNet still selling "vintage" Dior Homme

My guess is that it will not last very long.

Their revenue in the next few days will grow exponentially after your post. :P

they get bottles from everywhere, it would be virtually impossible for all their bottles to be vintage. Just got lucky.....

I ordered Creed GIT from them before and remembered it taking a long time to arrive, but I eventually got it, smelled the same as what I smelled in Neiman Marcus so I was pretty happy. I am going on a trip and decided I wanted a couple other colognes, so once again I ordered through these guys. I had nearly @ three weeks before leaving, so I thought plenty of time to have it shipped to me and opted for the free shipping. Since I have placed my order (26 November), the package has moved from New York to New Jersey and is looking doubtful that it will get to me before I leave.

If you have time constraints, don't order through these guys (free shipping). I am thinking they do bulk shipping through one company, where your order just sits in a warehouse forever until they fill up the truck and than that truck takes it to another warehouse where once again your order sits until USPS picks it up and gets it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasuad View Post
    If you have time constraints, don't order through these guys (free shipping). I am thinking they do bulk shipping through one company, where your order just sits in a warehouse forever until they fill up the truck and than that truck takes it to another warehouse where once again your order sits until USPS picks it up and gets it to you.
    Good advice. They used to use straight UPS ground. Now I think they use a more cost effective service where UPS partners with USPS to get packages to people, but it seems to take much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Good advice. They used to use straight UPS ground. Now I think they use a more cost effective service where UPS partners with USPS to get packages to people, but it seems to take much longer.
    Yeah, I think regular shipping, your package goes to a truck that is on a time schedule and leaves reguardless of how full it is.

Bulk shipping, your package goes to a wharehouse and sits until they can completely fill a truck going to your distribution point. So if your package gets to a mostly empty lot for your distribution point......it's going to be a while.

My stuff has been sitting in New Jersey since the 28th of Novemeber, "ready for shipping". If they actually truck it from the East coast to the West, I am diffinently not getting this order before I leave. For probably not even $5 more they could have sent it USPS and I would have had it already.

My oh my. I've had three orders from fragerancenet.com in the last couple of weeks.

Numer one went just fine, a whee bit slow. Was for a single bottle of Azzaro so dirt cheap. No worries on this one. Payed for it with either paypal or, most likely, directly with my creditcard on their web page.

Second one is on its way. One bottle of bond9 and one Creed. Payed for it with my creditcard directly on their page. Got an email with a message about the order being pending, and that I had to update them with some contact info for my bank. Went fine, was quick and the order was shipped. Still on it's way, but lets presume for the fun of things it's going to arrive ok.

Third order, now this one went straight down shit creek. Placed the order on their webpage, payed with paypal. This was probably where things went horrbily wrong. This was a $500+ order. Got an email where they told me I had to email them a whole lot of info before calling them up with my cc info and that they couldn't accept creditcards or electronic payments for international orders.

Now, considering this was my third order from them, both previous ones being both international and no phone calls involved, I knew I was being lied to by the customer service rep. I sort of don't really think I should be lied to by customer service when I'm ordering stuff for $500.

Long story short, there is still a $500 pending on my paypal account, but it doesn't look like they'll be withdrawing those funds. Anyway, I cancled the order and I cannot really see myself doing any more shopping there. I don't deal well with being lied to. What a horrible, horrible shop this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyegaard View Post
    Long story short, there is still a $500 pending on my paypal account, but it doesn't look like they'll be withdrawing those funds. Anyway, I cancled the order and I cannot really see myself doing any more shopping there. I don't deal well with being lied to. What a horrible, horrible shop this is.
    You're right. It's not worth it.

It does remind me why I bought my 75ml Aventus retail in norway (one of the most expensive countries in the world do mind) for almost $300. At least it was hassle free ;-).

Blimey... this just getts better and better. As fragerancenet.com haven't accepted my paypal payment, they haven't actually cancled they payment either. They simply haven't accepted it. What this means is that the payment is "pending", the $500 is withdrawn from my creditcard and it will be like that until january the 2th.

That means that my money is held hostage at fragerancenet.com simply because I was stupid enough to try and place an order there with paypal. Something they are utterly unable to handle.

Ironically, I can't open a dispute in paypal since it's pending and I'll have to add $500 extra to the creditcard to avoid having to pay interest on it. While financially not a problem, I just find it amazingly unacceptable.

My experience with them is similar. First two orders were fine, but after that they always left my orders pending until one day when they took the money but didn't send me the fragrances. Almost two months later I got my money back from Paypal and decided I would never buy from them again.

It's situations like these which erode confidence and ultimately cost them customers.

I advise not to do business with these crooks. My international order paid with by credit card was put on hold and with a request that I wire them the money AFTER they already charged the credit card. Nowhere on the site did I see any information about credit cards not being accepted for international orders, yet they gladly let me enter my credit card information and charge it.
    Guess I learned a lesson, and I will in the future happily pay the double price at my local department store.

Default Re: First transactions with FragranceNet.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    I just used paypal this is what I got, insane....

Thank you for your recent FragranceNet.com order.

Unfortunately we cannot accept your PayPal payment. We require payment via electronic transfer of funds for this order.

If you would like to proceed with your order,

Please remit payment to:
    KeyBank, NA
    127 Public Square
    Cleveland, OH 44114
    I was just on the phone with them and got the same response by email. I used PayPal and the cust ser rep said that they could not access the funds from PayPal. WTH? I will check with PayPal first and then go and purchase from Macy*s. They wanted my credit card over the phone and I am NOT doing that! Red flag for me!

Angry Re: Beware Fragrancenet.com

I really should have checked this site about this scam practice going on with fragrancenet. I ordered 2 other items and no difficulty. But as soon as I tried using PayPal - a problem. NOT again.

I requested a refund from Fragrancenet. It's funny that they didn't receive my PayPal funds but I am able to receive a refund. WTH?

I will NEVER ORDER FROM THESE SCUMBAGS AGAIN!!!

Just wanted to post an experience of mine with fragrancenet -- this was 2 years ago and I was pretty new to niche fragrances. A friend had told me to try millisime imperial from creed, so I naturally looked around and saw I could get a lot more scent for a lot less $$ at fragrancenet, so naturally, I ordered it. What came to me was something very, very awful. Smelled like rotten pineapple mixed with stale musk. I told my friend that he was out of his mind if he liked the way this stuff smelled.

Me being a newb at the time -- it didn't click in my head until a few months later when I was at NM and smelled something awesome. It was millisime imperial... How could that be!? Story goes on with the hampster wheel spinning in my head, but you get the idea.

Just now, doing some late x-mas shopping I found myself gravitating towards ordering from them again; and deciding against it.

I figure that if you're going to spend more than a hundo on a frag, you might as well get it from somewhere where you pretty much have a guarantee that it's going to be fresh. And I know I only had one bad experience with them, but for me -- once is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Some basenoters were saying that they also got a free sample of Exceptional... because you are cologne with each order. I don't know if this is still the case, but I believe every basenoter needs to wear this cologne out at least once in their lifetime. Not a bad scent actually.
    To be honest this was the only thing good that came out of my fragrangenet order -- the sample of exceptional. My mom absolutely *loved* it, and to this day it's one of her favorite scents.

just unsubscribed from their emails as well. no point.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Just wanted to post an experience of mine with fragrancenet -- this was 2 years ago and I was pretty new to niche fragrances. A friend had told me to try millisime imperial from creed, so I naturally looked around and saw I could get a lot more scent for a lot less $$ at fragrancenet, so naturally, I ordered it. What came to me was something very, very awful. Smelled like rotten pineapple mixed with stale musk. I told my friend that he was out of his mind if he liked the way this stuff smelled.

Me being a newb at the time -- it didn't click in my head until a few months later when I was at NM and smelled something awesome. It was millisime imperial... How could that be!? Story goes on with the hampster wheel spinning in my head, but you get the idea.

Just now, doing some late x-mas shopping I found myself gravitating towards ordering from them again; and deciding against it.

I figure that if you're going to spend more than a hundo on a frag, you might as well get it from somewhere where you pretty much have a guarantee that it's going to be fresh. And I know I only had one bad experience with them, but for me -- once is enough.

To be honest this was the only thing good that came out of my fragrangenet order -- the sample of exceptional. My mom absolutely *loved* it, and to this day it's one of her favorite scents.
    Ok I did receive their fragrance, Exceptional which is good. But right now I do not like what they tried to pull. In my opinion, they put PayPal on the site to use, but actually don't want to pay their fees, so they tell us our orders are ON HOLD, and then tell you they couldn't receive the PayPal funds. BIG OLD LIE! I called PayPal and they told me what to do. I cancelled my order, am going to get it from Macy*s instead, a reputable company with fresh fragrance, and if I don't receive the funds back to my credit card I will file a PayPal dispute! Too bad because my first order was good with them. But NOW, NOT GOOD AT ALL! SHAME ON FRAGRANCE NET!
    Last edited by hannie5; 21st December 2011 at 08:24 PM.

Ordered the original A*Men from Fragrancenet. Completely legit. I see that a lot of folks not in North America are having a lot of problems, and that's unfortunate. Hope that gets fixed for you guys soon.

