Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Lorenzo Villoresi - Uomo - Simply A Wonderful Fragrance

I have been looking for a citrus type scent for the coming Spring/Summer and have been wearing Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo from a sample and it's simply wonderful.

Imagine if you are in the Mediterranean where a Italian garden full of fruit, shrubs and flowers is overlooking the ocean. As this opens with a citrus which has a kiss of herbal spice that leads into this earthiness.

After a while you start to experience a white musk within the composition which helps lift the fragrance out of the herbal earthiness.

What I find amazing for a earthy citrus scent is how complex and multi-faceted this fragrance is as it has real depth. When you smell it you are picking up many different aspects to it at once. You could spend a week wearing it everyday and still be surprised by picking up a new nuance to the scent.

From the refreshing citrus herbal spice which leads to a earthiness and herb spices comes the white musk that lifts the composition to the skies this scent is wonderful.

This has been tested from a vial and the longevity is average but for me this is a MUST BUY and a rare Summer/Spring scent that has complexity and depth. You will not get bored with this one as it is a million miles away from the average generic Spring/Summer scent that fills the shelves.

A big big thumbs up from me and I have somehow got to get this one.
    Currently wearing: Déclaration by Cartier

Default Re: Lorenzo Villoresi - Uomo - Simply A Wonderful Fragrance

it is absolutely wonderful and I agree on all points. a complex and entertaining citrus masculine, which is rarer than one would think.

Looking forward to trying this one and have a sample on its way already. Most of the time we have the same tastes in frags Jack. Could you compare this to any other frags out there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have been looking for a citrus type scent for the coming Spring/Summer and have been wearing Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo from a sample and it's simply wonderful.

Imagine if you are in the Mediterranean where a Italian garden full of fruit, shrubs and flowers is overlooking the ocean. As this opens with a citrus which has a kiss of herbal spice that leads into this earthiness.

After a while you start to experience a white musk within the composition which helps lift the fragrance out of the herbal earthiness.

What I find amazing for a earthy citrus scent is how complex and multi-faceted this fragrance is as it has real depth. When you smell it you are picking up many different aspects to it at once. You could spend a week wearing it everyday and still be surprised by picking up a new nuance to the scent.

From the refreshing citrus herbal spice which leads to a earthiness and herb spices comes the white musk that lifts the composition to the skies this scent is wonderful.

This has been tested from a vial and the longevity is average but for me this is a MUST BUY and a rare Summer/Spring scent that has complexity and depth. You will not get bored with this one as it is a million miles away from the average generic Spring/Summer scent that fills the shelves.

Nice review, Jack. Uomo is an AWESOME fragrance and easily in my top ten. I'm always floored by how fresh the ingredients feel and the complexity of the scent as it develops. It has such a classic appeal to it as well, without coming off stuffy or staid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Looking forward to trying this one and have a sample on its way already. Most of the time we have the same tastes in frags Jack. Could you compare this to any other frags out there ?
    I have not experienced any other masculine earthy citrus scent that has the depth and complexity of this aromatic fougere. They all seem shallow when compared to this one. The creator has done a amazing job of blending so many ingredients together to create a harmonious symphony of ever shifting notes that sing upon your skin.

The fragrance not only shifts on your skin whilst you are smelling it but seems to move into different stages from the citrus herbal opening to the earthiness. I went out early to meet someone and on the way I could smell the spicy earthiness shift into a light airy white musk and it lifted the fragrance from one completely different aspect to another. Wonderful!

Great Throbbing Member

It's a great one for sure. I like how it is well-blended yet you can still clearly smell the citrus, herb, vetiver and sandalwood components. Pity it needs reapplying at midday, but I expect that is due to the large proportion of naturals used.
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

A Great fragrance for sure.....In a class all by itself!!!
    Gary

Maybe I was smelling too many LV scents at the time, but I always thought that LV Uomo was the tame/standard one of the bunch.
    During the LV craze here of some 7or 8 years ago, Uomo had it's fans, but his other scents were far more popular here.

I must check it out again when I go to Italy (I can't find it any place convenient here in Australia).
    Regards,
    Renato

A close friend of mine likes this and wears it quite often, however I don't have the same enthusiasm for it he has.

this is a funny thread. I too have been looking for some spring/summer fragrances. I did a huge sample order last night and Uomo was one of them. Looking forward to trying it.

The first time I tried Uomo I was underwhelmed however I got the chance to purchase a small bottle at a decent price. After that, I was hooked. It is one of my all time faves and what's even better what I had the chance to go and visit the studio in Florence.

Uomo is great but by some others in the line is quite tame. Piper Nigrum absolutely blew my mind.
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

Gents, how does this compare to Cravache?

Your review kept reminding me of Cravache.
    for swap/sale:

Great Throbbing Member

Whilst they share several notes on paper, in practice they are very different, with Cravache way more floral.
    What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post

For all the reasons you stated, it's an outstanding fragrance from LV.

Nice description of the sort that makes me go back for a more careful sniff, thanks. I agree. It's a sturdy composition that can be worn several days in a row without fatigue, which is rare.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Thank you Jack for your thoughts on Uomo. I agree - it's certainly a great one in my book too.
    Currently wearing: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

I just got a decant of this yesterday and my first impression was very positive. I look forward to trying this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ralmeida View Post
    I just got a decant of this yesterday and my first impression was very positive. I look forward to trying this one.
    I tried this again this afternoon and in the drydown I experienced a haze of cool fresh spice and it was really enchanting. Enjoy that decant. Great fragrance!

Only a few minutes into this and off the top it kind of reminds me of a more masculine Colonia. Will see what happens but so far so good !

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Only a few minutes into this and off the top it kind of reminds me of a more masculine Colonia. Will see what happens but so far so good !
    Whats refreshing is instead of going down the usual floral/flowers route with this type of scent he uses green herbal and spicy notes. After extensive testing of my sample the only thing I was not happy with was the longevity, everything else was wonderful. Though if it was sprayed instead of dabbed that may have increased.

This thread is old but ... related question...
    I quite love the scent too.. I think. Haven't tried it on myself. I was planning to get this for my husband for Christmas. I see it's typically associated with spring/summer. I see that too when I smell it but the foodie and wannabe gardener in me associates spices and citrus with winter! And my husband's the type to just have one scent. Thoughts on this as an all-year-round kinda scent? Primary use would be for the office, so I figured it's totally suitable for that.

I used to have the car freshener sachet of this and Piper Nigrum. Always liked Uomo and had it along with several others (I was one of the original Piper Nigrum fans here, Yerbamate, Sandalo (which I found just too dry), and Acqua Di Colonia which I'm still savoring the last few mm's of, finding it to be one of the best of its kind. Haven't really bothered trying the newer Villoresi scents over the last several years as they seem to have become harder to come by in the USA.
    The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Hmmm, citrus??? I don't know. I have a bottle of this, like it for the summer. It is VERY manly, strict, somewhat harsh even. Yes, I think "harsh" describes it best, in my opinion. It is not for the soft at heart and must be used sparingly because it is powerful and has great longevity. Doesn't it have a heart of raw vetiver? I always thought it had.
    Last edited by Luis; 23rd November 2015 at 09:24 PM.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it during fall.

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Niche, vintage & discontinued stuff - Vintage feminines in!> Sale thread & Swap thread
    Currently wearing: Aoud & Pine by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    I used to have the car freshener sachet of this and Piper Nigrum. Always liked Uomo and had it along with several others (I was one of the original Piper Nigrum fans here, Yerbamate, Sandalo (which I found just too dry), and Acqua Di Colonia which I'm still savoring the last few mm's of, finding it to be one of the best of its kind. Haven't really bothered trying the newer Villoresi scents over the last several years as they seem to have become harder to come by in the USA.
    I love Lorenzo Villoresi's early fragrances. IMHO, you haven't missed much by not trying some of his most recent releases. There are so many of the older ones I still love, though - Uomo, Piper Nigrum, Yerbamate, Vetiver, Spezie. I even like Garofano which, I think puts me in the minority. I would have loved to like Theseus, which has good reviews in the directory, but I thought it was awful. I hope newer basenotes members will go back and sample his early creations, though. There are many gems to be found there!

Quote Originally Posted by rosetung View Post
    This thread is old but ... related question...
    I quite love the scent too.. I think. Haven't tried it on myself. I was planning to get this for my husband for Christmas. I see it's typically associated with spring/summer. I see that too when I smell it but the foodie and wannabe gardener in me associates spices and citrus with winter! And my husband's the type to just have one scent. Thoughts on this as an all-year-round kinda scent? Primary use would be for the office, so I figured it's totally suitable for that.

It's a great all-year type of fragrance. It's especially good indoors during the winter. It's not a heavy fragrance, but it isn't exactly light either. There are a lot of fresh notes and nice aromatic spices, but the base has this fantastic warm musk, that makes it versatile for the winter. I wear it a lot during the winter, as it's something of a warmer citrus fragrance.
    My wardrobe is up to date as of 2/12/15.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    It's a great all-year type of fragrance. It's especially good indoors during the winter. It's not a heavy fragrance, but it isn't exactly light either. There are a lot of fresh notes and nice aromatic spices, but the base has this fantastic warm musk, that makes it versatile for the winter. I wear it a lot during the winter, as it's something of a warmer citrus fragrance.
    Ah interesting and great feedback, thank you!

You can like or not, but one thing is clear, this is a well made fragrance.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

A versatile signature-scent classic IMO. I had a bottle of it among a shipment destroyed by the UK customs and this thread just reminded me why I got so pissed off with Royal Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I love Lorenzo Villoresi's early fragrances. IMHO, you haven't missed much by not trying some of his most recent releases. There are so many of the older ones I still love, though - Uomo, Piper Nigrum, Yerbamate, Vetiver, Spezie. I even like Garofano which, I think puts me in the minority. I would have loved to like Theseus, which has good reviews in the directory, but I thought it was awful. I hope newer basenotes members will go back and sample his early creations, though. There are many gems to be found there!

Uomo, while classical in nature, has a few left turns in there as well. Patchouli, vetiver and rosewood play opposite the typical citrus and spice structure to give it more (and perhaps unique) depth. There were times some of those notes, particularly the patchouli and rosewood, stood out perhaps a bit too much in the deep dry down where I had to ask myself just what exactly did I spray in the morning? His Patchouli was another scent I had a full bottle of, but couldn't warm up to it as it was soooooo potently "patchouli" straight from the bottle. At the time I wasn't too much into patchouli-based scents and wished I would have given it some more go-rounds as it, particularly as a main note, really needs a little time to develop.
    The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage