Code of Conduct

Default Tom Ford Black Orchid

Hello all! Newbie here. I got a sample of B.O. from the TPC the other day. At first I was immediately in love with this frag. But within 10 mins or less it almost completely disappeared on me. Later in the day I put another layer on and again the same thing. Even after I dropped most of the 1ml sample on my jeans (darn carpal tunnel) you still couldn't really smell it. I read in the reviews that this scent is supposed to be strong. TPC site says that it is a edp. Is this my chemistry or a bad sample? Thoughts?

Default Re: Tom Ford Black Orchid

It might be too much, giving you nose fatigue and causing the fragrance to ''disappear''.

Ask those around you if they smell it... It's potent juice.

I did just that, should have mentioned it. I asked 3 people and they all said it was hardly there and this was after I spilled most of it on myself. Thanks for the response.

Just chalk it up to chemistry I guess! I have this with Noir de Noir, a favorite fragrance that just... vanishes.

Might be a dodgy sample, my wife has this fragrance and boy is it strong. If your body chem was losing the smell your jeans wont and will make ya laundry basket smell great by the morning. If not it could be
    a dodgy lot.

I didn't even think about it that way Mr marc. My jeans should have kept the scent as well. Perhaps I will get another sample somewhere else. I really liked what I smelled in the opening.

Sugandaraja-that is next on my list to sample! Oh no

There are some very dilute samples availible on line. Maybe get one from another source, as it is a long lasting frag with some beautiful lingering notes. Very yummy

Quote Originally Posted by dicegrrl View Post
    Hello all! Newbie here. I got a sample of B.O. from the TPC the other day. At first I was immediately in love with this frag. But within 10 mins or less it almost completely disappeared on me. Later in the day I put another layer on and again the same thing. Even after I dropped most of the 1ml sample on my jeans (darn carpal tunnel) you still couldn't really smell it. I read in the reviews that this scent is supposed to be strong. TPC site says that it is a edp. Is this my chemistry or a bad sample? Thoughts?
    I know for certain that BO has a lot of projection and sillage. I used up 2 bottles of it and when I finally got bored of it a friend of my adopted it as his signature scent.

What Im getting at is this feeling (yet to be proven) that sometimes decants (not samples) don't smell like the real thing.
    I've had this happen to me several times now.

for swap/sale:

All I get from BO is the cucumber note. Really I just keep smelling cucumber, no thanks I do not want to smell like one.
    DONNA

Thank you for the info Hedonist. Something to keep in the back of my mind when buying decants. I will try to find another sample of this. I really think I will like it a lot.

Hi! I'm an employee of TPC and it recently came to our attention that we had received and were decanting from a bad bottle of Tom Ford Black Orchid that smelled of rubbing alcohol and not much more. We have no idea how this happened, as it was an original bottle purchased from a reputable source and did not appear to have been tampered with in any way. Nonetheless, we are completely appalled and will be happy to replace your sample from our new bottle which has been rigorously tested for integrity. Rest assured, the offensive bottle of bad juice has been thoroughly chastised and destroyed.

Please send me a private message with your order number and I will process your replacement right away.

Ah. Mystery solved. I hope dicegrrl sees this post and requests a new sample. I can't imagine not being able to smell Black Orchid!

Yes I did see this! Thank you for reaching out to me and offering to correct the problem. Mistakes happen, not the end of the world. Wonderful service.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Basenotes Dicegrrl! So glad you got your problem resolved.

2 thumbs up for The Perfumed Court!!!

Yes I did see this! Thank you for reaching out to me and offering to correct the problem. Mistakes happen, not the end of the world. Wonderful service.
    Glad I could help!

Welcome, dicegrrl! That is amazing customer service. Nice work, thismamadances!

I've ordered from TPC many times, never a problem of any sort. So glad to see the happy result of this thread!
    The nose wants what it wants!

My replacement sample arrived today! Definitely not a bad sample! The juice is wonderful. Very strong and delicious. I'm so glad I was able to get another sample of this scent. Many thanks to TPC for having such wonderful service and follow through! Many thanks to all the BNers who helped me figure this out. What a great community.

Blog Entries

l love a happy ending! Black Orchid is a wonderful scent; l'm so glad you are able to enjoy it at last.
    And well done TPC on such fab customer service!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Nice work, thismamadances!

I've ordered from TPC many times, never a problem of any sort. So glad to see the happy result of this thread!
    Awesome! +1!
    Looking For - Guerlain Spiritueuese Double Vanille (full bottle, partial bottle, decant, anything), Profumum Roma Vanitas & Dulcis in Fundo, Farmacia SS Annunziata Cara

Basenotes Member

repeat post.....
    Looking For - Guerlain Spiritueuese Double Vanille (full bottle, partial bottle, decant, anything), Profumum Roma Vanitas & Dulcis in Fundo, Farmacia SS Annunziata Cara