Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Allure Homme Sport, I can't believe how much I DIDN't like it.

I've been looking at finding a new signature sent for a while now and I finally decided to go ahead and buy AHS. I had only smelt it a few times before but I really liked the opening so I thought maybe it would have been a good choice. That was my mistake.

I started wearing it to school and I enjoyed it at first, but every day it seemed like it became more and more annoying than pleasant to my nose. It was almost like the pepper in it REALLY came out on my skin, and along with a chemical-y/ synthetic vibe. Apparently, my nose doesn't take to kindly to it, which is a shame because I really wanted to like it. Longevity was also lacking, I stopped being able to detect it on my skin after 4-5ish hours.

Because of the recent realization of this, I'm returning it to the store I picked it up at. But I'm curious, did anyone else experience this or something similar?

ALSO, I'm looking at maybe giving Bleu de Chanel a shot since I've come to the realization I like the more aquatic/fresh scent types of Fragrances. Is it even worth it? Or is it too similar to the Allure line that it will also mess with my head? Any other suggestions on other longer lasting fresh/aquatic fragrances for a senior in high school about to go to college would also be much appreciated!

Default Re: Allure Homme Sport, I can't believe how much I DIDN't like it.

IMO bleu is better and worth a try.

I am also not fond of AHS. It is screeching and not in a good way. Bleu De Chanel has similiar vibe and is least favourite fragrance of my wardrobe and I already decanted half of bottle away. It was fun to wear for a first couple of times but now is annoying to me and unfortunately lasts 10+ hours on my skin.

I would take Acqua Di Gio (fresh fruity floral), Issey Miyake (freeesh woody citrus) or Versace PH (it is cross between AHS and Acqua Di Gio) over both of Chanels anytime.

Edit: For a classy fresh fragrance I highly recommend Guerlain Homme L'Eau.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Bleu is not at all like AHS and is not even an aquatic. It's a great modern male chypre though. (yes, a chypre, with its bergamot/citrus opening, floral middle, and oakmoss in the base alongside vetiver and labdanum. The aquatic element is mostly an illusion created by the jasmine, patchouli and oakmoss combining with the fresher elements.)
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

What's not to like?

Banned

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake ... the top notes burst forth with an invigorating, yet perplexing, citrus; then the heart revels itself in a floral and spicy concoction; and the soothing, yet oriental, woody base rears its lovely presence ... excellent sillage and longevity ... its originality makes for a somewhat futuristic journey ...

Yeah Bleu is far superior imo.

Might wanna test it extensively this time just to make sure, though.

I too preferred Bleu. Both are ok but I certainly wouldn't spend much, if any, money on them.

I actually prefer the Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport version over the original AHS (the one in the clear bottle). It's much fresher and more aquatic with a beautiful lemon note instead of the orange in regular AHS. The cologne version opens up with a bright lemon that gets a bit of that Chanel creamy note mixed in and then dries down to a mix of the lemon & a nice white musk/soapy type scent. The only downside is longevity since its a cologne strength.

As far as other fresh/aquatic type suggestions for your age; I like Acqua Di Gio, Mugler Cologne, Eternity Aqua, Live Jazz, Burberry Summer, Burberry Sport, Lacoste Essential Sport, and Armani Sport Code. Also, if you are considering higher niche fragrances, Creed Virgin Island Water and Bond's Chez Bond are amazing in warm weather.

Sur la Plage

Don't waste any time/money/effort on Bleu de Chanel - it's a modern male shitpre.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think AHS is ok. The hype over it is a little much. I think it smells better when you just catch whiffs of it compared to smelling it up close. I did not care for Bleu either. Try Dior Homme Sport if you haven't. I like that one quite a bit.

Basenotes Junkie

I dont really get pepper in AHS but i do in the original allure. Bleu is a very different scent. much woodier and doesnt even smell like an aquatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    I too preferred Bleu.
    Same here.

I'm the opposite,... AHS was much better than expected. I originally bought Edition Blanche first and liked it alot. Everyone said AHS smelled like Versace Pour Homme which I already have, but im just not getting that from it.

After dry down its creamy orange on my skin, and that is much different than anything else in my collection. Probably wouldnt wear it on super hot Summer days, but i'll definitely enjoy this one year round.

If you really want 'fresh', Platinum Egoiste is easily Chanel's best offering.

Hummer H2. Somewhere between Allure Homme Sport and Dior Homme Sport, and much cheaper. Same quality fragrance, though.

Allure > Edition Blanche >> Sport
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2

+1 for bleu and platinum egoiste.

Agua de Loewe ÉL by Loewe
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Dior Homme Sport

For example

Wow I'm surprised you disliked AHS that much, I just thought the only way to hate this frag was because of how boring the scent got after you wore it for the fifth time..

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by We Came As Romans View Post
    Wow I'm surprised you disliked AHS that much, I just thought the only way to hate this frag was because of how boring the scent got after you wore it for the fifth time..
    Surprised as well

Just skip anything with "Sport" in the name, and you should be fine in the future. Also I would shake things up a bit and go beyond the fresh and aquatic scents, and try a few out like Dior Homme, A*Men, Dior Fahrenheit, Bvlgari Black, or Black XS, all of which are easily accessible to most people's noses (though A*Men can be a bit polarizing around here), can be found fairly easily, and won't smell like every other dude you go to school with (at least none of those were popular where I went).

Ya I had a sample from my local Sephora and for about the first 20 minutes it smells like Allure Homme which I love then it turns into something horrible. It might be my skin , but everything else is fine on it. It turns into Allure Homme with a citrus blast , and let me tell you they do not mix. I love Chanel but I am glad I sampled and didn't blind buy this. I am taking most peoples side an staying away from sport frags. Don't forget you would wear this in spring /summer so the heat should bring the scent out.

I like Chanel fragrances, but Allure Homme and Allure Home Sport - nope, just can't do them.

Try Pour Monsieur Concentree while you're sampling this line. Best one, IMO.

Irritating double post effect. So, while I'm editing it, might as well add: Bleu is pretty good stuff. Not earth-shakingly great, but good for what it is. Gets better with repeated wearings. A compliment-getter, too. Give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik_Safari View Post
    If you really want 'fresh', Egoiste is easily Chanel's best offering.
    You accidentally put Platinum in front of Egoiste, so I fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    You accidentally put Platinum in front of Egoiste, so I fixed it for you.
    I was commenting on 'fresh' fragrances; I do not consider the original Egoiste fresh at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik_Safari View Post
    If you really want 'fresh', Platinum Egoiste is easily Chanel's best offering.
    I'd say Sycomore: it's great in summers!
    It's great any season even, but I especially love wearing it in the heat.