Oh I did manage to get one actual order through, and I don't believe I used PayPal in the past. This only happened after I attempted to use PayPal. I am willing to bet it is happening to others. They flat out lied by saying that they didn't receive the funds, when in fact THEY DID. PayPal confirmed this for me as well. If they don't want us to use PayPal then don't have it listed on the site.

Default Re: Fragrancenet - payment delay - upped price due to currency exchange rates

Quote Originally Posted by Tavorna View Post
    Recently I placed an order with fragrancenet, as I was under the impression that they are a very reliably company. I think I should have gone with my gut instinct and just not used them at all from the very beginning. Even their ordering form has a problem for International buyers - when entering your state you may only enter two characters, wheras mine is made up of 3!

That aside, I encountered a problem when I went to send payment. I don't have a credit card at the moment, so I had recently set up my bank account with my Paypal account. I soon discovered that they don't accept Echeques (paying directly from bank account), and so I had to place the money into my Paypal balance which took a week. I sent an email to them notifying them of the delay, and asked if they could make an exception to the echeques thing as this was quite urgent. I also asked them to fix my State in the shipping details. No response.

A week later my money had finally gone into my paypal balance. The order was about $78 AUD and I'd put in $80. It was when I finally went to pay that I had a nasty shock! Apparently I still didn't have enough money in my balance! What the heck was going on?!

What had happened is that despite ordering on the site in AUD, the paypal payment form puts the cost is US dollars. In the week it took me to place my money into my paypal balance, the currency exchange rate between the US and Australian dollar went up, meaning that my order is now $82. I find this completely unfair!! It seems very cruel that I now have to pay more just because I was forced to delay payment. It should stay the exact amount (in Australian dollars) that it was when I placed the order. I've sent an email, and am hoping to hear from them soon.

Thanks for allowing me to let off some steam. Has anyone else ever encountered a similar problem?
    Recently I have ordered to Fragrancenet and I did pay via paypal. Fragrancenet sent me an email to inform me that my order was 'on hold' because they cannot 'make effective' the paypal paument. I have phoned to paypal Help Center and they have told me that no problem. It was FRAGRANCENET who has cancelled payment. I have contacted to Fragrancenet and they send me same automatical email: 'your order is on hold due to ... and if you want you can pay via credit card', but they inform me I cannot do it with a No USA VISA or AMEX credit card.
    ??????

I think the real fact is that I could apply a coupon that now they do not want me to redeem so they cancel my order and do not let me to pay by means everyone can pay online worldwide.

Oh dear.........I just placed an order (I'm not a US customer) using paypal BEFORE reading this.......not looking forward to having to unpick this mess.

I'd just recently resolved to stop ordering internationally as well, after getting hit for some astronomical customs charges. If only I'd stuck to my guns.

Will report back on progress. Currently my order is 'in their warehouse', but they haven't yet accepted the paypal payment - never experienced that before!

Quote Originally Posted by Healer View Post
    I can now give comments on my experience as I recently placed an order from Fragrancenet for the first time as they had a good offer on Bond No.9 New Haarlem and they say this about UK shipping:

"UK shipments, special notice
    *Great Britain orders are dispatched from the UK and delivered via Royal Mail with full tracking information.
    Please allow 4-7 business days for delivery.

*All VAT/Taxes are included in your shipping cost. You will NOT be subject to further VAT/Taxes when your package is delivered."

Just incase any others in the UK are thinking of ordering and wondering how it works here is a timeline of my order:

21st Sept - Placed order. Payed by Paypal. Order went through okay and was given an order number. The Paypal payment status was Pending action by Fragrancenet.
    23rd Sept - Paypal payment status changes to completed and money is taken from my account.
    24th Sept - Get an email saying the product is in the warehouse and will be contacted again when its dispatched.
    28th Sept - Get an email stating my order has been shipped and includes a Royal Mail tracking number. No information is available when I check the tracking status on Royal Mail website.
    29th Sept - Tracking status says they are informed the package will be entering the Royal Mail network (or words to that effect).
    2nd Oct - Tracking status says the package is at the Manchester processing centre.
    3rd Oct - Package arrives.
    This is reassuring as it closely mirrors my situation. Looks like it took a little longer than "4-7 business days" though?

Great product ordered btw ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Davem81 View Post
    This is reassuring as it closely mirrors my situation. Looks like it took a little longer than "4-7 business days" though?

Great product ordered btw ;-)
    I actually ordered another bottle as the last one got used up doing decants. I ordered by Paypal and received before I read about the recent Paypal stories on here. It was a little quicker this time:

Ordered: 30th November
    Payment taken (had to login to Paypal to see this had changed) : 1st December
    Shipped: 3rd December
    Received: 9th December and again very well packaged

Hope it all goes well for you.

