Code of Conduct

Default Light winter scents?

In the cooler days of fall and summer I enjoy wearing curve in the daytime, but when its cold in the winter, not so much.

what kind of scents out there are suitable for winter day wear without being overly sweet or dominant?

I think something along the lines of armani code though that one can be overpowering as well.

I've heard that cavalli black compares well to code but have never smelled it can anyone compare the two or throw another name out there?

Default Re: Light winter scents?

I like to wear Chanel Pour Monsieur in cold weather, I think it's a little reserved while cutting enough

Just wear less of whatever you wear every other day. I dont choose a frag based on the temp outside or the time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Just wear less of whatever you wear every other day. I dont choose a frag based on the temp outside or the time of year.
    fair enough
    in my experiences any amount of certain fragrances just don't work for warmer weather
    for example the versace dreamer--absolutely terrible to me when its above 40 degrees, but shines in cold weather.

Do you like modern leather scents with a hint of a retro vibe? Here are a couple of very nice lighter ones, which do well in cool (or any) weather:

L'Essence de Cerutti
    Ferrari Uomo

Check out the reviews in the fragrance directory.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 12th January 2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

I think Burberry Brit is a nice winter scent, along the lines of Armani Code, that's not overpowering. Also for a different vibe, I actually really enjoy Mugler's Ice*Men in the winter. I know it's marketed as a summer fragrance, but the nutmeg (iced coffee note), and mentholated patchouli work well year round and can actually be very refreshing in winter. It's basically a stripped down, cleaner, non gourmand A* Men.

Bvlgari black. Smoky. Rubbery. Light. If you like it but feel it lacking , then approach Patchouli 25.

Noble Vetiver and Noble Cedre by Chopard. Woody scents. Engulfing.

for swap/sale:

Burberry London

L'Occitane - Eau de Baux

L'Eau D'Issey. It's one I only wear when really cold out, and it is a good counterpoint to all the heavy, darker scents I normally wear during winter. The sharp citrus work well in frigid temps, and I find it invigorating.

Rochas Man is very very light and good for winter

Gucci Pour Homme 2 or Boss Bottled are the two I grab for the daytime cooler weather.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I think Burberry Brit is a nice winter scent, along the lines of Armani Code, that's not overpowering.
    Brit is wonderful. Brother London is a nice choice to.

Bvlgari Black or even CDG Kyoto. The CDG would be fantastic if it only projected more and lasted longer. It seems right up your alley.

Yes, london is an excellent choice how could I forget about that! it almost like a summer "green" made for the winter to me..
    anyway has anyone owned cavalli black on here? it seems very hard to find and from what I understand is a more sophisticated armani black code?

i love bulgari black for these times. Also Ormonde Jayne Man.