Code of Conduct

Default FragranceX.com Purchase - EXTRA CHARGES

I'm planning to purchase a few bottles from fragrancex and planning to use either a coupon code or free shipping with them (to Canada). I plan to make them all in one order so they are all sent in one package, and also with 10% off i would be able to save more money.

However wheni called them they said i would be charged extra customs taxes if my order exceeds $150, so i'll have to seperate my orders to under $150 each to avoid the extra duties/customs charges. I can do that however i wouldn't be able to take advantage of the savings if i order them all in one order.

Does anyone know of fragrancex is saying this to canadian orders on purpose so they make more money, or is it really true canadians will be charged customs if their order is over $150. they said the system chooses which company to ship, if its a large order , DHL will be used and there will be customs charges but if its a small order Canada post will be used and there will be no customs charges, and they have no control of which shipping company is used, their system chooses it automatically.

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FragranceX.com Purchase - EXTRA CHARGES

Well, I am not sure that just by going Canada Post you avoid customs. That has not been my experience. Maybe you have to prepay the customs if DHL is used, versus having to potentially pay them on delivery with Canada Post. As for their system picking the best way to ship... This is quite common, but usually they are the ones who decide what the parameters are... not the system itself. In effect, yes, the system may choose the ship method, but it is acting on the matrix table the shipping company designed (in this case it looks like they decided under $150 is the cutoff for Canada Post shipments).

In any case, I do not think they are intentionally doing this to get extra money off you (even if that is the net result of their actions). Just my opinion though...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Another thing is on their website it doesnt mention about the $150 maximum for Canadian orders, it just says duty free for all Canadian orders, and if you end up being charged customs I highly doubt they will refund it.

The last purchase i have made was around $190 and the customs i had to pay to pick up my package was $47

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it under $150 bro.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    In any case, I do not think they are intentionally doing this to get extra money off you (even if that is the net result of their actions). Just my opinion though...
    I don't think so either.