Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Have you ever apply fragrance in your hair?

I heard that Canoe by Dana is a great fragrance to put in your hair... I'm going to try it... Have you ever tried putting fragrance in your hair???
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Dependent

Default Re: Have you ever apply fragrance in your hair?

A few times, and then the next morning when I wash my hair I smell the fragrance that I had all forgot about. All I can say is it holds much better there than on my torso/arms/neck due to the more oily nature of the scalp.

Back of the neck is a better place imo.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbar1104 View Post
    A few times, and then the next morning when I wash my hair I smell the fragrance that I had all forgot about. All I can say is it holds much better there than on my torso/arms/neck due to the more oily nature of the scalp.
    I wouldn't want to put the expensive fragrance in my hair, but maybe the cheaper barbershop scent like Canoe would do great...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Not directly but I have spayed the air in front of me and walked through it for that all over scent haze.

Cologne/Perfume attaches to hair very well an it makes it last longer. (So I've heard) But I Do every now and then.

Sur la Plage

Yes. Now I don't have any.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Not to the hair on my head, but onto my hairy chest, which always seems to hold the scent longer than on my bare skin.

No. I've never had the urge

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Yes. Now I don't have any.
    Same here

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

all the time... neck and hair when i wear long sleeve.
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

Always. Neck and hair.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Same here
    You think that practice helped the hair loss? Seriously asking here, not a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    You think that practice helped the hair loss? Seriously asking here, not a joke!
    genetic...

If I know what I'm going to wear tends to have crappy projection or longevity, I spray the hair on the back of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    No. I've never had the urge
    Nor have I.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos10704 View Post
    If I know what I'm going to wear tends to have crappy projection or longevity, I spray the hair on the back of my head.
    Yep, same M.O. for me...at least for me, it really helps with longevity/projection-challenged scents.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    genetic...
    I'd spray on my hair, but I don't want to risk the chemicals affecting my already shrinking hair amount...

Sure. If not directly to the hair I will at least do a spray and walk into it.

i do and its great for fragrances with average/poor longevity. i learned that from my wife.
    I am

Yes absolutely. But only when either the fragrance is a bit weak, or I need it to last / project more than usual: it’s much more prominent for other people when you do that than it is for you so beware of over doing it.

It is however a really bad idea if you have a wound on your scalp, as I happen to have a the moment . . . no don’t ask.
    A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.”
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

If the frag is really strong and it sprays out in a nice mist, you can spray the air in front of you and walk through it, getting a tiny amount in your hair. That often works very well.

I don't do this (due to product in my hair) but my wife does and it increases the longevity ten-fold. I used to spray my head when it was shaved but didn't notice much of a difference in longevity/projection, however this could have been down to our old nemesis, olfactory fatigue!

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Back of the neck is a better place imo.
    I agree.....I have never applied my fragrance in my hair.....The back of the neck is a far better choice!!!
    Gary

I always spray my chest!
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Banned
    Blog Entries

In my experience this is something done mostly by the ladies. My ex girlfriend liked to do it. I'd rather keep my hair, thank you very much.

Never really tried, I have pretty short hair length wise, but I will give it a shot tomorrow!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

I've done it. It does last longer, but you're not going to notice it in your sillage.

Unintentionally, yes, but the longevity and/or projection are not that different, in comparison with the usual application in more common spots of regular spraying/dabbing

Banned

i always put a spray to the back of my head, at the base of the hair. the heat that generates there and the hair acts as a diffuser. good stuff.

Always, hair has the best longevity. Try a solid perfume mixed in beeswax such as Oud Luban by Aftelier. WOW that's nice.

All the damn time for years now, i usually spray the back of my head on the divide between beck and hair. No hairloss or complaints of dryness.

It works really well in adding to the longetivity of fragrances and the sillage is good too.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Not yet.

I dont but my gf does sometimes.

I sometimes spray the nape of the neck, especially with quieter scents. Occasionally I spray my hair with Habit Rouge if in need of a 'pick-me-up'.

Hair deal works! Thanks mum

yes I have. it does increase longevity substantially.

back of the neck is something different. it's great for surprising yourself with your fragrance as you move about, without projecting huge amounts to other people.

When going out during the daytime, never. For, rather averse to the sun, I will almost always have a black fedora with me. I scarcely want my hat to become perfumed when it touches my hair. On the other hand, I certainly do apply fragrance - especially parfums - to the back of my neck, where it meets the hairline. It is one of the ideal places to do so.

Perhaps by chance, when I was applying fragrance in my eyes also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Perhaps by chance, when I was applying fragrance in my eyes also.
    LMAO!

Chance would be a fine thing.

(Isn't jealousy terrible?)
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I heard that Canoe by Dana is a great fragrance to put in your hair... I'm going to try it... Have you ever tried putting fragrance in your hair???
    i have an 50-60 years old bottle of canoe hairwater. the hay-like odor of canoe relates somewhat to the odor of hair that hasn't been washed with shampoo for a few days. it is nice on hair, but the problem is that the hair is too close to the nose. after less than an hour i can't smell it no longer myself, while others still can. also, i don't like the conditioner in hairwater, it leaves my hair too greasy for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    In my experience this is something done mostly by the ladies. My ex girlfriend liked to do it. I'd rather keep my hair, thank you very much.
    I don’t quite understand why it is you think something that is safe to spray on your skin is nevertheless going to damage your hair or make it fall out. And if it does do that why you think women are unaffected . . . and chest hair, underarm hair etc is likewise unaffected.

Is there some logic here that I’ve missed? Are there hundreds of thousands of former hair-perfuming women secretly hiding their baldness under wigs throughout the western world? Is it all a conspiracy on the part of wig-makers? The truth should be told!
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for

I often spray things that have longevity issues in my hair to get more out of them. (Caron Pour Un Homme!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bartlett View Post
    I don’t quite understand why it is you think something that is safe to spray on your skin is nevertheless going to damage your hair or make it fall out. And if it does do that why you think women are unaffected . . . and chest hair, underarm hair etc is likewise unaffected.

Is there some logic here that I’ve missed? Are there hundreds of thousands of former hair-perfuming women secretly hiding their baldness under wigs throughout the western world? Is it all a conspiracy on the part of wig-makers? The truth should be told!
    you made me smile.

talking about canoe, this stuff has changed quite dramatically over the decades. for the truly great canoe, get a yourself a bottle with a white cap and paper label from ebay. it's a classic fougere (not the later aromatic type) and one of the great masterpieces of masculine perfumery.

Banned

I spray on the back of my neck (nape), near my hairline ...

Chest / neck / hair on back of head / top of hands / top of arms when wearing short sleeves.
    Spraying on hair will make the fragrance last all day+. Just like when you spray on clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    Not to the hair on my head, but onto my hairy chest, which always seems to hold the scent longer than on my bare skin.
    Ditto
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Always

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    our old nemesis, olfactory fatigue!
    This is wildly off topic, of course, but I have vague plans to bottle tap water and sell it as fine perfume, at a premium price, under the name "Olfactory Fatigue." Please do not tell anyone.

It depends on how much hair one has!

Tom Ford Black Orchid has a fragrance made for the hair:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tom-ford...=keywordsearch

There is also fragrance for the beard, a concept which I enjoy a great deal, harkening back to the men of fashion of the 19th century: (I love the limerick posted by one reader! )

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2...o-1-beard-oil/
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Lapin X View Post
    This is wildly off topic, of course, but I have vague plans to bottle tap water and sell it as fine perfume, at a premium price, under the name "Olfactory Fatigue." Please do not tell anyone.
    At the risk of going further off topic, to my certain knowledge water has already been sold as fine fragrance. Distilled water rather than plain old tap admittedly, but water without added fragrance of any kind, just the same. In the case I’m thinking of it was an accident in the production facility . . . but bottles had already gone to retail before the mistake was discovered and remarkably few were returned . . . and no I shall not reveal the name of the house or the fragrance!
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett

NoPPPPPPPPPP

I don't, but I've learned this from a few girls over the years who would pull out their perfumes in class. They all suggest it for longer lasting scent.

I shave my head, so NO
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Yes I do. It is a great trick for weaker fragrances to increase projection. Works every time.
    - Expect the unexpected

Looking through this thread now, but I've been experimenting lately and thought I'd share. I found that the hair helped with longevity A LOT. I have New Haarlem on right now and it lasts for much much much longer. However I think it lacks in the projection department, as I think the neck projects better and I am touching the top of my hair now and neck and the neck definitely feels hotter, thus aiding in projection. Has anyone else experimented? I also believe that spraying over a wider surface area helps with greater projection, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Regrett View Post
    Has anyone else experimented? I also believe that spraying over a wider surface area helps with greater projection, but that's just me.
    no, that's not just you. it gets more diffusive.

i also like to put some fragrance in the hair on top of my wrists, when i apply in that area (my usual behaviour.) in my experience, the stuff on the hair lasts longer.

Banned

No. I leave that to long-haired girlfriends. Part of the sensuality of long female hair for me.