Code of Conduct

Default Mugler's cologne - longevity/projection

I'm going to blind buy this as it's only cheap and I've been sitting on it for a while. How badly does this project? I've looked at the reviews and some people are saying you can't smell it at all and others saying it's powerful and you only need one spray... I'm interested to hear from people who own this or have tried it.

I know I should try it on my skin but I'm blind buying it, I don't really have time to search for samples of it.

Default Re: Mugler's cologne - longevity/projection

I have it, but don't use it often, even though it's a great scent. I really should use it more. Anyway, maybe because it's not in my usual rotation, when I wear it, I get hours of wear out of it. I think this is one of those sneaky scents that the nose can adapt to very quickly, and you think it's gone, but it's not. And I think it's quite powerful, really nauseating when oversprayed, so don't turn into "the cologne guy" when you get it

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    I have it, but don't use it often, even though it's a great scent. I really should use it more. Anyway, maybe because it's not in my usual rotation, when I wear it, I get hours of wear out of it. I think this is one of those sneaky scents that the nose can adapt to very quickly, and you think it's gone, but it's not. And I think it's quite powerful, really nauseating when oversprayed, so don't turn into "the cologne guy" when you get it
    Ah, that might explain it then. Is there an EDT or is it only EDC because this one seems like it's tricky to find the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    Ah, that might explain it then. Is there an EDT or is it only EDC because this one seems like it's tricky to find the right one.
    There is only the EDC. In my arid climate I only get a few hours from this one and it starts to flatten out and have no problem with 3 or 4 sprays or more, but it doesnt last for very long on me.

For me good on both counts.

I usually get a good 6-8 hours out of this one with liberal spritzing of skin and shirt. I seem to get more compliments for MC than any other scent.

Mugler Cologne, though a stunning scent has, at least to my knows and as far as I tested it, only average longevity and projection at best

Mugler Cologne lasts but doesn't really project well outside of the first 2 hrs. As far as longevity, we are taking 8+ hrs.

I had it, the longevity is great. Projection is closer to skin than alot of others ive tried.

It does become very cloying on me if oversprayed (5+)

Great scent, average longevity and projection.

I have longevity problems with less than 10 sprays (3 or 4 hours only), but whem i wear it with 15 or more sprays i get perfect sillage and longevity (9 hours)

I get satisfactory longevity and projection. Really nice scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    When Mugler Cologne first came out, it was an EDC. But now, it's only manufactured as an EDT

This is the EDC, the bottle have white sticker on it (available in 75ml, 120ml and bigger size (200ml and above) - the 100ml is not available). I think this one is no longer available, if you receive it then your bottle is really old (not that being old is a good thing for this fragrance since the EDC is much much weaker than the EDT)

Now the scent only comes in EDT
    This is the bottle for the EDT when it first came out (available in 75ml, 120ml and bigger size (200ml and above) - the 100ml is not available). As far as I know the 75ml is no longer available

This is the newest EDT bottle (available in 100ml with spray top only). This is the size you should get if you want to be sure that you receive the EDT version

I have the 75ml EDT of this scent, for me this is not a scent with strong sillage but it does have very good longevity, you will catch a swift of it through out the day.

I get good longevity from this, more so if it gets on clothing. I typically wear this in the spring/summer because I think it needs heat to stretch it's legs. It projects well with nice sillage in warm weather, but in cool weather it stays on the skin. I usually do about 2-3 sprays.

I love it. (in fact, I easily prefer it over the similar Original Vetiver from Creed. Mugler Cologne has a much nicer/cleaner drydown). I actually get pretty decent longevity from this one as well. It's not a projection monster and it becomes more of a clean soapy smell with less green as it dries down, but it does last very well for a fresh scent. It's one of my most worn fragrances in warmer weather & I think this one is a great blind buy.

Quote Originally Posted by runstile View Post
    I get good longevity from this, more so if it gets on clothing. I typically wear this in the spring/summer because I think it needs heat to stretch it's legs. It projects well with nice sillage in warm weather, but in cool weather it stays on the skin. I usually do about 2-3 sprays.
    I second that. Don't overapply! The trick of this one seems to be a simplistic surface. The mechanics are well hidden below 3 different 'notes' that 'project' a lot. But with every fragrance the all over feel relies on very subtle proportions. In this case development tends to reduce the steam iron effect first. The inherent green/orange contrast persists quite a time.

To a perfume enthusiast the non-exited nearly anemic attitude of Cologne may be boring. And of course its synthetic with a sort of pride.

Just recieved it in the mail yesterday, sprayed it on and got around 8 hours with it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It has fair longevity and very mediocre projection, but it's an excellent scent. If you find yourself with the will and the way, and you like Cologne, I recommend trying Original Vetiver. It takes the best parts of Cologne and builds on them. But Cologne is really the only scent of this type you'd absolutely need.

Between the two, I'm inclined to go for Cologne, but it's actually easier to appreciate Cologne after knowing Original Vetiver. For me, anyway.

Dependent

I'd have to say average longevity.

I smelled this the other day for the first time on the EDT and it seemed like it would have decent longevity and projection within the first few hours. I guess I am going to look into this more. My job is pretty physical so as I heat up this might work better.