Code of Conduct

Default Creed Green Irish Tweed for Aventus. Fair Trade?

So I have a 4.0oz bottle Creed Green Irish Tweed about 80%left and im interested in trading it for maybe 2.5oz bottle of Creed Aventus. I just wanted to ask if it is considered a fair trade from both parties. Lately GIT has been cheaper than Aventus and I just want to make sure I dont try and rip anybody off or get ripped off myself. What do you guys think?
    Top 5 Favorite Fragrances:
    1) Creed Aventus
    2) Creed Millesime Imperiale
    3) Kiton Black
    4) YSL M7
    5) Gucci Pour Homme II

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed Green Irish Tweed for Aventus. Fair Trade?

sounds fair to me. but you really gotta trust Aventus to go through with it. just my take: I feel this one is over-exposed and over-sold. Creed is having a hard time keeping up with demand, and shipping weak, underdeveloped juice out to customers in the hopes that they'll age in the bottle enough to mask a noticeable decline in quality. Until this scent loses its mega-hit status and gets sent to the backseat by newer releases, it'll be made at a breakneck pace and continue to irk Creed customers who try to wear it. overwhelmingly it seems those who buy new bottles find it awfully weak and with poor longevity. If the demand eases up, the scent will start getting more attention and probably smell a lot better than it currently does. Me? I'm waiting years before buying a bottle of Aventus. There are some guys on here who have good batches, however, and are looking to do splits, so if you can track them down maybe they'll hook you up.

If both parties are fine with it then it's fair IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    sounds fair to me. but you really gotta trust Aventus to go through with it. just my take: I feel this one is over-exposed and over-sold. Creed is having a hard time keeping up with demand, and shipping weak, underdeveloped juice out to customers in the hopes that they'll age in the bottle enough to mask a noticeable decline in quality. Until this scent loses its mega-hit status and gets sent to the backseat by newer releases, it'll be made at a breakneck pace and continue to irk Creed customers who try to wear it. overwhelmingly it seems those who buy new bottles find it awfully weak and with poor longevity. If the demand eases up, the scent will start getting more attention and probably smell a lot better than it currently does. Me? I'm waiting years before buying a bottle of Aventus. There are some guys on here who have good batches, however, and are looking to do splits, so if you can track them down maybe they'll hook you up.
    hooey, Aventus is great, even with its variations, if they exist ... you'll do well with the trade you mention ... in the words of Lt. John Dunbar of Dancing with Wolves, fair trade !

If you like Aventus and get a good batch its a fair trade?

I like GIT better, though I'd say that if it's worth it to both parties, then it is a fair trade!

Love em both. Fair enough trade I suppose.

Yes it's fair enough, all of the recent batches of Aventus have been quite stellar IMO

djvix805m, if I had a 2.5 of Aventus I would make that trade, as I prefer GIT. Have you tried Aventus?

Sur la Plage

No, it's not.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Banned

sorry, they're both must-owns!

LOL, what are you smoking? All reports are, the new batches of Aventus are MUCH better than all previous releases other than the original batch. Almost everyone has been saying nearly all 2011 batches of Aventus have both incredible longevity and projection. Some even say it lasts over 10 hours.

2010 batches are the ones you gotta worry about. Lots of variation in scent, longevity, and projection...

As for this thread, if you're tired of GIT and like the smell of Aventus, then yeah, it's a good trade. I'd make sure the batch of Aventus you're getting is a good one first though.

It's a fair trade if you don't care much for GIT anymore and really want Aventus. Both are great fragrances IMO, I wouldn't do it because I love both.

Seems fair. Even with a split 75ml of Aventus would be about $125. You can find GIT for $120 for 125ml.
    You may have a hard time finding anyone willing to give up their Aventus for your GIT though.
    Be careful, you can get in trouble for threads like this also.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit166 View Post
    LOL, what are you smoking? All reports are, the new batches of Aventus are MUCH better than all previous releases other than the original batch. Almost everyone has been saying nearly all 2011 batches of Aventus have both incredible longevity and projection. Some even say it lasts over 10 hours.

2010 batches are the ones you gotta worry about. Lots of variation in scent, longevity, and projection...

As for this thread, if you're tired of GIT and like the smell of Aventus, then yeah, it's a good trade. I'd make sure the batch of Aventus you're getting is a good one first though.
    You've pretty much supported my original message on this topic here, Gambit.

"All reports are . . . " that you have provided absolutely no examples of who is doing the reporting. I can't tell you how many guys on here have complained about their bottles of Aventus smelling weak and underdeveloped. And since it's a brand new scent with only two batch years - with one of them total dreck by Creed standards - then giving what you've said about the 2011 batches the benefit of the doubt, you have a 50/50 chance of either getting a good or bad bottle of Aventus. You like those odds? Anyone got a coin? To be trying to trade a Green Irish Tweed in the hopes of getting a "good" Aventus . . . nah. I wouldn't want to do that.
    Last edited by MOONB; 21st January 2012 at 04:13 AM.

Double post.
    Last edited by djvix805; 21st January 2012 at 06:48 AM.
    1) Creed Aventus
    3) Kiton Black
    4) YSL M7
    5) Gucci Pour Homme II

Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    djvix805m, if I had a 2.5 of Aventus I would make that trade, as I prefer GIT. Have you tried Aventus?
    Yes I currently have a small sample and I have really liked it. Worn it about 5 times and really like it.
    Last edited by djvix805; 21st January 2012 at 06:48 AM.
    1) Creed Aventus
    3) Kiton Black
    4) YSL M7
    5) Gucci Pour Homme II

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    sorry, they're both must-owns!
    This is the way I feel also!!!
    Gary

Banned

just my take: I feel this one is over-exposed and over-sold. Creed is having a hard time keeping up with demand, and shipping weak, underdeveloped juice out to customers in the hopes that they'll age in the bottle enough to mask a noticeable decline in quality. Until this scent loses its mega-hit status and gets sent to the backseat by newer releases, it'll be made at a breakneck pace and continue to irk Creed customers who try to wear it.
    i respectfully disagree. Creed has no incentive to rush subpar products to the market. if anything, a little delay and/or short supply would even further the hype and desire for this product. kind of like what Apple and Sony do with hot new products. Creed knows that the buzz around Aventus makes it likely to be a lot of people's introduction to the company. They would never squander that first impression with needlessly rushing subpar juice to the market.

overwhelmingly it seems those who buy new bottles find it awfully weak and with poor longevity.
    respectfully, this is just flat out incorrect, as others have noted.

first of all, there are a lot of people (myself, puddlemonkey, etc) who have very "good noses" and see this whole batch thing as a complete farce. I've owned three batches now... the very first (E01), an early 2011 (J01), and a more recent one (K04). I am honestly not lying to you when I say that there is no discernible difference between any of them.

that said, they ALL smell different depending on the situation. my body temperature, the outdoor temperature and more importantly, humidity. how pure your nose is at the time of wearing. all of these factors and more make a big difference in how Aventus is perceived.

and even if you do buy the whole batch farce, those who also buy into it state that the latest few batches have been superior to earlier ones.

peace

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    i respectfully disagree. Creed has no incentive to rush subpar products to the market. if anything, a little delay and/or short supply would even further the hype and desire for this product. kind of like what Apple and Sony do with hot new products. Creed knows that the buzz around Aventus makes it likely to be a lot of people's introduction to the company. They would never squander that first impression with needlessly rushing subpar juice to the market.

respectfully, this is just flat out incorrect, as others have noted.

first of all, there are a lot of people (myself, puddlemonkey, etc) who have very "good noses" and see this whole batch thing as a complete farce. I've owned three batches now... the very first (E01), an early 2011 (J01), and a more recent one (K04). I am honestly not lying to you when I say that there is no discernible difference between any of them.

that said, they ALL smell different depending on the situation. my body temperature, the outdoor temperature and more importantly, humidity. how pure your nose is at the time of wearing. all of these factors and more make a big difference in how Aventus is perceived.

and even if you do buy the whole batch farce, those who also buy into it state that the latest few batches have been superior to earlier ones.

peace

So I guess all that griping about Aventus when it was first released was a figment of my imagination. If what you're saying is correct, then threads like this wouldn't exist: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers

Hmmm . . .

I personally don't believe in batch variances with Creed, except with Aventus from undeniable coverage of it here on this forum, and with Silver Mountain Water, which I've tried twice and didn't recognize the second time around. Other than that, I'm with you here.
    Last edited by MOONB; 21st January 2012 at 10:37 PM.