Code of Conduct

Default Article: Miss Dior Chérie to become Miss Dior

I can't pinpoint *exactly* why, but I find this news incredibly annoying. I suspect that there are a multitude of reasons.

As for the possibility of 'Shalimar Parfum Initial being renamed Shalimar...' Don't even joke about it!

Blog Entries

Does Miss Dior Chérie outsell the original Miss Dior by a wide margin? If so, I could see the reasoning behind the change, but it does seem guaranteed to engender confusion with buyers.

I'm with Ratfink on this - annoying. The "real" Miss Dior will always be the right one in my book.

Default Re: Article: Miss Dior Chérie to become Miss Dior

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Does Miss Dior Chérie outsell the original Miss Dior by a wide margin? If so, I could see the reasoning behind the change, but it does seem guaranteed to engender confusion with buyers.
    Apparently Miss Dior Chérie is something like the 5th best selling fragrance in the world.

No fan of either scent, myself but what a load of nonsense for those who are. Clearly Dior/LVMH simply have no sense of tradition or respect for long-time, loyal customers. What a shame. I absolutely understand why some are annoyed; I would be too if either of these were one of "my" treasured scents.

Why bother? Maybe they're doing it to drum up some more attention. It probably doesn't cost much to change the labels.

I thought this had already happened?
    I've seen numerous bottles in department stores without the Cherie.

Default Re: Article: Miss Dior Chérie to be renamed Miss Dior

I expect the original Miss Dior's days are highly numbered...

This is soo sad. Miss Dior is one of my "best ever" and I am really shocked. But then...everybody who loves Miss Dior is better off to buy the vintage juice for some years now anyway.
    Quel mépris!

There goes the neighborhood.

I love the "original" Miss Dior. Very akin to Vol de Nuit. What they did was to create a flanker, then rename the flanker after the original, than change the name of the original scent.

???

The original Miss Dior hasn't been "original" for years. No-one cares about the classics nor the history of fragrance. The only concern is sales. Great, great shame.

I'm a fan of Miss Dior - never smelt the vintage stuff, got mine last year - and I love it. This development does worry me.

Jeez, glad I've got a lifetime supply of the "original."

Blog Entries

GASP! What will happen to Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau? Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Printemps? Or Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet? This is a worrisome anti-trend! The very idea of flanker names getting shorter! Harrumph!

I suppose it's the last death throw of the real Miss Dior...

I love Miss Dior, a lighter version of Vol de Nuit.

I saw the new bottle of the former Miss Dior Cherie with the new name at Sephora.

really don't see the point of this exercise except creating a lot of confusion for consumers. can imagine many cases of peoply buying the wrong perfume... really hope they do not phase out the original miss dior...

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Article: Miss Dior Chérie to be renamed Miss Dior

Really the whole business of changing the name is ridiculous and makes me think even more poorly of LVMH. I have seen the new Miss Dior Originale bottles and I also seen, shuddered at the new Miss Dior minus the Cherie. It's stupidity at the very least and yes I'm pretty annoyed. I love the real Miss Dior not the imposter LVMH has hoisted upon Sephora.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Seems like I heard that the guy who created Miss Dior Cherie 2005 version supposedly said something anti semitic so that is why they fired him and "enhanced" the formula as I was told in 2011. They DESTROYED it is what they did! I don't care who said what! YOU DON'T MESS WITH WOMAN'S PERFUME!!! And now they just go back to calling this new "enhanced" version (minus some key notes) Miss Dior from 1947 but they still sell THAT version under Miss Dior Original? This is CRAZY! They should have fired the guy, kept everything the same and been done with unnecessary...change. Who knows what the real story is.