Code of Conduct
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Default Ordered Santal Noble, Received Ambre Precieux.

Never smelled either one... exchange it?

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Default Re: Ordered Santal Noble, Received Ambre Precieux.

I wasn't fussed on Santal Noble. Ambre Precieux is supposed to be an epic Amber scent. Can you try it before you send it back?

Have both and really like both. Hope you have positive feelings for the one you got. It's one of MPG best IMO and I have their entire line.

This is kind of ironic. I just ordered Santal Noble about a week ago, and also ordered Ambre Precieux.
    I received it today and wore it as my SOTD. It was a blind buy, and one that I regret sadly
    It is a little too feminine for my tastes, and quite frankly, it reminds me a lot of Caron Pour Un Homme,
    a fragrance I don't care much for either. So, I just put my bottle of Ambre Precieux up for sale here on the forum if anyone is interested.

It's a fine fragrance, just not my cup of tea.

I couldn't be happier with Santal Noble, however.

what does this amber do to stand out from the 37 other ambers I have?

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Can you try it before you send it back?
    I probably could since it's their mistake, but that's not really my style. Even if I keep it I'll e-mail them so they can correct their stock levels.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Santal Noble is stellar, even the new formulation. Try it for a couple days Puddle. Im waiting on an Ambre Precieux sample but am pretty sure i will like it although I have never heard it being referred to PuH.

the Santal reform talk is what makes me want to consider keeping Ambre. not having smelled either one Ambre seems like a safer bet, especially when you consider the fact that basenotes as a whole raves about some really subpar scents (Black Aoud, Straight to Heaven, New Haarlem, Tuscan Leather, Ambre Sultan, Pure Malt, Pure Havane, Pure Coffee, Musc Ravageur, Tonka Imperiale, M, M7, Tabac Blond, Green Irish Tweed, A*Men, Le Male, All Amouage, All Bond 9, etc).

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Well if you like sandalwood then you will like SN. So you have 37 other amber scents why do you need AP ?

i like ap but did not like sn

Keep it, sell the other 37 amber scents

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    So you have 37 other amber scents why do you need AP ?
    I don't "need" it, nor did I want it, they sent it to me. I just threw out a random number, seems like so many things have a amber/vanilla drydown in my collection.

Now that my meds are kicking in I feel like opening it. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise as I sorta had buyers remorse as soon as I ordered Santal blind.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

eewww, this opening is a little weird. old school feeling in a way. UGLY bottle, appears to have leaked but not much, maybe 3-5 mls.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

It's not my favorite amber... weird butter note.

I find the bottle kinda cool. ^^ Just hate that they're all identical and one has to flip the bottle to find out what it is.

Gotta love that 80's sprayer design lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    eewww, this opening is a little weird. old school feeling in a way. UGLY bottle, appears to have leaked but not much, maybe 3-5 mls.
    I actually like it a lot better than Santal Noble. I don't get any butter note at all. This is the best amber fragrance I have tried. I am still waiting on a sample of Ambre Sultan and Amber Absolute as well as Ambre 114.

what is with all the niche bottles leaking lately? if my Invasion Barbare shows up leaking heads are gonna roll!

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Puddle.

Both are stellar in thier respective genres.

I have vintage Santal Noble and have smelled the current formulation. If i did not havw e vintage I'd still happily get the curent. No significant change or to put it differently, the current is excellent on it's own without needing to be compared to the vintage. I describe SN as regal.

AP is very good but not my style. I much prefer Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterrena but AP is excellent nonetheless.
    I have stolen SotDs of it from my sister.

If you intended on buying SN then you should send it back but since you already opened it , you can decide whether AP is worth keeping. But ultimately, if you like sandalwood , yiu should acquire Santal Noble.

I'm wearing N'Aimez Que Moi right now. I'm 3 hours into it. The sandalwood accord is now overpowering the rose accord and i am very much in euphoric bliss. But the sandalwood in Santal Noble, or the rendition of it is very different than the one in N'AQM and different from Tam Dao too. They should've staples in the sandalwood connoisseur's wardrobe.

Which sandalwood perfumes appeal to you?

In regards to the leak. Yes MPeG leak in transit. I've bought 4 vintage MPeGs online and 3 came leaking. One was really bad. I lost 25ml of vintage Santal Noble ((((((((((((((((((((( !!!!!!!

So yes they're notorious for leaking. Premature ejaculation I suspect.

for swap/sale:

Now that my meds are kicking in...
    That explains everything...

Seriously, you're in the perfect position - wrong fragrance, leaking bottle, an indirect sampling of the juice... If you still want to change it after all this, go ahead. However, those leaking MPeG bottles would be a long-term concern for me.

Basenotes Institution

I've never liked Ambre Precieux or Santal Noble (and yes, I've smelled both vintage and new)
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'm a big fan of Ambre Precieux, but I can see your reservations about the opening. It's very strange at first...you can't tell if it's chemically, feminine, or really what the notes are. But it was one that grew on me quickly, and I kept coming back to it because it was so hard for me to put my finger on it at first. Now I love it, wouldn't take any other amber scent over it.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Puddle.

