Code of Conduct

Default New Reminiscence ❀

Crazy Rem, a summer flanker to the salty/beachy Rem, is inspired by Miami's vivid colors.

Notes include Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Tuberose, Ylang Ylang, Monoi from Tahiti, Sandalwood, Vanille Bourbon, and Musk.

Default Re: New Reminiscence ❀

perfume as gadget, the accessory you change with your shirt.
    one for the beach, not to enhance your mood or you looks, no, just to make sure people talk about wether your suit fits the colour of your juice.
    bleh.
    having 50 fragrances, why not if your on a discovery trip, a historical collection, a collage of moods, much less meaningfull when it is as deeply thought out as your storage of socks.
    ego trip versus self expression, the line is thin..
    Vivre d’erreurs et de parfums.

Pour comprendre le bonheur, il faut le voir comme étant une récompense et jamais un but. (Antoine de St Exupéry).

Thanks for your reply I guess.

You know I'm all for criticizing fragrances, just not people who wears them.

oh I am sorry Lcdp ! I did not mean the bad feelings either towards you, nor even really to the (young) wearers who would chose this for its fun bottle en summery feel.

I am curious myself to smell 'Reminiscence' by Reminiscence after what I read on it, on the one hand,
    and I am also fautive of sometimes buying for the wrong reasons, on the other hand.

no, the 'fed up' mood was, is, against the industry - I mean Reminiscence has done 'nice' things, particularly for the young, and thanks to the succes of their patchoulis.

What really gets on my nerves is the ability of brands to create new 'needs' and impulses, while the market is already saturated with similar products,

not to mention the blindness we are keeping ourselves in when it comes to polluting the planet (and perfum collection is no innocent hobby under that light), yet complaining with some more or less well hidden anxiety at the obvious fast-paced climate change.

well there is a lot behind my cry and sigh,
    as well as a feeling of powerlessness.

here Lcdp thanks for the info, always.

Pour comprendre le bonheur, il faut le voir comme étant une récompense et jamais un but. (Antoine de St Exupéry).

No prob

One time I read on a blog that girls wearing Dior Addict were slutty... WTH?!

Let's keep it to the fragrances, and as much as I love Reminiscence, yes, Crazy Rem does look kinda cheap and empty.

the bottle looks cute ..for a 12 year old - since the number of perfumistas has increased 10fold since the avent of internet, it is to be expected some perfume houses should cater for pre-teens.

maybe this 'cuteness' is what irritated me - I could have been tricked not so long ago - and the juice is probably decent since it is by Rem, and in any case adequate..

but in the end .. I guess this is what hurts me - the realisation that with increasing my knowledge and perception of perfume(s), I have taken part in increasing the volume of mass production and fast pace of 'creation' for all.

well. anyone tested this one yet ?