Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro Elixir Bois Precieux / Pour Homme Elixir (need opinions!)

Well my Azzaro pour Homme Elixir Bois Precieux just arrived in the mail. Bottle is absolutely freakin' gorgeous and I would have paid the extra over the regular Elixir just for that happily, but despite that some have said these are the same fragrance, simply in different bottles, I am not entirely convinced and would like to clear up my confusion. In fairness I haven't smelled the normal Elixir but I've been wearing Bois Precieux to bed the last few days. I've seen different notes listed as well. Top notes: tangerine, lemon, bergamot, pear and cassis, Heart: spices, geranium and lavender, Base: tonka, coumarin, benzoin, labdanum, vanilla and moss compared to Elixir's bergamot, lavender, geranium, oak moss, cumarine, tonka, vanilla, benzoin, mandarin, lemon, pear, black currant and labdanum. Simmilar yes, but different all the same.

Moreover I've seen Elixir compared to Xeryous Rouge and my Elixir Bois Precieux is in no way comparable to Xeryus Rouge. A different sort of animal entirely.

As for my general impressions, if anyone is interested, it depends on how far the scent is projecting. Close to the skin I get a fairly rough, spicey concoction which is interesting but nothing to write home about, but if I let the wafts drift up to my nose from the chest, wrist or lower then this is divine, balmy, sweet, spicey and luciously smooth, seriously addictive and if you like sweet fragrances likely to knock you for six. The wafts smell SO good it's hard to stop myself from chasing after the smell and putting nose-to-wrist, but of course in doing so I simply don't get the same experience. This doesn't seem to work close to the skin. Projection is great. Longevity passable.

As for Azzaro's assertion that this is (snerk) 'an ideal weapon for irresistible seducers,' I must differ, although as I'm not an irresistable seducer perhaps you should take this with a grain of salt. This isn't a romantic/personal scent. It's not going to impress anyone at close quarters. Someone on the other side of a table? Well they'll be getting the fun part, assuming they enjoy sweet, smooth fragrances with a little spice. My wife was very fond of the sillage for example, but when I gave her my wrist she made a face. She was convinced I had two fragrances on (one on the wrist and a little spray of some secret, magic thing hidden cunningly elsewhere) and was trying to trick her.

All in all I'm impressed. I forsee compliments. In a way this reminds me of 1 million, in that sense, only it's not hell to wear.

Default Re: Azzaro Elixir Bois Precieux / Pour Homme Elixir (need opinions!)

I am inclined to believe that they are two completely different scents.

I personally don't find the regular Elixir at all similar to Xeryus Rouge. I really hate Xeryus Rouge, whereas I adore Elixir.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

I personally don't find the regular Elixir at all similar to Xeryus Rouge. I really hate Xeryus Rouge, whereas I adore Elixir.
    Interesting. How would you compare it to my observations of Elixir BP? Does it do the same trick, smelling much more refined and pleasant via sillage than close to the skin?

Different to me

Overcome By Fumes

I've only tried the Elixir. I found the opening to be kinda spicy and interesting but it seemed to fade into a more bland melange after about 30 minutes, and it just wasn't enough for me, although some pleasantness remained for a couple hours.