Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Fragrance: Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue

From nstperfume.com:

Atelier Cologne has launched Ambre Nue, the line’s seventh fragrance:

We were staying in the mountains when we met them. She told us about a mysterious flower. He told us where we might find it. The next morning, near the top of the crest, in a moment, a scent seduced us. It was so unexpected and magical: A single flower capturing the wildest ambery bouquet.

The notes feature green mandarin, bergamot, tajete, orchid nigritella rubra, cinnamon, benzoin, labdanum, patchouli and tonka bean.

Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue is available in 30 or 200 ml Cologne Absolue ($70 / $185); the larger size can be found now at Luckyscent in the US.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue

Good news. Will be adding this one to my collection in the near future.

Couple interesting notes there, hopefully it's better than that god awful vanilla they released. Anyone know the concentration of the juice? Reason I ask is because the price is a tad higher than the rest of them.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Couple interesting notes there, hopefully it's better than that god awful vanilla they released.
    I hope so too. The vanilla one was one of the worst fragrances I have sampled in recent memory.

Although I have not found any of them worth purchasing.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

The notes feature green mandarin, bergamot, tajete, orchid nigritella rubra, cinnamon, benzoin, labdanum, patchouli and tonka bean.

tajete=tagete=marigold. Maybe you all knew that, but I didn't

Post Thanks / Like

This house has been an insult to my nose. I won't even waste my money on a sample.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I love marigold! I have a little bottle of absolute and it's very green, polleny and sappy. Boss Sport uses an amazing marigold note. Can't wait to try this. I hope the "amber" isn't too heavy.

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info Joe.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

So is it an amber scent? Or a floral?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Sounds a bit like your run-of-the-mill amber, not sure about this nigritella rubra orchid note though.

Love tajete, especially in the original Montana perfume.

I'll eventually have to try this one, as I'm a bit of an amber freak.

Thanks for the tip, Joe.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 12th January 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This house is so hit and miss...I'm sure I'll get a sample at some point... If anybody gets their nose on this soon, post your impressions if you have the time/desire.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Sounds a bit like your run-of-the-mill amber, not sure about this nigritella rubra orchid note though.
    I agree ... thanks for the info Joe ...

Post Thanks / Like

Requested a sample of this, along with Profumi del Forte's Ambra Mediterraneo with my recent LuckyScent order. I'm absolutely horrible at describing scents, but I'll do my bestest to report back when they arrive.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Post Thanks / Like

I got a decant of it and after having worn it for a couple of hours I am slightly disappointed. On me it is mostly about the green mandarin. It provides a sparkling opening and goes on to completely crush all the other notes. Some dry florals make an appearance, but are soon gone as the mandarin turns slightly acrid. Then the background notes manage to sweeten the citrus a little, but they don't leave much of an impression.

Atelier Cologne is usually good at making citrus scents, but this feels too one-dimensional. Maybe it's my skin, or maybe the fragrance needs heat to bloom. I'm not giving up hope and will try it again in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen this at a well stocked Neiman Marcus with the others in the line?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I went to the shop in New York today after meaning to go in for ages. The sales assistant was really nice, and explained the philosophy of the brand (all natural ingredients, eco-farming, fair share, etc.) and could describe all of the notes really well. Unfortunately, all of the things I smelled left me non-plussed. As a wood/oriental fan, particularly those slated for men, I was so excited to try Ambre Nue. It was so disappointing! The SA tried to convince me that I wasn't giving it enough time, that I needed to really let it sit on my skin before it could evolve, all which I knew already. I can tell within the first top notes whether or not something will rock my world, and his condescending attitude did nothing to make it any better.

I've found all of my experiences with "natural" perfumes to be super disappointing. Aftelier, Strange Invisible, Science of Scent...I have tested all of these brands and as much as I admire what they are doing, I can't bear to be around any of their perfumes. It's driving me crazy! Anyone else out there have the same experience?
    Read my blog: MadPerfumista.com

One of the real tests of writers, especially poets, is how well they write about smells. If they can't describe the scent of sanctity in a church, can you trust them to describe the suburbs of the heart? -Diane Ackerman

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I went to the shop in New York today after meaning to go in for ages. The sales assistant was really nice, and explained the philosophy of the brand (all natural ingredients, eco-farming, fair share, etc.) and could describe all of the notes really well. Unfortunately, all of the things I smelled left me non-plussed. As a wood/oriental fan, particularly those slated for men, I was so excited to try Ambre Nue. It was so disappointing! The SA tried to convince me that I wasn't giving it enough time, that I needed to really let it sit on my skin before it could evolve, all which I knew already. I can tell within the first top notes whether or not something will rock my world, and his condescending attitude did nothing to make it any better.

I've found all of my experiences with "natural" perfumes to be super disappointing. Aftelier, Strange Invisible, Science of Scent...I have tested all of these brands and as much as I admire what they are doing, I can't bear to be around any of their perfumes. It's driving me crazy! Anyone else out there have the same experience?
    Read my blog: MadPerfumista.com

One of the real tests of writers, especially poets, is how well they write about smells. If they can't describe the scent of sanctity in a church, can you trust them to describe the suburbs of the heart? -Diane Ackerman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by katchan View Post
    As a wood/oriental fan, particularly those slated for men, I was so excited to try Ambre Nue.
    I've found all of my experiences with "natural" perfumes to be super disappointing. Aftelier, Strange Invisible, Science of Scent...
    I think you're confused with the brand names: Aftelier is Mandy Aftel's natural fragrance brand. Atelier Cologne is a completely different brand, not really natural. "Ambre Nue" is by Atelier Cologne. And based on the philosophy the sales assistant explained to you, it sounds like he didn't know what brand he was talking about!

http://www.aftelier.com/

http://www.ateliercologne.com/
    Last edited by Mikael; 4th February 2012 at 04:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Mikael is spot on. I was thinking the exact same thing.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Post Thanks / Like

I like the company, the people in charge and their staff at the soho shop so much. They are lovely. Trefle Pur is one of my go to scents. I carry it around with me.

I first sniffed this scent at a different shop, and thought it was lovely. As I was wearing 47 other scents I didn't try it on. I planned to get myself a sample as soon as possible. In fact I ended up with more than one sample, so I brought the other to work and offered it to which ever co-worker wanted it.

Sadly, when I came into work several days later she was wearing a scent that I hated. A really strong scent I hated. I was really disappointed to find out that it was Ambre Nue.

Of course, it's possible it just interacted badly with her chemistry.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the store this weekend also. Ambre Rue is the longest lasting of the ones I sampled. barry, the associate, was so helpful and knowledgeable. Kinda one dimensional, but wife liked it. Alas, she liked Bois Blond and Vetiver Fatale even better, so I got the 200ml of Bois blond and as my freebie, the Vetiver Fatale

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    This house has been an insult to my nose. I won't even waste my money on a sample.
    About the same here. Except that I've received a bunch of samples free, that is in change for some wine