Code of Conduct

Question Body Lotion recommendations

Looking for recommendations on body lotions, I recently discover that I have dry skin that needs to be moisturized once or twice a week, any recommendations....

Many thanks in advance.

GF

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Body Lotion recommendations

Nivea lotion for dry skin works fine for me. Don't buy the normal, blue one, it's crap if you have dry skin.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Nivea too, the Nivea Body Lotion Essentially Enriched Daily, don't know if it's the same as Russell. Shea butter even better (like l'occitane), though it takes longer to apply.

I also have some Le Labo's cream, excellent creaminess, though of course they are very expensive. The Oud 27 one gives out a skanky muskiness - good or bad depending on taste. The Iris one smells excellent, but has a funny reaction if I apply it after the swimming pool.

In addition, for dry skin, it's also important to shower with an appropriately mild product - I like Eucerin oil.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

I use the standard/cheapest/supermarket one in the white bottle for dry skin. Used to purchase expensive lotion from the chemist but this works just fine. For the face I still use something expensive from the chemist that I have to import from abroad, just to be on the safe side. I used to have trouble with dry/sensitive skin when younger but the milder weather in the UK helps quite a bit, and not drinking and other precautions.

From the lightest to the very heavy cream type

- Kiehl's ultra deluxe hand and body lotion (grapefruit)
    - Santa Maria Novella Latte per il corpo ( my personal fave very light yet super moisturizing )
    - La roche Posay Lipikar body milk
    - Kiehl's Creme de Corps
    - Egyptian Magic Creme ( for super duper dry skin and it is quite greasy )

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cetaphil. I use their facial soap as well. It works great, leaves you feeling clean but doesnt dry your skin.
    They have a facial lotion as well with UV protection

Many thanks for all your sugestions!!

I use to have the Santa Maria Novella Latte per il Corpo Uomo - Body Milk for Men, but I have problems with the medicine aroma, I don't know if it was a vintage bottle but stinks for me.

I decided to try the low cost ones and actually I am using the nivea (withe bottle) hidratation express: http://www.nivea.fr/Les-Produits/Soi...tation-express

It is a bit sticky on me and smell weird but it is not bad. Wondering if it worth expending on expensive products....
    Last edited by GentlemanFarmer; 11th February 2012 at 08:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like this one, and it is unscented, affordable and available in large size bottles:

http://www.amazon.com/Alba-Botanica-...8978193&sr=8-1

IMO body is too large of an area to use expensive product; I will buy good stuff for my face and hair though.

What makes more of a difference than which lotion you use, is applying the lotion DIRECTLY after toweling off after a shower, while your skin is still just slightly damp. This way it can lock in moisture that is already in the skin (moisture is actually water, not the oils - oils just help your skin to hold onto its water); and, as cacio wrote, also be careful not to use soaps that are too drying.

Hope this helps.

I personally like Aveeno naturals daily moisturizing lotion. Seems to do the trick for my dry skin.

I second the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing. Keeps skin hydrated all day, non-greasy, and light. One of the only body lotions I feel comfortable putting on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanFarmer View Post

I use to have the Santa Maria Novella Latte per il Corpo Uomo - Body Milk for Men, but I have problems with the medicine aroma, I don't know if it was a vintage bottle but stinks for me.
    I dislike the scent for the Men's body milk too and i do get the medicinal aroma as well. On the other hand, the Body milk for women smell good and not too loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    IMO body is too large of an area to use expensive product; I will buy good stuff for my face and hair though.

What makes more of a difference than which lotion you use, is applying the lotion DIRECTLY after toweling off after a shower, while your skin is still just slightly damp. This way it can lock in moisture that is already in the skin (moisture is actually water, not the oils - oils just help your skin to hold onto its water); and, as cacio wrote, also be careful not to use soaps that are too drying.

Hope this helps.
    Totally agree with what robin said. Some cheaper product like jergen is even good enough for the body. The trick is to use the lotion consistently as well as immediately after shower.

Though i said it that way, truth is, i still like buying expensive stuff too...sometimes it's just nice to indulge hahahaha

As far as high end stuff goes, the Malin + Goetz bergamont lotion was really amazing to own, lasted several months with regular use, had a great light texture that absorbed effortlessly, and smelled fantastic. It's pretty expensive though, around 40 bucks for the medium sized bottle if I remember correctly.

Has anyone had experience with the lotions from Aesop? I've always loved their packaging and have wanted to try some of their products.

Post Thanks / Like

Vaseline for Men
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

Aveeno

Believe it or not, I use the lotion used in hospitals called Convatec Aloe Vesta Lotion:

This is unscented and I use it before applying fragrance.

http://www.amazon.com/Aloe-Vesta-2-n...9896163&sr=8-1
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Avoid the ones that contain mineral oil, liquid paraffin and synthetic silicones. They will dry the skin even more. You will be surprised how most of what is available for you to buy contains the above materials.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hempz body butter. Incredible. Very thick but non greasy.

Lasts a long time. Try it out and let me know!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hempz body butter. Incredible. Very thick but non greasy.

Lasts a long time. Try it out and let me know!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Neutrogena Moisture Wrap Daily Repair Lotion for over a year now and its hands down the best lotion I've used in long long time. I've been a pretty hardcore lotion user on my arms since I turned 18 and started getting my colorful sleeve tattoos. I use lotion everyday pretty much year round. Ive tried most anything you can get your hands on. Aveeno does make a really good lotion. Malibu Hemp Lotion is another really good one that I would use more often if it just dried a little quicker.

Hi,

Skin is considered one of the most important organs on the body. A radiant skin is the first preference among the men and women. Here i would like to recommend the products of clinique. For a radiant and younger looking try out the products of clinique.
    Clinique Bonus Days

Post Thanks / Like

Seconding especially Neutrogena and Nivea.

Post Thanks / Like

How about pure coconut oil?

Coconut is one of the most versatile foods good for health and the oil is not only good for cooking but also hair and body (any paleo lovers around:-) )

Take a shower and wash, apply some coconut oil, wait for a few mins and shower again. Lets the oil soak into naturally and you will be left with a rich wonderful glow to your skin.

Once or twice on a weekend ensure full coverage for the week :-)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2