Code of Conduct

Question Can anybody compare Vetiver Bourbon and Vetivet de Java (Il Profumo)?

i read the first is harsh, the second subtle (simplictically said). how about longevity (i like vetiver a lot but have a strong longevity issue with all i have tried) and which one is worth getting if i had to chose?
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 12, by quartets:
    1. Zafar, Onda, Tuba, Reve en Cuir
    5. Coromandel, Ex-Idolo 33, Bois D'Encens, Dia Man
    9. Ore, Montecristo, Danger Homme, Derby

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

Default Re: Can anybody compare Vetiver Bourbon and Vetivet de Java (Il Profumo)?

i can not believe that nobody knows both... i am a fragrance maniac already but there are bigger maniacs than me here. how about vetiver maniacs who have tried both?

Default Re: Can anybody compare Vetiver Bourbon and Vetivet de Java (Il Profumo)?

They're both good.I prefer the Miller Harris.
    VdJ I found lacking. It felt incomplete.
    The Miller Harris is also of high quality and intensity.
    Last edited by hedonist222; 25th January 2012 at 02:47 AM.

for swap/sale:

thanks Saif, very sophisticated way to not recommend them to me - first you say they are good, then the description afterwards makes me calm down and forget them.
    i even had to look in the dictionary for 'jiggy'... not promising for sure. saved me $150, thanks bro!

I apologize for the typo. I had no intention of writing jiggery, I actually don't even know what it could mean. Its an Android auto-correct.

I had meant too type high not jiggery.

I thoroughly recommend Vetiver Bourbon by Miller Harris. It is a reference vetiver perfume. You are able to clearly smell the Indian Ocean vetiver without too much interference from supporting notes.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I apologize for the typo. I had no intention of writing jiggery, I actually don't even know what it could mean. Its an Android auto-correct.

I had meant too type high not jiggery.

I thoroughly recommend Vetiver Bourbon by Miller Harris. It is a reference vetiver perfume. You are able to clearly smell the Indian Ocean vetiver without too much interference from supporting notes.
    hoow about longevity? VE by Malle does not last on me... i am still looking for vetiver scent that lasts...

Longevity is phenomenal with Bourbon Vetiver. Seriously the sillage and projection are outstanding.

for swap/sale:

thanks for all the info, my friend!
    only two more questions - i mean the one by miller haris, not by monotheme. we are refering to miller haris, right?
    second - what is your favourite vetiver in general? i suppose you know many, if you were not to own one, which one would you have bought first?

Yes I'm referring to Vetiver Bourbon by Miller Harris.

If I were to own one vetiver, coincidentally, it would be Vetiver Bourbon. Its a direct vetiver with very little interference or manipulation from other supporting notes. Vetiver at its purest form.

A very very close second place goes to Vetiver by Lorenzo Villoresi.

for swap/sale: