Code of Conduct

Default Roberto Cavalli Black

What are your opinions of this fragrance? And how is the longevity/sillage?

Many thanks!

Default Re: Roberto Cavalli Black

Funny thing is I have a friend that swears by the stuff, I've never tried it though. Give Canali Style a try too, I really like that one.

It`s perfect for the night-club. Sillage/longevity is quite good on my skin. I will absolutely recommend this one!

I wasn't terribly impressed with Cavalli Black. I only managed about four hours of wear, and the sillage was modest at best. It never really lived up to its black moniker, it gave me a grey fusty vibe that wasn't terribly engaging. It's not too expensive, but I would still try before you buy.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I love Cavalli Black. I think its a well made frag. It was my SotD on Christmas day and i got 6+ hours longevity from it. Moderate sillage (and i am a powerhouse nut).
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    I love Cavalli Black. I think its a well made frag. It was my SotD on Christmas day and i got 6+ hours longevity from it. Moderate sillage (and i am a powerhouse nut).
    I love it also. I get about 6+ with this scent. It has a moderate sillage, but I recommend you try it before you buy it.

In the same league as St. Dupont Noir. Longevity and sillage on me are as same as previous opinions.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Ah, Cavalli Black. I actually just picked up a bottle of this. This, after telling myself I was not going to go full bottle on it.

First, like all fragrances ( or most) that are given the name "Black", Cavalli Black is not really a black scent in the literal sense of the word. A trendy fragrance, I'd say it is a modern sweet amber fragrance. Has a nice tonka bean in the dry down. I don't think there is any vanilla. And the one of the things that impresses me about it, is that the sweetness is quite moderate ( considering it is a trendy fragrance).

The longevity is good. It stays on my skin ( chest) for a few hours. I would say over 8. But it certainly does not last on my arms. I do have dry skin, so keep that in mind.

The sillage and projection is not so good. Cavalli Black does wear close to the skin after the first couple hours or so. But, if you want something to wear and don't want others to smell you too much, this is it. Otherwise, you could overspray I suppose. Nice day wear for me. Too quiet for "going out". Thats just my opinion.

Overall, a decent fragrance at the right price. Cool bottle, by the way.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

How is the coriander note in this? Does it smell like cut up cilantro?

RCB is a well balanced mix of lavender, geranium, white musk and tonka. Don't wear it often, but I really like it.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Girls really like this one, I get a lot of compliments from it! Its special, spicey and the longivity is great on my skin.

Actually I do think this is a great ""goin out" freg!

@edit: lol diddnt know this is a antique thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlebooth View Post
    I wasn't terribly impressed with Cavalli Black.
    Nor was I.

I would suggest this before Armani Code, which i find it fairly close to and superior than.

strongly suggest it in that case, otherwise im not so sure.