Code of Conduct

Default SotD Monday, 16 January 2012

Good morning,

A long day is lying ahead... first work and later I am invited to a preview of an exhibition "Political cartoonists in Austria" in the Austrian Parliament... nope, I'm no big fish , just a friend to a cartoonist.
    Tabac Blond for the day!

Best to all

Default Re: SotD Monday, 16 January 2012

^ Sounds great, Larimar! Have fun tonight.

Chanel Cuir de Russie (Exclusifs EdT) for me today.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Good afternoon.

Allegro con Brio - Cale

for swap/sale:

Hello all. Habit Rouge today.

Happy Birthday to gabeinstyle!

Eau de ciel Annick Goutal
    Enjoy your day and Happy Birthday to those celebrating
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Hello all. LUSH Ladyboy
    DONNA

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Chanel Coromandel.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. SotD is Bond No 9 Washington Square.

Wishing everyone a good start to the week.

vintage AnteusB-)

Good morning!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Have fun Larimar, at the exhibit!
    Happy Birthday, Gabeinstyle!
    Welcome, Senalex!

My SotD is Bvlgari Black, with notes of Lapsang Souchang tea, bergamot, jasmine,
    cedar, sandalwood, leather, amber, musk and vanilla (Basenotes). Different but I like it.

Last edited by Kiliwia; 16th January 2012 at 12:34 PM.

Good afternoon everyone. Are we all OK?

Bois Des Iles for me today.

Larimar Do enjoy your evening, then tell us all about it! It sounds very interesting.

Hedi I see that you are going with Calé again! I have just received good size samples of the whole range which I am looking forward to exploring. Any tips?

Bithday wishes to gabeinstyle. Have a good one.

Welcome to Senalex from Kiev.

and a great big HELLO to all the American boys and girls when they join us later. I get really annoyed because I work out of hours so I am at work by the time SOTD wings its way over the Atlantic so I don't get to play......bah!

Must join with on evenings off.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday, 16 January 2012

UOMO

Eau de Toilette
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Balenciaga Portos this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

good morning all...enjoying the morning drydown of Kate's Magik Perfume Oil in Sphinx Moth, (labdanum, oakmoss, ylang ylang, and bergamot.) to this we add some juicy Bois de Paradis.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

good morning everybody. thank you for the birthday wishes.

Good morning everyone. Happy Birthday Gabeinstyle!

Starting the work week in L'Occitane Immortelle de Corse on this rainy day.

Lots of Chanel today, everyone smells great!

Rive Gauche

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Gabeinstyle!

SOTD is Rochas Femme edp, so satisfyingly rich and gorgeous and "perfumey". Makes me feel like a goddess.

Wish you all a good start to the week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Good morning, good health, best wishes, welcoming hug, and holiday cheers wherever and however they apply to all fine souls who enter here.

Last night I was inquiring of our house cat which scents he preferred. Unfortunately, Clay responds only with indifference or disgust. Creed Aubepine-Acacia got the best indifference reaction, so I'm wearing that for him today.

Here's a follow-up on our friend's father who suddenly stopped being color blind. It's really wondrous.
    We've been teasing my dad about doing a talk show circuit! My mom had to go in for some tests (we think she's having some gallbladder issues - nothing really serious, but it has to be checked out). My dad had to drive her because she couldn't drive after the test. They were at a different hospital than the one my dad has been using (insurance sucks). Anyway, the nurses and doctors were all commenting about how most people are not as happy and upbeat before this test as my parents both were. So, of course, my parents shared the story about my dad's eyes. The nurses and doctors were calling others nurses and doctors to talk to my dad! My parents got a big kick out of it.

They are still running all sorts of tests. But he isn't letting them do anything that actually touches his eyes in any way. He's too afraid that'll change things, and he won't be able to see colors anymore. He's scheduled for more tests on January 20th, but the doctors are still baffled and still saying it's not possible. They know it happened, but they just shake their heads. They cannot explain it medically at all.

Yes, he's gone to sleep. But he gets up early every morning to watch the sunrise. And he's been going outside each night to watch sunset. We went to see the Blue Man Group last Sunday (we've had tickets for months, actually). They had a segment where they talk about color and why we see it - even showing what the world would look like if you can't see it! We all teared up. It really struck home to us - that's what Dad used to see. And then the stage exploded into color. My dad was overwhelmed. When the performance ended, he was crying because everything was so beautiful.

He's been using crayons to learn colors. He also said he's been having trouble driving because all the colors distract him! I cannot wait until he sees all the colors in spring, summer, and fall. I don't think this is something he'll ever take for granted. He's too afraid it'll go away again.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Could not answer my three PMs or post at all -- the light bulb burnt on my desk and I can't see in the dark. Told DH about it -- was a 15 second fix. Yep, that's how hopelessly helpless I am. Almost lost.

WearingMystere by Novaya Zarya.

Quarry what a wonderful and happy story! This is a good start of the day!
    I think I will be wearing the L'Arte di Gucci I got for Christmas!
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Quarry, I am so enjoying the story about your friend's father. Keep us posted.

Today I'm wearing Caron's Parfum Sacree Intense from a sample. Every time I wear it, I want a Full Bottle. Big Bottle. Great Big Bottle.

Blog Entries

Fascinating story, Quarry. I would think the changes occurred in his brain, not in his eyes. If they did any brain scans/MRIs (for whatever reason) prior to his gaining color vision, it would be interesting to compare the earlier results with the current ones. It just goes to show how little we still understand about how the human body works.

Today is a school holiday (MLK day) and my daughter and I are taking my mother out for lunch at Red Lobster-- this will be her first outing since she fractured her hip in October. I swapped cars with my husband for the occasion (his seats are higher off the ground, making transfers easier.)

