Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default One Man Show Gold Edition????

I need your guys help. I have in recent started collecting more bolder fragrances in my collection. I am thinking of blind buying One man show Gold edition but I already have Lapidus Pour Homme which I love. Is OMSGD different enough to own both or are they way too similair? Also, I have never smelt the Original One man show should I blind buy that instead? I have no stores where I live that carry these so I will have to order online. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One Man Show Gold Edition????

Really interested in the answers as I have been asking myself the same question.
    As for the original it is an excellent fragrance, although it took me a while to appreciate its awesomeness. You simply cant afford to miss out on this experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanna know how Gold differs fom the regular One Man Show.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe OMS and the Gold Edition are two totally different scents. I own the original and have not tested the Gold Edition. The original has no similarities with Lapidus.

Honestly this one has me really intrigued. Not that it is a huge amount of money, but I still don't want to waste my money on it if it is no good. I am not a huge fan of "older man" scents and tend to go more towards more contemporary fragrances. Escada PH is my most "old" fragrance, and while it is good, doesn't get that much wear.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

One Man Show Gold is very different from the regular One Man Show (they have just a slight similarity in the backgourd, very subtle resemblance).

One Man Show Gold is indeed similar to Lapidus but not exactly the same. While Lapidus is more of a pineaple fruity with a classical structure One Man Show Gold is more of baked apples and clove, with a more modern structure.
    Also, One Man Show Gold is much stronger.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got rid of my OMS Gold Edition after 2 sprays. IMO not worth it...cheaply made and cheap smelling.

IMO if Lapidus works for you then no need to get it. If you have $25 burning a hole in your pocket then go ahead and purchase it off fragrance.net with a 15% off coupon.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are different enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Is OMSGD different enough to own both or are they way too similair?
    Different enough to own a bottle IMO, and can be found for a pittance brand new online.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    One Man Show Gold is very different from the regular One Man Show (they have just a slight similarity in the backgourd, very subtle resemblance).

One Man Show Gold is indeed similar to Lapidus but not exactly the same. While Lapidus is more of a pineaple fruity with a classical structure One Man Show Gold is more of baked apples and clove, with a more modern structure.
    Also, One Man Show Gold is much stronger.
    My Gosh OMSGE stronger than Lapidus???? I may have to buy it for that fact alone lol no serious it must be nuclear if its stronger than Lapidus because lapidus last atleast 10+ hrs on me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Different enough to own a bottle IMO, and can be found for a pittance brand new online.
    Thank you Hednic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I just got rid of my OMS Gold Edition after 2 sprays. IMO not worth it...cheaply made and cheap smelling.

IMO if Lapidus works for you then no need to get it. If you have $25 burning a hole in your pocket then go ahead and purchase it off fragrance.net with a 15% off coupon.
    Thanks a bunch TMS. You still enjoying wearing Giorgio by beverly hills?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a bunch TMS. You still enjoying wearing Giorgio by beverly hills?
    I gave up due to batch variations. At the moment Leather Oud by Dior Knize 10 Boucheron Pour Homme EDP and Chanel No.19 are my new "it" fragrances. All quality fragrances.

Good luck with OMS GE.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wondering the same thing for a while now.. I want to blind buy Lapidus and OMS Gold... I just wouldn't want them to smell "dated" or "old man-ish". I don't find many things dated though. So far the only "dated" thing I have smelled are the original OMS and Polo Green. I don't find Sung Homme, Paco Rabanne and Brut dated at all, while others do, so I guess my tastes are weird.

OMS Gold is very sparkling fruity against a bold fourge base. It is very different to Lapidus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I gave up due to batch variations. At the moment Leather Oud by Dior Knize 10 Boucheron Pour Homme EDP and Chanel No.19 are my new "it" fragrances. All quality fragrances.

Good luck with OMS GE.
    I know it's frustrating cause you never know which one you will get. On a side note I picked up a big bottle of Giorgio the other day and before I bought it I checked the batch code to make sure it was current and it was made march of this year and its goooddd lol. I believe all batches made from the end of 2010 to present is the good juice we come to love and know. Thanks for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing for a while now.. I want to blind buy Lapidus and OMS Gold... I just wouldn't want them to smell "dated" or "old man-ish". I don't find many things dated though. So far the only "dated" thing I have smelled are the original OMS and Polo Green. I don't find Sung Homme, Paco Rabanne and Brut dated at all, while others do, so I guess my tastes are weird.
    I blind bought Lapidus and I am so glad I did. I got a compliment on it the first time I wore it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys I decided to go ahead and take a risk and blind buy One man show Gold edition. As of yesterday I bought it from an online retailer and will check back in and let you know what I think.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried today UMSGE is strong enough but definitely not as ted. I sprayed a few hours but already I feel diminished, while on the other hand I sprayed kouros and is still powerful ... but the similarity ted there, surely the pineapple is only ted in a few days I shall return this topic
    Tano

Post Thanks / Like

OMSGE is nothing like regular OMS. OMS is herbal, whereas OMSGE has a spicy fruit thing going. I saw it described somewhere as sort of apple with some clove added, and I would say that describes it pretty closely. It is strong, but not the crazy, overpowering monster some have claimed. At least not on me. Longevity is good but not insane.
    One guy who's reviewed alot of frags called this "thermonuclear" and "by far the strongest frag" in his wardrobe. I definitely don't go that far. I've got at least a couple of powerhouses I think are stronger and longer lasting, like VC&A PH and Sung Homme.
    And as I told someone, this is one powerhouse with a pretty nice scent that I could see females liking well enough. Certainly not objectionable in any way, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Think of the Gold Edition as an updated version of Lapidus for men: for "updated" I mean notes similar to the ones found in 1M. However, in this case, they dont bother me. Huge longevity, huge projection. Handle with care.

- - - Updated - - -

Think of the Gold Edition as an updated version of Lapidus for men: for "updated" I mean notes similar to the ones found in 1M. However, in this case, they dont bother me. Huge longevity, huge projection. Handle with care.