Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Dior Homme Sport REFORMULATION

Tried reformulated DH Sport today. The sprayer color is now silver (instead of black) and plate on the package has also changed from black to silver. But the main surprise is the juice itself. Four years later Dior Homme Sport has become a true flanker of the regular Dior Homme!

The old Sport version opened with a very sharp and sparkling citrus accord. The new DH Sport starts up with an iris note, similar to that in DH Cologne or Dior Homme, but not sweet. The scent now doesn't cry, it is subtle and elegant. The dry down is close to the gingery dry down of the old version.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Default Re: Dior Homme Sport REFORMULATION

It's no surprise that Dior has reformulated this as they seem to be doing or have done so for most of their fragrances.

Sur la Plage

Well I hope it would not get more shittier than it already is - that would be hard to do.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hows the longevity and sillage of the new formula? The old one was very weak in both categories.

Hmmm..sounds promising. I'm not a fan of DH Sport, but this news has me intrigued.

The old one was a sillage monster and had a decent longevity. The new one is not so loud, but also good about longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    The old one was a sillage monster and had a decent longevity. The new one is not so loud, but also good about longevity.
    So is even short lived than the vintage...Mehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Well I hope it would not get more shittier than it already is - that would be hard to do.
    bwahaha. +1

I have the original. Phew! Just checked. One of my favourite Sports.

Never tried the sport but I can say Demachy did well with the reformulations of Dior Homme and Intense. They both are still awesome scents

I'll stick with the original release of the Sport flanker. I'm fine with it.

I have the original, this reform definitely sounds interesting!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

ha!
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Hows the longevity and sillage of the new formula? The old one was very weak in both categories.
    I bought Dior Homme Sport 100 ml EDT yesterday. Think it's 1-2 months old.
    I get very good longevity out of this sport scent - 8-10 hours with 4-5 sprays.

In my view Dior Homme Sport is the best Sport designer frag - by far !

FYI I don't find it has any iris note at all, so I may have the old formulation, because I hate iris and therefore hate Dior Homme/Intense
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

DHS was possibly my next Spring/Summer frag purchase. I usually don't go for sport frags but this one I actually like. Hope they didn't mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    DHS was possibly my next Spring/Summer frag purchase. I usually don't go for sport frags but this one I actually like. Hope they didn't mess it up.
    I only own and like 2 sport frags -

*1* Dior Homme Sport
    *2* Chanel Allure Sport

Both are good, but Dior Homme Sport actually is great (on my skin it lasts 10-12 hours with 5-6 sprays)
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

I like the original homme sport as well (didnt try the reformulation) and i got good longevity out of it, ~8hrs with 4 sprays. So i would expect the reformulation to have about same one.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I bought Dior Homme Sport 100 ml EDT yesterday. Think it's 1-2 months old.
    I get very good longevity out of this sport scent - 8-10 hours with 4-5 sprays.

In my view Dior Homme Sport is the best Sport designer frag - by far !

FYI I don't find it has any iris note at all, so I may have the old formulation, because I hate iris and therefore hate Dior Homme/Intense
    Sorry to trouble you, but whats the batch code for your two bottles? I might go round looking for the reformulated but i would need a rough idea when was it done haha

Thanks in advance
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    Sorry to trouble you, but whats the batch code for your two bottles? I might go round looking for the reformulated but i would need a rough idea when was it done haha

Thanks in advance
    Where did I say I have 2 bottles

I have one Dior Homme Sport and it says 1Y03 in the bottom.
    Don't know whether this is the reformulated juice or what ?
    Bought it 2 days ago.
    The spritzer head is black with a dark red belt and dark red dot inside the spritzer.

I always throw the box away the minute I unwrap my perfumes, so don't have that anymore.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

What is up with dior and reformulating all their mens fragrances? Well they wont tell the public it is to cut costs so youll hear another story from them.

You got me curious about this one AntonPan, the Sport version was the only one that i never liked. From what you described i guess i need to check this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Where did I say I have 2 bottles

I have one Dior Homme Sport and it says 1Y03 in the bottom.
    Don't know whether this is the reformulated juice or what ?
    Bought it 2 days ago.
    The spritzer head is black with a dark red belt and dark red dot inside the spritzer.

I always throw the box away the minute I unwrap my perfumes, so don't have that anymore.
    That's the old one. The new one has a silver spritzer.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    That's the old one. The new one has a silver spritzer.
    Thanks.

Great that I got the old one, as I hate hate hate Iris and all about the Dior Homme/Intense frag
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Having sampled the old version I finally decided to purchase it. Got home and found out that it has silver sprayer. I can definitely smell the difference in the opening. The reformulated version is not as sharp as the old one. Instead of sharp lemon, I smell more of an orange note, a little similar to Eau d'Orange Verte. Initially disappointed but at the end I found the reformulated version more balanced. The drydown is very similar if not the same as the vintage.

I also sampled Chanel Alllure Sport, but I found the drydown a bit too sweet to my liking. Usually I'm not a sport fragrance fan but I think its always good to have a summer crowd pleaser.

What I didn't like about the original DHS was its sharp opening, which lasts for about an hour. Maybe I'll like this reformulated version. Thanks for the info.

Absolutely agree.

This is one reformulation i don't mind because i don't care much about the scent (DHS).

cheers

Don't really care much about the Sport version....I'll much prefer going for Dior Homme Cologne

Well if this really has that signature Iris note then this reformulation is amazing news to me. The original DHS really felt out of place in the DH line. The Iris/ginger combo sounds delightful. Looks like it could be a refreshing , unique and classy hot weather fragrance.

I'm glad I have the original, I like it. I don't really need another Dior Iris frag. Still I'm interested to see how it smells.

Here is the official olfactory note description from the "Dior homme paris" website.

"Immediate grip that provides the fruity freshness of the citron of Sicily. A call that begins with a tonic heart dominated by the Iris of Tuscany, noble and elegant. This highlights the manly Iris fragrance that belongs to the family of Dior homme. Ginger of tanzania which deploys its charms. Spices, floral note that the Dior homme family own lives in the composition of Dior homme sport. The conclusion is played around the wooded Virginia cedar, absolutely masculine, which distills its mystery and power."

Translated originally from French so there may be a few grammatical errors.

The composition sounds good to me. The bottle looks quite awesome too. What do you guys think ?? I'm super interested in trying this one out!
    Last edited by Gerard_Butler; 5th March 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Really Really REALLY beautiful botte. The most beautiful from the entire collection until now (Dior Homme vintage/current, Intense vintage/current, Cologne)

Im interested in the smell. Its really weaker than the vintage?

Dependent

Is it me or is that red ring in between the sprayer and 'tube' new? Now if the new DH Sport has iris, I would definitely go for it!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I was really exited by a summer iris.

I went to get a sample of the new Dior Homme Sport. The best part is the bottle. I also like the new packaging...

Iris top note last 5 minutes, after that, it's a sort of bad Live Jazz, weak, no projection, last 1-2 hours. 92$ for 50ml of water ?

Quote Originally Posted by grauzone View Post
    I was really exited by a summer iris.

I went to get a sample of the new Dior Homme Sport. The best part is the bottle. I also like the new packaging...

Iris top note last 5 minutes, after that, it's a sort of bad Live Jazz, weak, no projection, last 1-2 hours. 92$ for 50ml of water ?
    hmmmm unfortunate that you didn't like it , I'm yet to sample it, hope it works out well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Try Prada Infusion D'Homme.
    I love and own both Infusion Homme & Dior Sport, but they are very far from each other to my nose.

Very far away
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Just tried it today, found it in Sephora. I like the bottle and the package better on the new formulation.

Its 2 hours and 1/2 now since i sprayed it. In the opening, i can sense the Iris clearly and even now i can still smell it. The new formulation is not so harsh, the ginger is toned down compared to the original and i much prefer it this way compared to the original homme sport for which i found the ginger a bit too strong.

Projection seems about the same in the first hour, after that there seems to be a slight advantage for the old formulation (from what i remember). Cannot speak about longevity yet but i expect around ~6hrs, same as the old version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    Just tried it today, found it in Sephora. I like the bottle and the package better on the new formulation.

Its 2 hours and 1/2 now since i sprayed it. In the opening, i can sense the Iris clearly and even now i can still smell it. The new formulation is not so harsh, the ginger is toned down compared to the original and i much prefer it this way compared to the original homme sport for which i found the ginger a bit too strong.

Projection seems about the same in the first hour, after that there seems to be a slight advantage for the old formulation (from what i remember). Cannot speak about longevity yet but i expect around ~6hrs, same as the old version.
    Sephora in what country?

Has anyone else seen this reformulated version in any Sephora stores in the U.S. yet? I would really like to try this to see if it's any better than Kenzo Power Cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    Is it me or is that red ring in between the sprayer and 'tube' new? Now if the new DH Sport has iris, I would definitely go for it!
    The old one had the red ring too. What's new about this is the cap. The old one, if you took the cap off the entire cap is transparent. This one has that black thing in it like the Dior Homme ones. Also, the chrome ring is new.
    Last edited by Ete; 30th April 2012 at 03:04 AM.

Hey guys, just stumbled across this thread while searching for dior homme sport. i sampled this fragrance in Sephora around mid-december 2011 and thought it was quite nice. does anyone know if this might have been the new one or the old one..? I'm in the US if that makes a difference. Just wanna make sure I hunt down the right one! Any insight would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    Hey guys, just stumbled across this thread while searching for dior homme sport. i sampled this fragrance in Sephora around mid-december 2011 and thought it was quite nice. does anyone know if this might have been the new one or the old one..? I'm in the US if that makes a difference. Just wanna make sure I hunt down the right one! Any insight would be much appreciated!
    It's probably the old one. The new one was released in 2012 I believe (at least according to fragrantica). Also, if it looked orange it was the new one; the old one is almost clear (very, very light color).

I got interested in fragrances when I smelled Dior Homme back in 2005.
    I have never really found any perfume that I loved untill then.
    So I was in love with it since then.
    When my mother gave me the Sport version instead of the original one I was disappointed, especially because it didn't remind me of the original at all.
    But I somehow became a fan of the Sport.

I just tried the new version yesterday and I cannot say what I think actually.
    It's different form the old version in my opinion..only the drydown is slightly similar.

I think I liked the old one better. I love the lemon opening and I can smell the ginger and the drydown is divine and long lasting.

New version is not warm like the old one and it smells like..well..fragrance...while the old one smelled like the real thing. Like you have been cooking something made of lemon and and ginger and you had the smell of them in your hands. And lasting power is not long like old one at all.

New version surely is much more similar to the original Dior Homme, but I think they're too similar in a way now. I don't see why someone would like two iris perfumes that smell almost the same now.

I guess I'll just have to save my almost ending bottle of the old formula of DHS. And switch to Azzarro Chrome Sport for the lemon fix.
    Sad sad sad.

I like the new version much better than the old one! You had the same impressions as me.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I too like the new version more than the original formulation. The Dior Homme line is like an old friend to me. Adore it.