Both are stellar in thier respective genres.

I have vintage Santal Noble and have smelled the current formulation. If i did not havw e vintage I'd still happily get the curent. No significant change or to put it differently, the current is excellent on it's own without needing to be compared to the vintage. I describe SN as regal.

AP is very good but not my style. I much prefer Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterrena but AP is excellent nonetheless.
    I have stolen SotDs of it from my sister.

If you intended on buying SN then you should send it back but since you already opened it , you can decide whether AP is worth keeping. But ultimately, if you like sandalwood , yiu should acquire Santal Noble.

I'm wearing N'Aimez Que Moi right now. I'm 3 hours into it. The sandalwood accord is now overpowering the rose accord and i am very much in euphoric bliss. But the sandalwood in Santal Noble, or the rendition of it is very different than the one in N'AQM and different from Tam Dao too. They should've staples in the sandalwood connoisseur's wardrobe.

Which sandalwood perfumes appeal to you?

In regards to the leak. Yes MPeG leak in transit. I've bought 4 vintage MPeGs online and 3 came leaking. One was really bad. I lost 25ml of vintage Santal Noble ((((((((((((((((((((( !!!!!!!

I was fine with keeping their mistake, but once I found that it's a leaking bottle I decided to email them about it. I didn't get an actual response to my questions, just a email with a printable return label. Only problem is the label says I'm returning Santal Noble.

I predict this not ending well.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    That explains everything...
    Hey! Pain meds not crazy meds.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Can to mention where you ordered this from?

I prefer Santal Noble of the two. Ambre Precieux buttery and powdery, not bottle worthy to me.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N 2

what does this amber do to stand out from the 37 other ambers I have?
    It's a VERY classic amber. All you can ask to this type of fragrance is to be well balanced and made out of top quality ingredients. If you're fine with straight forward, "no-surprise" and full-bodied ambers, there's nothing better than AP on the market...

That being said, if you ordered Santal Noble (which is great), you should have received Santal Noble...return Ambre Precieux.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    That being said, if you ordered Santal Noble (which is great), you should have received Santal Noble...return Ambre Precieux.
    I guess we'll see what they do, I bet they botch the return as well. I don't care which one they resend me, SN would be nice since that's what I ordered, I just know I don't want another leaking bottle.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

of the few MPG's I've smelled, I got the impression that they're dense and require multiple wearings to feel through all the layers. I don't think they're anything for a beginner's nose, sort of like, say, a Lutens. IMO they require patience and understanding and my feeling was that they are to be respected, even if ultimately not liked.

I've tested probably 4-5 at least, ended up with Racine but found the experience of AP, SN (both old and new), and particularly the Route de Vetiver worth trying, though many were quite 'dirty' and a bit off-putting, or at least they were unexpected.

I don't think there will be too many surprises in AP, but it's an accurate, well made, dense amber. I don't remember anything unusual about it, just that it smelled like a good quality predictable amber, though coming from TF-AA I found it too heavy on the vanilla.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I guess we'll see what they do, I bet they botch the return as well. I don't care which one they resend me, SN would be nice since that's what I ordered, I just know I don't want another leaking bottle.

It's been over two weeks since I sent it back. I have not heard anything from them.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

It's been over two weeks since I sent it back. I have not heard anything from them.
    they finally got back to me via e-mail, said it takes 14 business days to process returns. it's now been 15 business days (21 days total) and I still have no idea what's going on with my return.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Can to mention where you ordered this from?
    I don't mind trashing them at this point. Fragrancenet.com are scammers in my book.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

what is with all the niche bottles leaking lately? if my Invasion Barbare shows up leaking heads are gonna roll!
    My bottle of Santal Noble leaked so badly that the box disintegrated once the cellophane wrapping was taken off!

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Possibly explains why the red plastic jewel of the bottle had melted and lay detached and exhausted on the bottom of the box!

(Hey, Puddle. Sorry to hear about your being taken to the Vet...hope they grow back. Always look for your posts and the head-butts!)
    Last edited by Fhaoilgeal; 6th February 2012 at 01:06 PM.
    interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art. - Susan Sontag

I don't mind trashing them at this point. Fragrancenet.com are scammers in my book.
    Sorry to hear they're not looking after you PM, hopefully it'll get sorted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
    My bottle of Santal Noble leaked so badly that the box disintegrated once the cellophane wrapping was taken off!
    There are two reasons why MPGs haven't appealed to me: firstly, I'm an EDP junkie (and, no, classifying a fragrance as an EDP isn't enough, and I'm sure many fragrance houses try to sell an EDT/C in this way) and, secondly, this.

Even if the bottle doesn't leak, these poorly designed bottles won't be preserving your juice and, thus, can't be considered respectable long-term investments.

Of the two I find Ambre Precieux to be far superior However, it's like comparing apples to oranges, one being sandalwood and the other amber based.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER