Code of Conduct

Default Polo Black as the most volatile scent!

Hi,

I bought Polo Black EDT and deostick one or two week ago. I guess I've already used quarter of bottle. After one or two hours, there is nothing! Even I've sprayed ten or more... I've never taken any feedback from people in around (negative or positive) I bought these two from Sephora. So I ask you, is it normal?

Default Re: Polo Black as the most volatile scent!

I have polo black, it's. Projects well for3 hrs but then it's stay closer to the skin for about another 4 hours but it's still detectable on me when close. I think it's just your skin, but then again polo isn't known for it's longevity. May I suggest Odin sunda it gives a similar melony/citrus smell.

Quote Originally Posted by JJfresh View Post
    I have polo black, it's. Projects well for3 hrs but then it's stay closer to the skin for about another 4 hours but it's still detectable on me when close. I think it's just your skin, but then again polo isn't known for it's longevity. May I suggest Odin sunda it gives a similar melony/citrus smell.
    Yes, I see... PB have really low longevity even on my clothes not only on my skin...

By the way, unfortunately I don't think to find the Odin in my country. But thank you for suggest and reply.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsidi View Post
    I guess I've already used quarter of bottle.
    Wow! That's a lot of juice!

Polo Black won't offer stellar longevity. Hell, nearly all Ralph Lauren fragrances are sub-par in this category concerning newer releases.

My advice, especially because you bought this from Sephora (and they offer 2-3 samples free), is to ask for a small vial/atomizer from one of the SAs and test the fragrance out for a good week before you get your next purchase.

Hmmmm are you spraying in the most effective areas?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbar1104 View Post
    Wow! That's a lot of juice!

Polo Black won't offer stellar longevity. Hell, nearly all Ralph Lauren fragrances are sub-par in this category concerning newer releases.

My advice, especially because you bought this from Sephora (and they offer 2-3 samples free), is to ask for a small vial/atomizer from one of the SAs and test the fragrance out for a good week before you get your next purchase.
    Absolutely agree with you, I'll try this for my next purchase. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by We Came As Romans View Post
    Hmmmm are you spraying in the most effective areas?
    Actually I've sprayed in everywhere. For example, I spray in home, after 10 or 15 minutes later I get in car and my gf or other friends don't recognize if I don't tell them. Of course if gf comes close she recognizes naturally.
    Last edited by andrewsidi; 24th January 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Banned

spray each side of your neck just below your earlobes, and another spray on the back of your neck (nape), near your hairline, and one on your chest (optional) ...

&

try ... Uomo? Moschino by Moschino - One is initially treated to a crisp tarantella of bittersweet, citrusy kumquat and sweet and woody rosewood, tempered by an astringent and sour coriander. This fresh blend rapturously floats on a perfumed cloud, and eventually drifts to the awaiting middle. Here, in the heart, the fresh blend is supplanted by cyclamen, with its mildly sweet, floral accents, spicy and warm, cinnamon leaf as well as nutty clary sage, with its hint of anise. This invigorating medley flows to the waiting base. The refreshing base is a mixture of dry cedarwood, soapy musk and candied amber, moderated by antiseptic artemisia. An exhilarating and outdoorsy drydown ensues. This pleasant and masculine composition has average projection, albeit radiating, and excellent longevity. The quality to price ratio for this all-season fragrance is heavily skewed in its favor, given its inexpensive price.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    spray each side of your neck just below your earlobes, and another spray on the back of your neck (nape), near your hairline, and one on your chest (optional) ...
    Actually I've already sprayed like you've said. Also I'll try Uomo. Thank you for suggestion.

I have Double Black and have found the longevity to be less than satisfying, maybe 4 hours on my skin.
    Current top 3:
    1) Gucci Pour Homme II
    2) Givenchy Play Intense
    3) Dolce & Gabbana The One

Quote Originally Posted by Dean44 View Post
    I have Double Black and have found the longevity to be less than satisfying, maybe 4 hours on my skin.
    I've tested Double Black too. But it just like something different scent to me. I don't even feel mango smell on it. Yet I stuck on Polo Black for only this mango smell.

Anyway, I wanna ask you one more thing: is there any scent that makes feeling mango or aromatic smell like this? (not necessary contains mango accord, just impression like that) If you know please help me.

I've used the fragrance directory, and have found only four fragrance which two of them are Polo Black and Double Black and others are not available for me because of location and laws in my dark aged country.

I have two reasons about why am I searching another fragrance although I extremely like the Polo Black.

1. my topic subject, very very low longevity.

2. All parfumery staffs in my city say that "Polo Black and Double Plack are discontinued and don't coming any more" even though basenotes says in production. is it true or possible?

Please help me I'm about to go crazy with the questions in my mangolized brain!

Well... Thank you for no replies... I checked my Polo Black serial code on "checkcosmetic" it says that:

Date of manufacture:
    June 2008
    General shelf life: 36 months
    bad It looks like your product was manufactured more than 3 years ago.

I think this is the reason why it has too low longevity. Well, not the only reason of course, but also it is not known with well longevity.

Can you think that? I bought it from Sephora... With Sephora guarantee, what a shame...