Code of Conduct

Thread: Xerjoff Kobe.

Basenotes Plus

Default Xerjoff Kobe.

My goodness this is lovely. I'm getting neroli, rose & the gentle citrus is just divine. Everlasting and quite beautiful. Although I only have 10ml I am going to Rome in a few days and along with a visit to Lorenzo Villerosi I will be paying a visit to the Xerjoff boutique. The only thing that is nervous is my wallet....god this is good.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Default Re: Xerjoff Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    The only thing that is nervous is my wallet....god this is good.
    it's not rape if you enjoy it

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

I just received a sample of Kobe this week? Unfortunately it was a massive disappointment to me.

There is just something wrong about it, it reminds me of a dirty dish cloth that has been soaked in Fairy washing up liquid and left to go stale. Yuck!

Wow, I know fragrance is subjective but I couldn't disagree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Apep View Post
    I just received a sample of Kobe this week? Unfortunately it was a massive disappointment to me.

There is just something wrong about it, it reminds me of a dirty dish cloth that has been soaked in Fairy washing up liquid and left to go stale. Yuck!
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Chanel Egoiste Platinum, Creed Green Irish Tweed, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

I like it, but the price is very high. If that's not an issue then go for it and enjoy!

It is an oud and citrus combo... odd but very beautiful and unique. I think it is the oud you are perceiving as dirty. I'd try it a few more times and see if you can get past that, if you can it really is a standout, very high quality frag.

The quality of ingredients used in the Xerjoff line, particularly Kobe, is astounding. If I am not mistaken, the line is marketed to wealthy Russian aristocrats. If not, it certainly smells like it is! Kobe uses top quality neroli with a little oud wood and spice. The neroli here is rich and indolent. Probably one of the best neroli scents for men (along with the diving PdN Cologne Sologne and MGP Pour le Jeune Homme). If you're going to the Villoresi boutique, be sure to smell their Acqua di Colonia, which is the best extant cologne featuring natural, bare neroli at its finest.

Hmmm... I don't mind Oud so much, I have a few bottles of the original M7 and M7 Fresh upstairs that I use every now and then.

To be fair I did test it straight on to my skin and that could well be the problem. I'm willing to give it another chance, but on paper first perhaps.

I own Kobe and absolutely love it. Not many frags worth high price tags but this one is definitely worth it.

I tested Kobe from a sample and it made me euphoric.
    I haven't tried all my Xerjoff samples yet but this one is probably the best.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I don't mind Oud so much, I have a few bottles of the original M7 and M7 Fresh upstairs that I use every now and then.

thank you for admitting your tastes are suspect at best

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    Still, quite the improvement yours then... ;o)

Tried it from a sample given to me but it wasn't right for me.

Basenotes Institution

Hmmm... I don't mind Oud so much, I have a few bottles of the original M7 and M7 Fresh upstairs that I use every now and then...
    You, sir, need to smell REAL oud. When you do you will understand what we mean when we say 'dirty'.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Good stuff. Gets The Beck's approval.

Enough is enough. I gotta find a sample of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    You, sir, need to smell REAL oud. When you do you will understand what we mean when we say 'dirty'.
    You made a generalization about something that is very specific to only a few varieties of Oud. No sir, you may be the one that needs to try real Oud.

If price is an issue you can get the discovery set which has 6 15ml minis including Kobe. All fine scents imo.

Gets my thumbs up. My No.1 is still Nio, but my bottle of Kobe and other Xerjoff's get used.

I really think it's the best masculine neroli around. It transcends the typical soapy-barbershop approach (C&S) and while smelling very "classic" is really innovative. And while the pricetag makes you gulp, for once, the quality really is there.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matire/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pntrent le verre.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    You made a generalization about something that is very specific to only a few varieties of Oud. No sir, you may be the one that needs to try real Oud.
    I have tried dirty/skanky oud and non-dirty skanky oud - I like both. Neither of them smell anything like M7 I'm afraid.

-- Jack Kerouac

I've tried Kobe several times and love the fragrance. My partner does not think its that special - so I have not bought it. It does smell pretty different from most neroli scents. I almost think neroli is incidental to the overall composition. It is not fresh or eau de cologne style but the fragrance riffs on the wood aspects of neroli and becomes warmer and more wood oriented. There is a faint smell of warm orange wood inside. Ah neroli! I will probably have to break down and get a bottle someday.

Kobe is one of the most stunning fragrances I have tried. This one and Uden are on my wish-list. Just curious: How many sprays do you use ?

I never find I need more than two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I never find I need more than two.
    Are the projection and staying-power the same on both Kobe and Uden? (I`ve only tried them from a sample)

I don't have much experience with Uden unfortunately so can't help you with that one.

One of the few unique Xerjoffs, and one of the few in the line where I'd actually wager they really are using higher quality materials (does not apply to much of the line, imo, unfortunately). A great scent. Lots of petitgrain bolstering that woody/neroli accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I don't have much experience with Uden unfortunately so can't help you with that one.
    -By the way, your inbox is full. My answer: Thanks, but at the moment, no..

Does it make no different to buy Xerjoff at eighter Parfumsraffy or Luckyscent? Or maby directly from their own web-shop? It seems like you get a free sample pack (5 pieces) of Xerjoff fragrances when you buy a Xerjoff bottle from Parfumsraffy. Any experiences?

You can request as many samples as your like when you order via xerjoff.com, Just do it there as you get free shipping/postage too.

Just sampled Kobe and Uden

To me Kobe is a better version of Aqua Di Parma Colonia Essensa with the neroli and rose (I get no oud from it whatsoever) and Uden is a better version of Versace Dreamer. Perhaps i'm being harsh because of the pricetag, but I would never spend $300 on 50ml of these.

I'm sampling Kobe right now, thanks to my good pal Oupavoc!

This is probably the best neroli I've ever smelled. So that's oud in the background? I don't get a whole lot of oud, but I'm no expert on oud, that's for sure. I love the woody/neroli vibe, and I'm getting the slightest hints of cinnamon maybe? That makes it slightly resemble the flat, chewing gum that used to come in hockey cards back in the day - anyone know what I'm talking about?

My only problem with this one is my problem with most neroli based scents - my wife thinks it smells like freakin' household cleaner! SONOFABITCH! She didn't like the opening of this one, but I'm an hour in, and maybe I'll try again, because it's much smoother now. Wish me luck!

Does Harrods in London and Gallerie Lafayette in Paris carry the Xerjoff fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Does Gallerie Lafayette in Paris carry the Xerjoff fragrances?
    nope for the galeries lafayette in Paris

Just sampled Kobe. My, my....very nice. I wish I had a bottle so I could spray myself 3 or 4 times with it. Much too expensive, however. This is one where a 10 ml split will have to suffice. Now, if I could only find one.

Basenotes Institution

Well RedRaider430, IMO Kobe is a scent that smells actually better, when lightly applied. Too many sprays sort of intensifies the neroli/oud and makes it a bit cloying, whereas one tiny spray in the middle of my chest lasts hours and hours.

An amazing scent, Xerjoff hit the jackpot with this one.

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Well RedRaider430, IMO Kobe is a scent that smells actually better, when lightly applied. Too many sprays sort of intensifies the neroli/oud and makes it a bit cloying, whereas one tiny spray in the middle of my chest lasts hours and hours.

An amazing scent, Xerjoff hit the jackpot with this one.
    Agreed. The best way to enjoy this scent is to go light on the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Enough is enough. I gotta find a sample of this stuff.
    Lolz, I'm with you!!
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Received a sample a while ago, one week after...I had a full bottle. This is one unique scent and imo its awesome.

I must confess I don't like this. I get an incense accord that rubs me the wrong way.

I really like this. The OB is not too intense. I usually do not like strong OB notes.

for swap/sale:

Like the other Xerjoffs I've tried, I feel like Kobe is very well made. Quality ingredients..very long lasting. However, I'm not a huge fan. One of the reasons is that it gives me an almost instant headache. I'll have to revisit it at another time to see if anything changes.

I feel that Kobe is definitely well made. It is a quality fragrance with a rich composition but it is just not my style. I am sure this well smell great on someone else.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Quite a nice fragrance, unique and the quality of ingredients and composition is apparent. I get a very clear and bright neroli with almost a starfruit like note, giving it a slight exotic feel. Though, I can't see myself paying the asking price for a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    Probably the most snobbish post in the thread.

Anywho, Kobe is fantastic. It reminds me of a less linear and more potent APOM with a lot more going on. On my wish list.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Not a fan. Every time I smell it, it reminds me of a citrus enchilada.

Fans of Kobe should try Sweet Redemption by Kilian.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Not a fan. Every time I smell it, it reminds me of a citrus enchilada.
    Hilarious.

-- Jack Kerouac

Hi. Is Xerjoff kobe available in 100ml bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by noirtomford View Post
    Hi. Is Xerjoff kobe available in 100ml bottle?
    Yes
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

This is quite beautiful. A very unique take on citrus. Wore reflection man on the other wrist to compare (they follow a similar theme IMO), and Kobe seemed to have so much more 'clarity', if that makes sense. Girlfriend was a huge fan. Seems very difficult to find for a reasonable price though.

Kobe was one of my favorites from this line. Not because of the citrus aspect, but for the oud that goes on it, which seems natural to me, so even if it's a synthetic one it has that oily, dry, new-rope smell that i only get on real oud fragrances. It's one of the few Xerjoff that i would have a full bottle.