Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee

L'Eau Boisee is what the regular Guerlain Homme had to be from its first appearance. They added in the original minty lime formula a handful of pepper from MJ Bang and earthy woodiness of Terre d'Hermes. So in the dry down we get a dryer version of Terre d'Hermes, or something similar to last year's masterpiece David Beckham Homme, but with a mochito background. Surely this one is the best Guerlain release by Thierry Wasser. The longevity is brilliant.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Sounds good, looking forward to trying this one.

Default Re: Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee

Big fan of Homme myself, so definitely looking forward to this as well. Thanks for the review!
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Thank you for generating interest in this new Guerlain. Must keep an eye out to try this.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Is it available yet?

I love the entire Guerlain Homme line.

Just been chasing around, researching this one - as it sounds so tempting. Apparently, it'll be available in the UK from Feb 5th. (Not sure where from, but I do know that Debenhams stock a good range of Guerlain products).
    Price is £46 for 80ml.
    (Info from www.thegroomingguide.com).

Sounds quite interesting.

Sounds good. I'll check at the local boutique.

It has better longevity and sillage than the regular homme?

Basenotes Institution

What's the bottle look like?
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Harrods have this in stock. Bottle on its way

A Guerlain Homme in a classy bottle... FINALLY!

***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

with box:

A Guerlan Homme loaded with Iso-E ? I'm not expecting alot. The original was much better after they toned down the sugar cane, the L'Eau is decent if too transparent...have yet to try the Intense. (if anyone wants to trade a decant of the intense, PM me).

Overall, I really like the concept and notes used in the line, so this is a must test.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I'm not expecting alot.
    Neither am I.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A Guerlan Homme loaded with Iso-E ? I'm not expecting alot.
    That's what I thought too as I was reading the description.

Also Selfridges stock it now. And I am reliably informed that they have a tester available, unlike Harrods.

And it's also in stock - from today - at Debenhams (UK). (For UK customers outside of London).

They have a tester too!
    Last edited by HDD8; 24th January 2012 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    L'Eau Boisee is what the regular Guerlain Homme had to be from its first appearance. They added in the original minty lime formula a handful of pepper from MJ Bang and earthy woodiness of Terre d'Hermes. So in the dry down we get a dryer version of Terre d'Hermes, or something similar to last year's masterpiece David Beckham Homme, but with a mochito background. Surely this one is the best Guerlain release by Thierry Wasser. The longevity is brilliant.
    Tonka Imperiale is the only Wasser creation that has wowed me thus far.

Also, I had no iea David Beckham Homme was considered a masterpiece
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

This was the one that was supposed to be a modern chypre that utilized vetiver in place of oakmoss, right?

Re: Beckham Homme, I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it is a very fine modern scent. A cross between TdH and Bvlgari Man.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Here's my 2 cents, after a first wearing. Caveat: I conservatively gave this 4 sprays only as I wasn't sure what to expect (normally I give Homme and flankers 6+).

This is basically Guerlain Homme L'Eau with better longevity and a bit more interest, acheived primarily (I suspect) through the addition of iso-e super as suggested above. I've been wearing it for 8 hours and can still smell it, although it is now at skin scent level. On first application, there is a noticeable pepperiness, which I thought clashed with the citrus. Fear not, within 30 mins, this has calmed down to a background luminosity which reminds me of TdH somewhat, but lacking the mineral quality of that scent. It's a subdued peppery/grassy vetiver, pleasant, but not of the magnitude that would appeal to vetiver addicts.

The citrus is the same as that of Homme L'Eau; grapefruit predominantly, with the mojito accord detectable for at least the first 4 hours.
    Boisee? Not really - there is less wood in this than in Guerlain Homme Intense, for example, although vetiver's classification as a woody note allows a get-out.

After 8 hours, the grapefruit is still detectable, along with the IES.

I can see this a being a good summer staple. It is also a very safe, clean scent suitable for the office. No, it is not a challenging wear, nor is it a new classic. But if you like Guerlain Homme (and especially Homme L'Eau) then chances are you will like this.

I'm not expecting alot.
    Same here, I'm afraid....

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

This is a lovely fragrance, I prefer it to the original homme, the homme is kind of indifferent, it doesn't really stand out. If you like Terre D'Hermes, then you'll like this, it shares some notes with Terre D'Hermes but it's not the same, but quite similar, its cheaper too. This is the only Guerlain fragrance that I would actually buy. I think it's quite woody and fresh. In fact IMO I think it shares some qualities with he wood by Dsquared2

I don't know why but I'm really really excited for this. Anyone know when it's going to be released in the US?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Yes, was going to ask the same thing......when will it be available in the US. I googled, but found nothing.

I tried this yesterday in Dublin. As some have already said, it's exactly the same as the l'eau, but with a huge dose of Iso-E in it. the first 30 minutes are the l'eau, after that all I can smell is the Iso-E.

I definitely won't be purchasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I tried this yesterday in Dublin. As some have already said, it's exactly the same as the l'eau, but with a huge dose of Iso-E in it. the first 30 minutes are the l'eau, after that all I can smell is the Iso-E.

I definitely won't be purchasing.
    Maybe im wrong, but every new " mainstream" release you try ,. i read they are disasters to your nose, could you tell me that i am wrong?

Anyone know if this is coming to the US? It's not even listed on Guerlain's website yet, but looks like it's already been released all over the UK.

Let me see...The Bay has had the new Homme Boisee on the shelves for over a week now but NO testers and NO samples.

Reminds me of when Halston launched its men's fragrance a couple of years ago. No testers or samples for weeks. Marketing brilliance.

WTF?
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Tried it today. Nice enough, but common smelling, with similarities to a weaker peppery version of Terre d'Hermes in the drydown. Nice limey top-notes, but they don't last long. Nicer bottle than Homme or Homme Intense, but, in my view, not as good as either of them. I tried it alongside the Intense version. My vote definitely goes to the Intense.
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 15th February 2012 at 02:08 PM.

I emailed Guerlain to find out if and when this is being released in the states. I am waiting to hear back from them.

I was in the Guerlain flagship store in The Hague today and the SA told me they would have it in store by the end of the month.
    Bummer: I expected it would be there already.

Unhappy Re: Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    I emailed Guerlain to find out if and when this is being released in the states. I am waiting to hear back from them.
    I just heard back from Guerlain. This fragrance is not being released in the US at all. Here's their email reply:

"Dear Sir,

I acknowledge receipt of your mail from 2/19/2012 and I thank you for sending it.

I regret to inform you that Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee will not be launched in the US market.

You can order Guerlain products by contacting our boutique Champs-Elysees in France at 00 33 1 45 62 52 57 or by email at champs-elysees@guerlain.fr (delivery expenses of 55 euros at your charge).

Thank you for your loyalty and interest in our brand.

Yours faithfully,

Isabelle ROUSSEAU
    Customer Service Department"

Well crap.

EDIT: Just a second: 55 Euros delivery?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post
    Maybe im wrong, but every new " mainstream" release you try ,. i read they are disasters to your nose, could you tell me that i am wrong?
    Excuse me? I am giving my opinion, nothing more or less than that. Whether I like or dislike a fragrance should be of no concern of yours.

And who deleted my previous response to this? The (over)moderation around here is really going to the dogs.

The bottle looks similar to the Gucci Pour Homme I and Pour Homme II designs.

[QUOTE=Shaheen;2466441]I just heard back from Guerlain. This fragrance is not being released in the US at all. Here's their email reply:

But, you can get it from Canadian retailers like The Bay. Hope this helps!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    So is either the mint or lime on top more prominent than in the original ? How about that sweet benzoin and sugar cane ? is Boisee slightly less sweet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Here's my 2 cents, after a first wearing. Caveat: I conservatively gave this 4 sprays only as I wasn't sure what to expect (normally I give Homme and flankers 6+).

This is basically Guerlain Homme L'Eau with better longevity and a bit more interest, acheived primarily (I suspect) through the addition of iso-e super as suggested above. I've been wearing it for 8 hours and can still smell it, although it is now at skin scent level. On first application, there is a noticeable pepperiness, which I thought clashed with the citrus. Fear not, within 30 mins, this has calmed down to a background luminosity which reminds me of TdH somewhat, but lacking the mineral quality of that scent. It's a subdued peppery/grassy vetiver, pleasant, but not of the magnitude that would appeal to vetiver addicts.

The citrus is the same as that of Homme L'Eau; grapefruit predominantly, with the mojito accord detectable for at least the first 4 hours.
    Boisee? Not really - there is less wood in this than in Guerlain Homme Intense, for example, although vetiver's classification as a woody note allows a get-out.

After 8 hours, the grapefruit is still detectable, along with the IES.

I can see this a being a good summer staple. It is also a very safe, clean scent suitable for the office. No, it is not a challenging wear, nor is it a new classic. But if you like Guerlain Homme (and especially Homme L'Eau) then chances are you will like this.
    I got virtually NONE of the benzoin or sugar cane of the original Homme in the summer L'Eau version. L'Eau was all about bitter citrus (not enough Lime or Mint) and transparently grassy, leafy green (hexenol-3-cis and a little vetiverol) and white musk. Does L'Eau Boisee feature the same lack of Mint, Lime, and benzoin/sugarcane ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory88 View Post
    Well crap.

EDIT: Just a second: 55 Euros delivery?!?!
    Now don't tell me that you didn't know that Guerlain ships via Zeppelin!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    But, you can get it from Canadian retailers like The Bay. Hope this helps!
    Do you mind sending me a link to a Canadian retailer that lists it online? I cannot find it anywhere except in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Now don't tell me that you didn't know that Guerlain ships via Zeppelin!
    Ahhhhh...that would explain it then.

The first hour is almost identical to the first hour of L'eau. Mentholated citrus/grapefruit is what you get. Then, a subtle at first and then stronger note of earthy vetiver kicks in nicely, which gives L'eau Boisee the strength and consistence that was lacking the L'eau version. the transition is smooth and pleasant, and this is basically where the scent settles for the next 4 hours.
    contrary to what others have said on various threads here, I think the citrus/grapefruit notes never completely disappear after the vetiver enters the scene, which I like.
    All in all this is not bad. it really improves on the L'eau version. Bottle worthy? For me yes, but maybe not for those who already own the L'eau version, as it is still pretty redundant of that one. However, keep in mind this is not a masterpiece by any stretch, just a good lovely spring/summer scent, and admittedly better than most of the competition.

The l'Eau Boisee version was a huge disappointment for me - it is overloaded with ISO E Super and smells even more generic than the original. Why is it that suddenly it's virtually impossible to find any frag with vetiver, pepper, cedar or sandalwood notes without a ginormous helping of this aggressive additive? I understand that it costs almost nothing and helps the bottom line but I dammit - am so tired of smelling it in almost every new scent.

The original Homme wasn't very distinguished, but at least it had a small saving grace of the yummy mojito accord (albeit, short-lived) in the opening. Now that theme is almost completely drowned in ISO E Super in the Boisee. Sad to see such a great house stooping down to the lowest common denominator. I wonder what Mr Wasser was thinking? "I know, let's capitalize on the success of Homme, but make the new flanker smell just like every other nostrils-tingling scratchy ISO E Super laden men's fragrance so it won't scare the undiscriminating customer away with anything resembling quality ingredients, style or originality!"

Sorry but I have to disagree here. The vetiver note in L'eau boisee is very nice, grassy/earthy, certainly not scratchy. I don't think it screams Iso E Super either, even though there might be Iso E in the fragrance.

I started another thread on this one last week:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/296...%29?highlight=

But I'm sure most of you have read it, its had over 300 views.

And to answer Dullah... no sugar cane in GHLB, exactly as you experienced in the first L'Eau. Not sweet, its zesty/boozy/grassy/smoky. The Mint, Lime and Rum are identifiable, I agree with you that they were not so much in the first L'eau, and they stick around about as long as they do in original Guerlain Homme. Also I'm not sure where the impression of Grapefruit is coming from for some people, I don't get that personally. The citrus is less bitter in GHLB, so my impression is it is just Lime.

Basenotes Member

L'eau Boisee is currently not available on this side of the pond. A friends who was in Paris brought a bottle back for me. What a delight. A very wearable scent, and the vetiver is just right. As with all citrus, the lime fades quickly. A nice scent to wear during the warmer months, and not overpowering, so it is a spot on office scent.

I just bought my bottle, and while i like it while it lasts, it turns to a skin scent later during the day. The vertiver here is magical, almost like the one found in encre noire but softened with nuances of rum and citrus. the rum-lime thing in the topnotes is very close to the actual mojito accord.

this scent doesnt really project well, though. I prefer this to GH or GHI, or l'eau mainly because i like my fresh scents to be fresh all the way and not go to a sweet, powdery thing afterwards. l'eau met what i wanted, but the lack of an anchoring basenote meant that it was not interesting enough for me. The vetiver was perfect, but the longevity and projection is disappointing. White musk is listed as the base note...did anyone get that?
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!

I bought this earlier in the year from an online UK fragrance site that was willing to ship to the US. It's a great fragrance. It's similar to L'Eau, but with a strong vetiver note and a dry, woody base.

the other disappointing part about this scent is that it dissappears in 1-2 hours and you need 6-10 sprays to get it to last the whole day.
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!

I have very dry skin, and I usually have longevity issues, not to mention sillage issues. Having said that, L'eau Boisee seems to last minimum of 6 hours on me. I can still smell it as a skin scent a good 12 hours after application. I do have to apply somewhat liberally due to my dry skin, but nothing extreme (no more than 6 sprays). I would say it's probably longer lasting and more potent than the original Guerlain Homme.

As far as the vibe I get from this fragrance, it's like Guerlain Homme L'eau meets Terre d'Hermes (with lime instead of orange). It's a very nice fragrance, I highly recommend it. For those that live in the US, there are several online UK fragrance stores that will ship here. Price and shipping are reasonable. You just have to shop around a bit.

I have tested it but ony my skin it is just horrible. it wasnt designed to me
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

Basenotes Institution

I tried this yesterday for the 1st time and actually found the vetiver drydown very satisfying. I hated the original GH.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle