Code of Conduct

Default Chandler Burr's Dirty English review

http://www.telegraphindia.com/109110...y_11704664.jsp

"Dior Homme Sport joins Hermes’ Terre d’Hermes and Juicy Couture’s Dirty English as one of the most astonishing and wonderful masculine scents in years. It is astonishing because each of these houses created something excellent for men in an industry where, normally, men are simply thrown stripped-down feminine perfumes or offered fragrances better suited to stick deodorants. And it is wonderful because Dior Homme Sport is, quite simply, wonderful.

Claude Dir’s work for Juicy (Dirty English was released in April 2008) is terrifically wearable, leaving a residue of downtown smoke and wood mixed with a weirdly mouth-watering charred gourmand. It smells as if a Sunset-Boulevard cowboy — a future LA rock star in Ed Hardy jeans — had accidentally burnt both his leather belt and his dark chocolate brownies, and bottled it. You have to hand it to Juicy’s creative directors Gela Nash-Taylor and Pamela Skaist-Levy: they decorate their stores with bubble gum jars, yet repeatedly allow their perfumers to do interesting, serious work. Dirty English is the late-model Corvette to French perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena’s Aston Martin. Terre, too, has a sleek masculine-adrenaline charge (from March 2006), but Ellena has refined and polished it to an ultra-elegant Monte Carlo glow."

Default Re: Chandler Burr's Dirty English review

Chandler's wrong again I see.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    Dirty English is the late-model Corvette to French perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena’s Aston Martin.
    Hilarious. Car analogies ...

My knowledge regarding Dirty English is as follows. The juice is brown. It contains that much iso E super, it is impossible to smell something specific in it.
    Last edited by WildThingy; 24th January 2012 at 09:21 AM.

This makes me want to purchase Chrome even more too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    BFD. Wear what you like. Not what other people say is good juice. I really like Dirty English BTW!

I like it as well. Therefore chandler burr is correct.

I've never tried Dirty English, but Chandler Burr is such an awesomely cool name, I want him to be right!

I like Dirty English, too. But there's no denying the overall synthetic feel. The Iso E super is much more wearable than, say, as it occurs in K. Cole's R.S.V.P.

Viva la Iso E super!
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 24th January 2012 at 06:07 PM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

There is something so gross about this scent. The funny part is how people recommend it to "bad boys" and "rockers".... if I smelled Dirty English at a sweltering hot rock concert, I would probably gag.

Terre D'Hermes is not a favorite of mine, but I would wear that 100x over before I ever put Dirty English on my skin again. Luckily the mini bottle of Dirty English I bought was less than $5 after using a coupon, or i'd be angry. :P

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    I've never tried Dirty English, but Chandler Burr is such an awesomely cool name, I want him to be right!
    I know right. It makes me think he changed it to that from Herman Shloymlberg or something.

The opening is pretty strong like if you are in a Buddhist temple .

I like the smell of Dirty English but its longevity is a joke - despite a fairly strong start. Its nearly gone after 10 minutes, even worse then the staying power of many of JCEs' creations. Therefor it is not worth even the relatively small asking price it goes for. Otherwise I could see myself wearing this from time to time though.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 20th April 2013 at 03:12 PM.

Basenotes Member

I've noticed he tends to like smoky / tobacco notes... maybe that's why he likes this so much.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Most of the over 100 reviewers (75 Positive, 23 Neutral, 13 Negative) of Dirty English in the Basenotes Directory give it a thumb-up, as I do.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

When it dries down I smell Chinese medicine . I smell lots of this in Asia .

Is this the same Chandler Burr who wrote "YSL's M7 smells like a car crash in the motorway" ?

Still have some smell from yesterday spray, I'm starting to appreciate DE better....smell pretty good.