Code of Conduct

Default Núvol di Llimona / Lemon Cloud by Roca Perfums, what do you think?

Núvol di Llimona was developed by pastry chef Jordi Roca of the renowned restaurant Cellar de Can Roca. It started as a dessert, and together with perfumer Agustí Vidal it has been made into a perfume meant to capture "a lemon muffin soaked in milk”.

Notes from LuckyScent: bergamot, tangerine, lily of the valley, milk, custard, sugar syrup, toasted sugar, musk.

A clip of chef Roca making the dessert, it starts at 1.06. Watch closely, at the end you can see him misting the finished dessert with the perfume.

I got my bottle today. And the bottle is nice, clearly inspired by an egg, in shape, colour and size.

The scent has a sparkling lemon opening, fantastically realistic but gone in a flash. The heart feels "cold" and airy, I get the lemon (still quite bright) and milk, though musk is getting through more and more.

30 minutes in, the musk and milk/custard have the upper hand now. It's soft, only slightly foody, not really sweet. I still get the scent of cold air, it's like that whiff you get when you open a new refrigerator.

It's an interesting scent, not sure I would recommend it to a citrus lover, since the lemon seems to drown midway.
    Last edited by furrypine; 12th January 2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: added picture

Default Re: Núvol di Llimona / Lemon Cloud by Roca Perfums, what do you think?

that's a VERY good summation. seemed to have really good potential but fell flat after that fantastic opening act.
    i think it was the attempt @ milk / custard that killed it for me.

Blog Entries

l saw this dessert being made on a recent episode of the British TV show Masterchef, & was fascinated by the addition of perfume to food. The dessert looked beautiful & delicious, too! l see Luckyscent are now carrying this one, & feel compelled to add it to my next sample order. l'm unlikely to ever be able to visit the restaurant in person, so sniffing the perfume will have to do! lt sounds like a perfect summer comfort scent.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Intense Tiare by Montale

Well, if you don't like the perfume, at least you can drink it...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Well, if you don't like the perfume, at least you can drink it...
    Spray it on some ice cream and report back!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l saw this dessert being made on a recent episode of the British TV show Masterchef, & was fascinated by the addition of perfume to food. The dessert looked beautiful & delicious, too! l see Luckyscent are now carrying this one, & feel compelled to add it to my next sample order. l'm unlikely to ever be able to visit the restaurant in person, so sniffing the perfume will have to do! lt sounds like a perfect summer comfort scent.
    I saw it too. Wasn't it so entertaining? I'm certainly visiting there when I get a chance.
    for swap/sale:

Basenotes Institution

I have been quietly obsessing over this scent ever since I heard about it - I really want to smell it.

Anyone smelled it yet?
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have been quietly obsessing over this scent ever since I heard about it - I really want to smell it.

Anyone smelled it yet?
    yes - those posting the1st two in this thread. it REALLY is that thin & fleeting & not worth the money.
    good concept, maybe next time or an edp possibly.
    Last edited by SoGent; 19th January 2012 at 01:04 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Cool, thanks SoGent
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle