Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday, 14 January 2012

Good morning,
    It is cold here plus a ghastly wind. There is very very little snow on the ground. I felt it was well deserved to treat myself to a nice breakfast. So, I drove to a nearby bakery, picked up my mail, which included a collection of Aretha Franklin's Atlantic years and a Caron mini of vintage Acaciosa. It smells the same to me compared to my sample of today's. Maybe the first few minutes the vintage smells let's say 20-30 years old, otherwise it is fresh as straight from the urn. It is an absolute stunner in winter. I so much like that it has despite all the tropical quality a distinct smoky tone and discreet sillage on my skin. Maybe that's also why the Caron extraits perform so well on me.
    That's my SotD.... mmmmmmm yummy good!
    You deserve some good music today.... best for a lovely day!
    Last edited by Larimar; 14th January 2012 at 09:47 AM.

Default Re: SotD Saturday, 14 January 2012

Good morning! Enjoy your weekend!

Good Morning,

Sounds like a lovely start to the weekend, L.. Great music too !

I'm wearing vintage Chanel Cuir de Russie (EdT) today.

Thanks for the lovely messages yesterday people. I'm still feeling all warm and fuzzy

Here's to a great weekend

Good afternoon everyone.

We're having a warm phase here. The temps are as high as 32 celcius the past few days. Drops 22C at night.
    This will be the 5th year in a row that we've had abnormally warm winters. Sigh.

I wore vintage Eau des Iles this morning.
    Will change and wear something else now.

for swap/sale:

Sounds lovely to me, hedonist!
    Happy birthday, Leesee! Enjoy your day!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Happy Birthday, Leesee!! I hope you have a great day!

My SotD is Guerlain Tonka Imperiale, with notes of bergamot, rosemary, tonka bean,
    honey, spices, almond, jasmine, vanilla, cedar, pine, incense, tobacco and amber.

Hello everyone. Ormonde Jayne Osmanthus.

Happy Birthday Leesee! And belated 'Hurrahs!' for Gandhajala and tdem1961 on reaching great posting milestones.

Have a great weekend all.

Larimar, for you people in Europe it must be nice. But for us living in perpetual heat, a cold winter is waited on in the same manner the moth desires the flame but it feels like a thousand and one warm winters.

Happy birthday Lessee .

for swap/sale:

Hello all. SL Cedre.
    DONNA

Hello, all you lovely people. G, my friend, belated congrats! Attaboy!

Hi Leesee Happy Birthday!

Hedonist222, well, just come to visit us then. You could do a pit stop tour! We are all neighbours. Do you play golf?

Bois Des Iles today. To town for a boozy lunch with friends then to a bar where a Big Band ( thirteen piece Glen Miller stylie) plays on a Saturday afternoon. Ha Ha. Very cheery.

Foustie, I do not play golf but Scotland is beautiful. We summered there once. We rented a guest house on a working farm. About an hour east of Inveraray.

for swap/sale:

Last night's No.5 was still hanging in there this morning, just went with it and reapplied.

Really just popped in to say Happy Birthday, Leesee! Enjoy your celebrations!

Happy weekend to all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Leesee! Have a beautiful day.

Thank you again Devilcat and all for the kind congrats and adding my congratulations to Gandhajala for your posting milestone.

Joining Donna in Serge Lutens, Fumerie Turque for me. The first SL I ever smelled (ca. 2004) and it still knocks me out.

Notes include currants, white honey, candied Turkish rose, Egyptian jasmine, smoked leather, beeswax, Balkan tobacco, Peru balsam, patchouli, tonka bean, styrax, juniper oil, vanilla

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good Morning.

By Kilian - Pure Oud

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Christian Dior Midnight Poison Parfum. Happy Birthday Leesee!

Notes include mandarin orange, bergamot, black rose, patchouli, amber and French vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

AM: Jeux de Peau
    PM: 3 Cuir Ambre by Prada

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Dozens and dozens of balloons for you, Leesee, on your special day!
    Whilst my attendance and wearing of perfumes have been inconsistent of late, be doubtless, dear BN friends, my affection for you and fragrance is resolute and Brobdingnagian.