....again very well packaged.....
    Well, I've got a package in transit from them too. I certainly hope the packaging has improved because it was pathetic in the past.

The Creed i finally for from them missed the info card but was good. The bond 9 missed some of the packaging, had been sprayed but I cant bother to deal with it. Its full for all intents and purposes.

Horrible shop tho.

I actually ordered another bottle as the last one got used up doing decants. I ordered by Paypal and received before I read about the recent Paypal stories on here. It was a little quicker this time:

Ordered: 30th November
    Payment taken (had to login to Paypal to see this had changed) : 1st December
    Shipped: 3rd December
    Received: 9th December and again very well packaged

Hope it all goes well for you.

I am glad your experience was a good one. I too had a good one....in the past. But unfortunately not now. I have filed a dispute with PayPal explaining the situation. Hopefully it will all get resolved once and for all. I loved the thought of a discount but not with their recent business practice....I was using a coupon as well. Oh well.

I am curious to know if anyone in this thread knows of any "other" perfume discount companies that are actually reliable? I am a little skeptical after all of the junk I have been dealing with lately.

Thanks in advance,

My order is due to arrive tomorrow from FN. It was an order over $200 which I used PayPal to purchase. I also had the order being held, which eventually cleared itself in a days time. Following that, the order was processed and shipped out.

Ordered a replacement for my empty GIT and D&G light blue. Everything I have ordered from them (about 15 bottles) have been in tact and authentic, so I'm hoping the same holds true when I get them tomorrow.

Update:

GIT is in perfect condition, number on back: A3211U01, never been sprayed; same with D&G light blue but I wasn't expecting any issue with that bottle. GIT juice smells perfect, sprays perfect. The 20% coupon on retailmenot.com was a major bonus with this order.

Packaging is their standard; brown grocery bag-type paper, sample of Exceptional and the good old purple compact mirror that everyone I know has been gifted from previous orders lol

Default Fragrancenet

Do they sell fresh and genuine fragrances? thinking about buying from them..

Default Re: Fragrancenet

Buy from them and use our own discount code, BASENOTES

I bought Hanae Mori from them. Hasn't arrived yet. I used a better coupon for 20% off.

tspecp20 or check http://www.retailmenot.com/view/fragrancenet.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsb1996 View Post
    Do they sell fresh and genuine fragrances? thinking about buying from them..
    No need to worry here.

Yup, totally safe to purchase from them; I've used them around 10 times with no problem. And, as mentioned, using the code basenotes gets you a discount, 15% I believe.

A perfectly legitimate site to buy from.

good to hear, thanks for the help

Or see the thread about how horrible they are on this very forum frist.

The goods arr legit, but the shop is horrible.

safe and sound

Dependent

Thanks for the link!

Default Fragrancenet issues??

Hey guys, I just came across a few offers on fragrance net that I found really hard to resist. They had Midnight In Paris 4oz EDP for $45 and Gendarme 4oz for $42. This almost seems too good to be true considering they both retail for a lot higher. I am just wondering if anyone else has has bad experience with these folks or if the juice is too old or fake or whatever... I will post what I find out when I receive my shipment.

Default Re: Fragrancenet issues??

Knock wood - haven't has any bad experience yet.

Tried them out a few weeks back, fast shipping, legit and fresh juice. Enjoy

Not yet. I've ordered over 20 bottles from them and never had a bad experience. In fact, they just sent me a bottle of Heritage last week.

Basenotes Plus

I've ordered from them 6 times or so. Never had a problem
    For Swap
    YSL Body Kouros (3.3oz w/ box) * Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male (2.5oz w/ can) * L'Instant de Guerlain EDT (4.2oz w/ box) (all bottles 90%+)

Looking For (not limited to)
    YSL Live Jazz * Chanel Egoiste

This is the cheapest I've seen MiP EDP. Couldn't resist purchasing a bottle

Thank you for posting, and bringing this to my attention.

Don't forget to look for a code for 15% off. They most always have one. If you don't find one, try VDY24.

Thanks for the comments everyone; I rest in assurance now...

Genuine frags & shipping is good. They don't pack the fragrances very well though so don't use them when you care about the packaging.

Default Fragrancenet testers.. Reliable?

Has anybody ever had any issues with their testers? I just received Creed IM and GIT testers today... But something seems a little off... The GIT label looks a little offset and the sprayers aren't indented in the middle like my Aventus bottle... Should I be worried?

Default Re: Fragrancenet testers.. Reliable?

There's nothing to worry about.