Code of Conduct

Default Any Creed fragrances with good projection/longevity???

I have tried a few Creed fragrances recently (all at Neiman Marcus), and while I liked the scent, to my nose they seemed weak after 30 min. As if they all sat close to the skin and failed to project. Maybe it's just me adjusting to it, but I want to know if any Creed fragrances have a rep for good longevity and projection. Thanks!

Default Re: Any Creed fragrances with good projection/longevity???

I personally don't have any longevity problems with any of their fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    +1. But I get the best longevity out of Tabarome Millesime.

Why So Serious?

Same, most Creeds I tested, owned or own do have above average to good longevity, but some project better than others. I think Creed is one of those lines that causes olfactory fatigue strongly, but it'll stick with ya for a while, so while you don't notice it others might.

For example, Aventus projects and lasts insanely, while you might not notice it after a while, you can be assured you are wiping out a radius of population with just 2 sprays (btw, i find the creed sprayers are very very generous).
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Of the ones ive tried Bois du Portugal lasts the longest. Original Santal and Aventus aren't bad either.

At least on my skin, REL and BDP last ages

On me> Aventus, MI, SMW, GIT. Love em' all, perform well on me. They do seem to last longer on my clothing than on my skin. But it's that way with every fragrance in my collection. I have smelled the above mentiond frags on my clothes days after application.

True, BdP is the one out of which I got the best longevity. Even though I really like a lot of them, I feel Creeds do have an issue with longevity, at least for me, I like my fragrances with really strong projection/longevity, such as the Lutens.

SMW is the best for me, Aventus, Original Cologne, and Originla Vetiver are all good for me.

honestly they are all good on my skin, but the winners are Bois Du Portugal and Acier Aluminum

Most that I've tried have sucked big time on the projection/longevity department.

Most Creeds I have tried are very good on longevity and projection, with the exception of Bois de Cedrat. At the very least, I'd say these have at least average longevity and projection on me, if not above average: GIT, BduP, Acier Aluminum, Himalaya, and Original Santal.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Basenotes Member

Aventus hangs around forever. Possibly the best longevity of anything I've tried yet.

Dependent

Epicea has very poor longevity -- the base accord is very weak. I wonder if that was one reason for its discontinuation.

Aventus and Original Santal work well on my skin, but it should be noted that everyone's skin is different. It should also be noted that some people think many Creed frags have batch variations that affect scent and longevity. I can only speak to my own bottles, but many claim drastic performance variation from different Aventus batches. Plenty of long winded threads about it on base notes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    I think Creed is one of those lines that causes olfactory fatigue strongly, but it'll stick with ya for a while, so while you don't notice it others might. ...(btw, I find the creed sprayers are very very generous).
    +1 ...

these are good:
    Aventus
    Bois du Portugal
    Fleurs de Bulgarie
    Royal Delight

Aventus is the best of the ones I've tested. BdP and Acier Aluminium are good too.

Himalaya and GIT last about 8 hours on me and projects well. I also own MI and SMW. Both are about 3-4 hour longevity.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

My Aventus projects like crazy. Not sure if it was a certain batch, but the projection and longevity is great.

Blog Entries

Aventus and GIT have monster projection on me
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    +1

On my skin
    Aventus - 2 sprays = 10+hours
    GIT - 3 sprays = 8+hours

The only ones that don't have good longevity/projection are:

Bois de Cedrat
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse

Aventus, Original Santal, and Himalaya all do well for me. Also, I get decent longevity with Virgin Island Water as well. But out of the modern releases, I'd say Original Santal is probably the best for longevity & projection (probably due to the fact that it's a sweet spicy oriental type scent instead of more of a fresh/summer scent as many Creeds are).

Basenotes Plus

I have terrible projection issues with every fragrance in the Creed line, with the exception of Royal Oud and Aventus, which are 5-7 hours.

Interestingly, I went into a local boutique that sells Creed recently and the guy there said to me that if you have acidic skin, avoid creeds because they are all citric based frags?

And the way to tell was to lick the palm of your hand when you wake up and see if it's salty or not...

Any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by underthewaves View Post
    Interestingly, I went into a local boutique that sells Creed recently and the guy there said to me that if you have acidic skin, avoid creeds because they are all citric based frags?

And the way to tell was to lick the palm of your hand when you wake up and see if it's salty or not...

Any truth to this?
    My BS meter is going off the scale.

Everyone knows you have to lick your elbow (outer) to work out your skin acidity.

Quote Originally Posted by underthewaves View Post

Any truth to this?

Hi & welcome underthewaves - this is the correct thread for this type of issue - enjoy!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/300655-Creed-Sub-Forum

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hi & welcome underthewaves - this is the correct thread for this type of issue - enjoy!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/300655-Creed-Sub-Forum
    Why do you hate Creed so much?

Actually, I don't mind the actual fragrance - just the silliness that surrounds it.
    The longevity of Aventus is quite impressive.

Actually, I don't mind the actual fragrance - just the silliness that surrounds it.
    Interesting, I would've never guessed! I keep hearing that about Aventus, but my bottle seems awfully weak. I guess I have a bad batch, or perhaps my skin is too acidic for Creed fragrances.

Yeah - I didn't check which batch it was - probably left over from last year 'though - we're a bit out of the way here!

They all last ages for me

I do spray profusely though

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Why do you hate Creed so much?
    Well JH, " hate" is of course the word of the fanboy. Perhaps "find extremely tiresome" is a little more realistic.
    If anyone needs any clues as to why people may find this to be the case check out this little gem:

If that wasn't enough to bring out the sickbag consider the weekly douchebag fratboy posts about how women were unable to keep their underwear on after one sniff of their Aventus, or the phantom new members who flood the forums for a week or two with embarrassing Creed promotions, or worst of all for me, the arrogant bigots who are obviously impressed by the kind of bullshit in the video above and dismiss any criticism of the company as the jealousy of those who can't afford Creed.
    Many of us are perfectly willing to accept that their scents are fine in a non challenging kind of way, but would not wear them. partly because we are not prepared to be ripped off and partly because we wouldn't want to be bracketed with with any of the above kind of people..

As Bill Hicks said '' If you work in marketing -- kill yourselves, seriously'

+1 Aventus gives me 4-6 hrs projection and about 12hrs longevity and not a skin scent but 1 foot bubble in 8-10 hr and 6" one in the last two hours of dry down and if I spray my hair is 12 plus ...love it
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I have only tried git and aventus and for me aventus which I love the smell stayed closed to the skin on me didn't project well on my skin at all but git projected pretty well and I got about 8 hours of longevity

Aventus, Original Santal, and BDP seem to last longer and have better projection.

Original Vetiver is very weak.

Yesterday I had a disturbing experience with Creed's Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie, my all-time favorite go-to fragrance. I'd bought a new bottle and compared it to the one I've had for years. GONE was the luxurious drydown, gone the longevity and certainly the sillage. The top and mid notes were still there but not the deeply narcotic, indolic aspects of the Jasmine! I assume this is a result of reformulation. I searched online for a pre-2010 bottle. Found nothing identified like that. My question: is Creed still Creed? If not, how do I identify and buy my vintage Creed?

Basenotes Plus

Who has 2013 bottles and thinks they project well?

I have a few Creed samples of Aventus and they are all over the place..
    Good, Bad and Great...
    The 2013 bottle I bought I sent back to Amazon..
    I tried it for a week and was just weak and very little scent IMHO
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Other than 3 of them (VIW & Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse, Himalaya), I get good to great longevity from all other Creeds.

The longest IMO:
    Bois du Portugal
    Acier Aluminium
    REL
    Millesime 1849

Royal English Leather personally gives me excellent longevity and projection.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Well JH, " hate" is of course the word of the fanboy. Perhaps "find extremely tiresome" is a little more realistic.
    If anyone needs any clues as to why people may find this to be the case check out this little gem:

If that wasn't enough to bring out the sickbag consider the weekly douchebag fratboy posts about how women were unable to keep their underwear on after one sniff of their Aventus, or the phantom new members who flood the forums for a week or two with embarrassing Creed promotions, or worst of all for me, the arrogant bigots who are obviously impressed by the kind of bullshit in the video above and dismiss any criticism of the company as the jealousy of those who can't afford Creed.
    Many of us are perfectly willing to accept that their scents are fine in a non challenging kind of way, but would not wear them. partly because we are not prepared to be ripped off and partly because we wouldn't want to be bracketed with with any of the above kind of people..

So basically you're saying that your dislike for Creed has nothing to do with their actual fragrances, but with the "douchebag frat boy" posts on basenotes, and marketing. Right then. I'd love to have a look around your house sometime and see all of the things you own from companies that don't use bullshit marketing to sell their product. Are you free on Sunday? I'll bring the olives.

Basenotes Plus

I like Creed fragrances. They're simple and versatile and let's face it, batch consistencies aside, they do smell good. Longevity and projection are fine. I hope the brand is re-positioned in an understated manner for the long term future of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    So basically you're saying that your dislike for Creed has nothing to do with their actual fragrances, but with the "douchebag frat boy" posts on basenotes, and marketing. Right then. I'd love to have a look around your house sometime and see all of the things you own from companies that don't use bullshit marketing to sell their product. Are you free on Sunday? I'll bring the olives.
    It's a date!
    But don't turn up wearing Aventus or we'll get off on the wrong foot.

* You should start a thread:
    "What's the best scent for snooping ?"

Last edited by martinijo; 26th November 2013 at 10:21 AM.

Aventus and Original Santal are pretty killer. Silver Mountain Water has excellent longevity, but average projection.

GIT, SMW, Aventus, MI and Royal Oud all last for me the best part of the day. I agree Original Vetiver seemed to phase out after four hours.