Code of Conduct

Default Aventus tester... Should I risk it?

2.5oz for $155! But here's the kicker... It's from fragrancenet.com... Yay, or nay?

Default Re: Aventus tester... Should I risk it?

i don't know if that's a good deal...i got a nearly full 4oz for $140 from a BN user.
    batch variation might make it more risky for you. I was able to test it out beforehand because he lived near but i hear a lot of discrepancies regarding aventus batches

Wow how'd u get 4oz for $140?! Splits are usually 1.7oz for about $110

fragrancenet is a reliable website.

"basenotes" offercode for 15% off.

Guess I'll give it a shot... I hope I get a 2011 bottle at least

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos10704 View Post
    Guess I'll give it a shot... I hope I get a 2011 bottle at least
    That's the spirit!

Wow how'd u get 4oz for $140?! Splits are usually 1.7oz for about $110
    well the black plastic bits were torn because the another sample in the pkg spilled but the bottle was intact and no leakage and no cap.
    still the second best fragrance deal i came across after $70 on vintage 100ml DHI a couple weeks back

Quote Originally Posted by crvn View Post
    well the black plastic bits were torn because the another sample in the pkg spilled but the bottle was intact and no leakage and no cap.
    still the second best fragrance deal i came across after $70 on vintage 100ml DHI a couple weeks back
    guess it's just being at the right place at the right time. I just bought 100ml DHI for $106. Hoping I get Vintage. If not, I like the reformulation too, so it's win-win

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    "basenotes" offercode for 15% off.
    It is a good deal with the discount code and free shipping. They are in NY so it won't take long for you to get it either.

2.5oz for $155! But here's the kicker... It's from fragrancenet.com... Yay, or nay?
    " Live dangerously" ----Nietzsche

" When in doubt, attack! "----Napoleon

(Though I haven't the foggiest what Sun Tzu said in The Art of War about Creeds.)

I have dealt with fragrancenet and they were OK so I'll give it a 70% probability that it's all going to be alright
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Banned

$155.00
    (23.25) "basenotes" offercode for 15% off
    $131.75

There's no risk with Aventus, it's sure to disappoint.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I have a 1 ml sample of Aventus and I love the scent... So how would I be disappointed?

Can I just say this, All of us guys and girls that are running splits here at basenotes do NOT want to deal with people that are flakey/non comitted as it makes the process incredibly tedious and frequently ruins the situation for the other guys who respect the process and effort it takes.

If you're already involved in someones split please show them some kind of respect and stick with it, Carlos has now joined in my split and backed out and I'm the one left with an ordered bottle and a person that wants a refund.

I already apologized. It's my fault for not shopping around first. I just can't justify $123 for 50ml when I can get almost 3x as much for $3 more. Like I said, hold my split and just send it to the next guy or girl that joins your split. You can issue me a refund when you find someone. That way, that person gets their split much faster. I'm being more then fair.
    Last edited by Carlos10704; 18th January 2012 at 02:14 PM.

I already apologized. It's my fault for not shopping around first. I just can't justify $123 for 30ml when I can get almost 3x as much for $3 more.
    Its 50ml not 30ml. and 2.4 ounce is only 75ml so its no where near 3x as much fragrance. Its just 1/3 more. Plus you've got no guarantee of which batch you'll receive (I'll always send out a great one because I request specific ones I'm familiar with)

You're not being fair as you didn't take heed of the note in red placed at the top of the split topic specifically asking people not to get involved if they aren't prepared to go through with it 100%.

I'm just thinking of the other people involved and the unnessicary hassle they have to go through.
    Last edited by Kron; 18th January 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Its 50ml not 30ml.

And you're not being fair as you didn't take heed of the note in red placed at the top of the split topic specifically asking people not to get involved if they aren't prepared to go through with it 100%.

I'm just thinking of the other people involved and the unnessicary hassle they have to go through.
    Hey man, it wasn't intentional. I should have shopped around before getting involved in an overseas split. I'm new to this community so I didn't know. I apologize. If I do decide to do another split, with you, or anyone else, I will do my research beforehand.

Back on to this thread's subject though.. I just ordered the tester. I'll let everyone know when I get it and how it smells

It's a nice scent. Not great longevity though in my experience

Basenotes Junkie

i personally wouldnt "risk" it for a creed with their batch issues

I'm selling my aventus with known batch #. Lasts all day on me - so you don't have to take a big risk with unknown.

There is a massive Aventus thread about batch variations purchased from online discounters and other places and the variations in the quality from good to awful so it is a gamble: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers.

I think the best move would be to stay on Kron's split as he is much respected and always gets a decent batch for the participants in a split.

I already apologized. It's my fault for not shopping around first. I just can't justify $123 for 50ml when I can get almost 3x as much for $3 more. Like I said, hold my split and just send it to the next guy or girl that joins your split. You can issue me a refund when you find someone. That way, that person gets their split much faster. I'm being more then fair.
    123$ for 50ml??? I just got 50 ml of a great batch from Heperd for 86$ shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerbia View Post
    123$ for 50ml??? I just got 50 ml of a great batch from Heperd for 86$ shipped.
    to be fair, $15 of it was shipping since it was coming from overseas. still doesn't justify the price when I just ordered almost twice the ammount for $10 more

Sur la Plage

A big nay.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think if we're being 'fair' here you can't really judge and compare a lucky find with something that is essentially half of what the retail price is anyway.

I'm really sick of people in a different country judging things through specs that are blinkered to prices within the USA only and having zero courtesy.

If it is your fault then you should not want a refund. You should suck it up and next time you will know to shop around. This site is turning into Craigslist with all the flakes.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm staying away from Aventus for the next 5 years. I'm not even going to try it, unless the Creed Boutique sends me a sample with another purchase. Right now, with all the hoopla it's been generating, Creed is definitely having difficulty keeping up with demand and bottling gallons of weak and under-developed juice. I'm sure there are a few excellent batches out there (nodding to Kron) but unless I deal with someone like him, I can't be bothered. And I'm not really into splits, so it'll have to wait for me.

Green Irish Tweed, while also in high demand, isn't as popular right now, especially here in the states. The bottle I bought in March - which was a fresh batch according to its number - is truly gorgeous stuff, and has only gotten better since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I think if we're being 'fair' here you can't really judge and compare a lucky find with something that is essentially half of what the retail price is anyway.

I'm really sick of people in a different country judging things through specs that are blinkered to prices within the USA only and having zero courtesy.
    still a little upset huh? I agree, $123 for 50ml is still a great deal. I had no problem paying it. Unfortunately, $131 for 75ml is even better. I'm sure if I would have done my research, I would have found it and never asked to be part of the split. but I did and couldn't pass it up.

Me being new I understand both carlos and kron point. I have had 3 different decants of Aventus and they are different! I don't think I would risk it, cause if you get the weaker version you'll be sorely dissapointed. Kron has ordered specific batches which he can vouch for the quality, plus you've already entered into a commitment!

Just saw that Carlos said Kron can hold the refund until he finds another buyer... now that's a stand up move! No harm no foul here.

Kron I'm still in for the SDV split, don't let 1 noobs action affect all of us lol
    Midnight in Paris 5 STARS
    Pure Malt 5 STARS
    Rose 31 5 STARS