Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Original Calvin Klein for women....

Recently saw this and was wondering if anyone could explain the scent to me more. The reviews didn't offer much.There were a bunch of vtg frags at this store that I liked and this one doesnt get much mention on swap/review sites.

Calvin Klein.jpg
    Last edited by Mandella; 15th January 2012 at 10:46 PM.

Default Re: Original Calvin Klein for women....

I know it's a chypre but I'd like a "if you like______,then you'll like this".

Hillaire

Well, hello. I am a lover of Calvin Klein!
    It's one, actually, I have a hard time finding parallels to; I find it unique.
    But it has a metallic aspect not unlike Chanel 19, and a quality I can only call 'squeaky' clean, a tart soapy bit like what you might recall from some bigger masculine fougeres: Paco Rabanne had it; so did Pour Monsieur. And ironically, the scent it reminds me of most is also a masculine, Nicolai's New York.

Clearly, it's the sort that would be unisex by today's standards, if not masculine, and it's not sweet, just a tad spicy. I can't think of what else to say! It's really enjoyable.

Wow,ok.Sounds like a good investment!!Especially since it seems pretty HTF. Thanks so much!!

Like Hillaire, I adore the original Calvin Klein for women. To paraphrase Hillaire, it indeed starts off sort of metallic-tart-soapy, but then to me it has a soft, rosy, lemony dry-down. I hope you enjoy your purchase, Mandella!

Thank you!Ill be going this weekend. Look me up on MUA,maybe Ill be swapping some decants....IF it's still there when i go. :/

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Mandella View Post
    Thank you!Ill be going this weekend. Look me up on MUA,maybe Ill be swapping some decants....IF it's still there when i go. :/
    Well, that's lovely, Dear.
    Now, go ahead tell auntie Hillaire just whom it is you will be swapping with on MUA?
    I sure hope it's still there, Love; swappers can be so capricious.

Was meaning that if you were interested. I am supposed to start 'work' in my fav vtg store this weekend. I remember seeing it there. I'll be asking for lots of help since this lady is wanting to liquidate but it'll be a mutually gratifying experience.