Having had my fill of repair, maintenance, and organizational projects for a while, it's time for an improved routine starting today. I'm wearing a true favorite: ICONOfly Attache-Moi. Yummy amber tones, just right for winter, and a musk that sings like Aretha.

Lovin' that music, Larimar. I'm chair dancing. You are such a wonderful reminder of how I need to have more fun.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Last night's No.5 was still hanging in there this morning, just went with it and reapplied.

Really just popped in to say Happy Birthday, Leesee! Enjoy your celebrations!

Happy weekend to all!
    In my opinion Chanel No. 5 has one of the best "morning dry downs" as I call them

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday Leesee!

YSL M7 is a perfect foil for this cold SE Florida morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Montale Aoud Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    In my opinion Chanel No. 5 has one of the best "morning dry downs" as I call them
    LOL, my own ornery brain has been calling that phenomenon "perfume hangover"! I like your phrase better, will borrow from you from now on!

Agree with you, completely. Waking up to that drydown is the olfactory equivalent of waking up wrapped in the finest cashmere and silk. Just makes me want to start it all over again. No wonder they sell so much of the stuff!

Meant to say earlier, really cool music choice, Larimar!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Chair dancing with Mrs. Q (as I thought we shouldn't table dance this early in the day) Thanks Larimar!
    happy birthday Leesee!!!! Enjoy your day!!!

A change from all my recent "heavy" frags, I went with L'Artisan Premier Figuier Extreme this AM. Some errands, some tennis and then some chores await me today. This should sit nicely through them all.

Happy Birthday, Leesee!

............... vintage Mousse De Chêne

Basenotes Institution

Happy happy birthday Lessee!!! Do something FUN for yourself today.

I am fighting a cold and this morning I am completely stuffed up...so I am scent-less. Which sucks (for the obvious reasons) but mostly because it's cold outside and I'm just DYING to wear something huge and spicy and sweet. I will have to do with the scent of Mentholatum and green tea. At least I don't have to go to work today. I plan on staying in all day & finishing my Murakami novel that I've been neglecting.

Hugs to all...
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Fahrenheit
    Off to hunt truffles again, I didn't put pics last time, but here's some from the last hunt

Basenotes Plus

Hello all - late checking in today. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Mike.

SotD is Le Labo Rose 31.

Have a great day, Leesee

Get well soon, mike!
    Possumbility, good luck again! Looks yummy! No Jicky for the hunt today?
    Quarry, always at your service! I wonder do you know the movie Harold & Maude? If not, this is REALLY a life-essential one you can't do without. Seriously!
    N'aimez que moi Extrait tonight... it's a wintery night and some snowshowers tomorrow morning are expected. Nothing substantial!

Happy Birthday, Leesee!

Mikeperez, fight that cold! I've been on coughdrops for a persistent cough for so long that my signature scent is probably eucalyptus.

Today I'm wearing Roma, to fight the cold weather and pretend I'm in Italy.

Larimar, thank you for the ‘Retha fix. Sometimes we just need that.

Hedonist, I’d be delighted to send you some of our cold weather – if only I could.

Gabeinstyle, I love that ad for Chanel Égöiste.

Sending Quarry a barrel of fun.

Feel better, Mike.

After my gym workout and shower I’m wearing Parfums de Coeur’s Fresh White Musk Fantasy body spray. This is one of my favorite white musks, cheesy packaging and all. I’ll pick something else for later. I’m really in the mood for these simple floral musks lately.

Happy Birthday, Leesee!!

Happy Birthday, Leesee. Hope your family will bring you joy as they are camping with you this weekend.

It is noon here and my second attempt at getting up. I know I have to go to the library and then to work at the restaurant (shredding carrots for the oriental-inspired slaw, making and dressing an Italian-themed rotini salad, replenishing potato salad that they ate almost all last night, perhaps a purple cabbage salad. Oh yeah, and a lemon tart and a candied peel bread).

Started in Caron Narcisse Noir, continuing in HdP Moulin Rouge.

Happy Birthday Leesee!

Possumbility - those look delish. Are they Oregon Truffles by any chance ?

SotE is Jicky (parfum).

Best to all

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Get well soon, mike!
    Possumbility, good luck again! Looks yummy! No Jicky for the hunt today?
    Quarry, always at your service! I wonder do you know the movie Harold & Maude? If not, this is REALLY a life-essential one you can't do without. Seriously!
    N'aimez que moi Extrait tonight... it's a wintery night and some snowshowers tomorrow morning are expected. Nothing substantial!
    No Jicky, though that was a good one for truffle hunting. I'm trying to wear truffle appropriate scents this season, Fahrenheit seemed like a good choice. Oregon white truffes Tuber oregonense have a slight petrol odor and that seemed like a good match. Hopefully I'll find some black truffles today, I prefer the white truffles myself, but the black ones are just cooler looking and harder to find, so it's more of a thrill. Next time, I'll think I'll wear Dzing.

Quote Originally Posted by Possumbility View Post
    ...Oregon white truffes Tuber oregonense...
    Hooray, I guessed correctly! Happy hunting - wish I could taste your finds.

'Petrol odor' you say Possumbility? *looking innocent* .... me thinks Tabac Blond would be a nice one too for truffle hunting! Wow, G.! I have no clue about truffes.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    'Petrol odor' you say Possumbility? *looking innocent* .... me thinks Tabac Blond would be a nice one too for truffle hunting! Wow, G.! I have no clue about truffes.
    I don't know how to describe it, but petrol to me (and probably no one else) means an odor that's gaseous, industrial and appealing and repellant at the same time. Truffles has this fatty rancid butter smell too, along with a pine odor. It's a strange smell, but good. Demeter should come out with a truffle scent if they haven't already.
    Tabac Blond would be a great choice, alas it's one I don't own.

Possumbility, would love to eat those truffles.

Mike, wishing you some tea and honey, feel better.

Happy Birthday Leesee!

Hugs all around.

I'm in Fifi Chachnil on the the left (coriander, rose, amber and tobacco) and Eau Sauvage on the right (classified as an aromatic citrus chypre?) and the two are getting along very nicely.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Went to my cousin's wedding this evening in regal vintage Santal Noble.

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Leesee!

The sky is crystal clear and the temps are LOW...winds are blowing crisp, dry air...perfect weather for The One by D&G!
    When I smell good, I feel good! Sounds easy doesn't it? It is...a pleasant scent is great for good moods!!

Thank you so much everyone, for your kind sentiments and neato images! Thanks to all of you I'm having a great birthday thus far! I hope everyone is doing well, feeling well ((Mike)), and just generally enjoying their weekend doings. Take care, all.

((Leesee)), I'm glad you're enjoying your birthday.

SotE is Annick Goutal Musc Nomade. We're going to our favorite local Vietnamese restaurant for dinner. B-belle is watching the Saints/49ers right now, though. :-/ We'll see whether he can tear himself away.

Azzaro pour Homme

Happy Birthday, Leesee!

Sotd: Mon Parfum - Bourjois

(not the vintage. I couldn't find any photo of it...)

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday Leesee

Twolf, thanks for reminding me I have an audiobook due at the library today.

Sotd is Yatagan
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Blog Entries

Enjoy your birthday, Leesee!

I am really itching to get all anointed in Amouage Gold, but cannot get to it. I woke up with a "morning drydown" -- love that phrase -- of #5 as well, then tested Dawn Spencer Hurwitz's Vert pout Madame. Gold... in the evening? Tomorrow??

Quarry, I am glad to see you're loving the Kindle!

ErynnsMomi, I don't think I had a chance to say hello. Hello and welcome!

Blog Entries

Narciso Rodriquez Musc for Her

Very late to the party... Happy Birthday Leesee !!!!!! I hope you have a new fragrance to enjoy, or, a tried and true one to commemerate the occasion with !

Today I wore Bottega Veneta and then Chanel 28 La Pausa.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Leesee!!!
    Green Valley by Creed
    Gary

I'm wearing Bandit today.

Feel better soon, Mike.

Sending happy birthday wishes to Leesee
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I'm wearing Bandit today.

Feel better soon, Mike.

Sending happy birthday wishes to Leesee
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Happy Birthday, Leesee!

I've been in carnation heaven today with DSH Oeillets Rouges.