Code of Conduct

Default OMG Tea Rose is fabulous for layering! Suggestions?

I purchased tea rose by perfumers workshop yesterday and have started layering experiments.

Today I layered it with cacharel liberte. This was a great success! Rose and patchouli are a match made in heaven...

The following scents are in my line up for layering with tea rose: bvlgari black, cabochard by gres, chopard wish, thierry mugler angel, still by Jennifer lopez, Elizabeth arden green tea.

What would you perfumistas layer tea rose with? Please share!

Default Re: OMG Tea Rose is fabulous for layering! Suggestions?

I intend to pick up a bottle of Tea Rose myself, just for the layering! Local T.J.Maxx hasn't had it in awhile; so maddening since at times it seems that's all they have.

You've already picked up on one of the best combos to me, the patch& rose. Angel may give a similar effect but will probably be a room-clearing combo.I think it better to stick to less complicated scents for layering, though they needn't be linear. I'm interested to know how a little Tea Rose would smell over Chanel's Coromandel but have neither to complete the experiment. I've been finding lately that Chanel fragrances lend themselves well to layering.

Also like rose+vanilla and amber a lot. Maybe try it with Black? I'd try TR over all my orientals just for giggles but suspect it would work best with my Ava Luxe Ambra Tibet. It's almost non-floral anyway and I think its smoky, ambery vanilla may make a nice base for TR.

Aren't layering experiments fun?
    The nose wants what it wants!

Feminite du Bois...that deep woody veil would nicely support tea rose, I suspect.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Layering is super fun. I will try tea rose with angel... Will need to apply both perfumes with a light hand. I agree that it would be lovely with coromandel too.

Good approach, winterlove. I do the same when layering rather loud scents, just dial back the amounts. Also, I give myself a little extra time before I would have to be anywhere for them to settle down. Would love to hear back how Angel+TR works out for you!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Will give it a go today and report back here! Its Saturday so I can experiment at home. I tried tea rose with chopard wish yesterday and that was quite nice. Not as good as with cacharel liberte in my opinion!

I layer it with Chanel no 19 and Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir.

That sounds nice, the JM Pomegranate Noir. I like rose combined with a fruity spice (potpourrish). I was thinking orange, but the pomegranate sounds very nice. I can't think of anything rose doesn't smell good with.

Great ideas! I have a big bottle and I cannot wear it at all. Maybe if I layer it it will be bearable. So far I used it to scent towels.

Blog Entries

I may try it with Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée. That one lacks an overt floral character, and layers really, really nicely with jasmine scents.

My wife loves to wear Tea Rose by itself. I may use it to corrupt her into fragrance obsession with layering!

Basenotes Plus

I like layering liberte with bulgari tea rouge.... and the bulgari tea rouge with rose essentielle.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I was thinking tea rose and amarige mariage... Rose and cinnamon?

Inspired by this thread I am trying now a very tiny amount of Tea Rose and Teinte de Neige. I am hoping for a powdery rose.

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    I like layering liberte with bulgari tea rouge....
    That sounds interesting. I'm going to have to remember try that one.

Quote Originally Posted by winterlove View Post
    I was thinking tea rose and amarige mariage... Rose and cinnamon?
    Rose + cinnamon is very nice! Yves Rocher's Rose Absolue is a lemony cinnamony rose. I was using a Lancome lipgloss last night, trying to think what it smelled like, and I realized it reminded me of YR Rose Absolue, or most likely a Lancome fragrance, Miracle or something.

I like that bvlgari rose essentialle was mentioned... What would happen if you layered with tea rose? A rose bomb? However I think that tea rose and bvlgari voile de jasmin could be quite fresh and lovely! Mmmm!

I'm wearing tea rose plus britney spears midnight fantasy to bed. Yum! The green rose balances midnight fantasy out nicely!