Scent: Rose Ikebana-- I don't want anything too strong to clash with the food.

Lol, how many Twolves does it take to change a light bulb?! That's a good man, putting his lady's lamp in order!

Hope you have lots of fun at lunch today, 30R. You gals deserve it!

Giving in to my not-so-refined fruitchouli craving in Coco Mademoiselle EDP. Have a good day, all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

SotE - ELDO Fat Electrician.

Rume by Slumberhouse

Ohhh, very strong, thick and dense, almost pure honey on me.
    Delicious

Versace l'Homme

Good Evening,

Thanks for the update, Q. It really is a most incredible story, and one I've recounted to several friends. I took various courses in neuro-psychology as an undergraduate and such cases always fascinated me.

Jon - where on earth do you find these images? Thanks for the giggle.

Mouchoir de Monsieur tonight.

Best to all.

Boucheron Trouble

Good afternoon!
    Mure et Musc Extreme over Body Shop Mango body butter. AND I'm eating pineapple yogurt. Very fruity today.

Robin, your fruitiness sounds delish!

Quarry, that really is a wonderful story.

Happy Birthday to Gabeinstyle!!

I couldn't get on Basenotes until now. I often have that problem. Oh well. I'm wearing Shalimar edc, which I haven't worn in ages. It really is amazing for an eau de cologne. Smells like lemon custard with spices, then dries down powdery, smoky, a little leathery. It lasts a long time, but it's really the first few seconds that entrance me.

Cuir Ottoman this cold evening. 16 C.
    Well cold for us dwellers of the dessert.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Institution

FINALLY, the head cold subsides a bit so I can breathe better so for me today it's:

Aromatics Elixir Perfumer's Reserve by Clinique

Quarry: What a fantastic story. Makes you not take your sense of sight for granted, that's for sure
    Jon Rodgers: I love the thong-wearing booty-shaking elephant. I will never see ELDO's Fat Electrician the same way again.
    Gabeinstyle: Happy Birthday!
    30 Roses: Wonderful news about your Mom's re-entry back into regular life. You must be thrilled.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Quote Originally Posted by Starr.buck View Post
    Boucheron Trouble
    I Love this fragrance Starr.buck.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gabeinstyle!!!
    Jil Sander Feeling Man!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday to Gabeinstyle!

We had a fantastic lunch-- I told the waitress we were celebrating Mom's recovery and she brought her a slice of Key Lime Pie on the house!

Blog Entries

It snowed!!!! I woke up and our yard (including the blooming rhododendrons) was covered in snow. So I put on L'Eau d'Hiver, how appropriate. Caleche was a contender too, but maybe tonight then

ETRO

Messe de Minuit

Loewe 7
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

YSL Y Parfum

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post

We had a fantastic lunch-- I told the waitress we were celebrating Mom's recovery and she brought her a slice of Key Lime Pie on the house!
    I haven't had a chance to congratulate you on that yet, 30 Roses. That is terrific! I'm happy for your mom, and for all of you.

Happy Birthday to you, gabeinstyle!

Welcome, Senalex!

Quarry, your story continues to fascinate and make me smile. What a wonderful world opening up to your friend's father. Thank you for making us a part of it by sharing it with us.

Scentless for now because I am a lazy so-and-so today. Take care, all.

SotE is Azagury edp from our NOLA sample raid. Oh, oh, ooohhh!!! I love this!! Thank you, whoever brought this one!

Basenotes Plus

Welcome, Senalex!

Oh, Jon, you are a notttttt-y-boi!

I'm scentless for the moment- going to give blood and don't want to affect the person poking a needle in my arm. will check in later with evening choice.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Happy birthday, gabeinstyle!

Very cold here...

I was scentless all day but I'll wear Lann-Ael now!

Quote Originally Posted by carolina girl View Post
    ...... Caron's Parfum Sacree Intense from a sample. Every time I wear it, I want a Full Bottle. Big Bottle. Great Big Bottle.
    That made me laugh. You are all so funny today!

G your nose is growing. Congratulations!

Quarry, thank you for this wonderful story.

SOTE. I am intoxicated with Tubereuse Criminelle. Can you tell?

Pssst, Jon. Woops. We can see your pants!

SOTD is TF Noir de Noir

Hi, all. Just a quick drop-in today...
    wearing Chanel 31 Rue Cambon.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing my personal scented oil mix that I made and named L'Air du Shannon. I talked about it before ... It was mixed a few months ago and I think it may be better now than back then. Notes: blood orange, heliotrope, and dark amber.

Sending happy birthday wishes to gabeinstyle

Twolf, I commiserate about the light bulb! I'm sitting in the dark in the basement at my computer. No one changed the light bulbs here either ... and I can't. I can't reach the darn lights in the ceiling. hmmmm ...maybe I should just get a table lamp for the desk.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post

glad to hear that your mom is doing well.

Blog Entries

We're still snowed in, so we decided to rearrange the furniture in the bedroom.
    And I am wearing Epic.

LOL. For those of you who frequent the sync thread -- I still do not provide any details, so no worries good fragrant people!

Dia by Amouage

Blog Entries

We have snow on the ground-- the first since the weird October storm! With ice expected to follow.

It will get messy for the commute, probably a school delay and I'll have to cancel my mom's early morning visit to her primary Dr. (for a routine matter, easy to reschedule)-- but the temps are supposed to be in the 40s Wednesday so this won't stick around.

Basenotes Plus

scent o' the blood donation this afternoon was Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca.... I just couldn't go completely scentless
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Canoe (Dana)

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    scent o' the blood donation this afternoon was Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca.... I just couldn't go completely scentless
    When I read that you were going nude to the donation, I said "I doubt it".

for swap/sale: