Code of Conduct

Question Good gourmand for college kid?

OK i really enjoy new haarlem but am on the fence about it. I was told it smells too much like maple syrup by others. I want something that smells similar but don't like rochas, play intense,and angel men. I have tried dior homme intense but i think it was the reformulated one, did not really care for it. Finally can't find guerlain extreme for the life of me. Just listing off what i have come across and don't like, are there any other options out there that give good projection and longevity like new haarlem?

Default Re: Good gourmand for college kid?

Very Irresistible by Givenchy

Basenotes Junkie

I didnt care for rochas man, A*men, Play Intense, but I do like Pure malt, new haarlem and lolita lempicka au masculin
    Last edited by Vince23heat; 10th March 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by JJfresh View Post
    OK i really enjoy new haarlem but am on the fence about it. I was told it smells too much like maple syrup by others. I want something that smells similar but don't like rochas, play intense,and angel men. I have tried dior homme intense but i think it was the reformulated one, did not really care for it. Finally can't find guerlain extreme for the life of me. Just listing off what i have come across and don't like, are there any other options out there that give good projection and longevity like new haarlem?
    How did you sample Dior Homme Intense?

have you tried any of the A*Men flankers?

my cousin has the extreme, and not really a Amen fan. I have tried original, pure malt, and was not impressed. Gave me a headache. Any other ideas? i hear lampika does last long and has a jeager bomb smell to it lol.

thanks moore ill look into those, hear good things about NdN

Another for Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin

Try Body Kouros. It's cheap but smells just as good as the other saccharine scents mentioned.

You might give Blue Sugar from Aqualina a shot. It's certainly as sweet (or even sweeter) than New Haarlem. But instead of maple syrup, you get a burnt sugar, licorice, and cotton candy type smell over a mild patchouli and cedar base. Some love it, others hate it, but if you like gourmands, it's definitely unique and worth a try. Plus, you can buy a 100ml bottle for around $20.

Others you might check out (not exactly gourmands, but nice sweet fruity/spicy/woody scents), include Paco Rabanne's 1 Million and Black XS. Both are really nice sweet fragrances that work very well for college aged guys. (and girls love both of these).

Banned

Frapin 1270:
    I relish the beautifully orchestrated gourmand of Frapin 1270 ... initially, one is treated to a whiff of candied orange, lovingly coupled with peppered raisins and varied nuts, and floral hints glimmer as well ... this pleasure-inducing opening yields to a exquisite stew of cognac, sandalwood and amber, which truly anchors the sweetness of the opening and avoids its cloying, so magnificently so, that the spiciness augments the potent, boosy concoction of the heart ... these remarkable, middle notes binding with that promising opening truly transforms the senses to percieve a woodiness that conjures up aging barrels fattened by delightful and fruity cognac ... thence the soothing and warming base, with its honeyed vanilla and woods, beckons to a mellowing drydown ... singularly done ... decent sillage and good longevity ... a lovely and unique gourmand fragrance, wherein the notes complement each other so wonderfully ...

Rochas,
    Hanae Mori,
    Frapin 1270
    Ambre Narguile

I love ny for all bond no 9 is excellent
    As is the frapin 1267 mentioned above
    Keiko mecheri loukoum du soir is the best of this group as its not very powdery
    Hope it helps

isn't 1270 notorious for weak longevity?

anyone know about Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot?

Givenchy Play Intense

Quote Originally Posted by JJfresh View Post
    isn't 1270 notorious for weak longevity?

IMO, it has TERRIBLE longevity. I was really disappointed because I loved it for the 45 minutes it lasted.

Pure Havane if you can get your hands on it.

yeah, not a huge fan of muegler. I am also really enjoying ysl libre, it last really long on my skin. I know its nothing spectacular but it definitely has this mint cocoa/peppermint patty vibe, and the ladies seem to love it.

Ambre Narguile
    Hanae Mori
    Noel au Balcon
    And if you're willing to try something a bit more feminine, Elixir des Merveilles is very good.

Jo Malone Oud and Bergamot is pleasant. It's dark and rich, and it seems pretty unisex to me. Not a loud, attention-grabbing fragrance like A*Men.

yea every A*men I've tried has either induced a headache or nausea.