Code of Conduct

Default Oud 27 and I have arrived!!

Oh wow! Just purchased and I feel as though I have arrived. Funky anamalic business here and I just pray the wife likes it as I do. Wish me luck.
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

Default Re: Oud 27 and I have arrived!!

Quote Originally Posted by wmim View Post
    Oh wow! Just purchased and I feel as though I have arrived. Funky anamalic business here and I just pray the wife likes it as I do. Wish me luck.
    Good luck!

Basenotes Institution

I will be VERY surprised if your wife likes it, I think Oud 27 is one of the few very challenging fragrances. I personally couldn't wait to wash it off me when I sampled it. However it sounds like you're enjoying your bottle, so perhaps you shouldn't put too much emphasis on what other people think of this scent, on you. I'm just saying...
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Maybe wear it and come home with some Roses to give to your wife to soften the smell and her mood.lol

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    However it sounds like you're enjoying your bottle, so perhaps you shouldn't put too much emphasis on what other people think of this scent, on you. I'm just saying...
    Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I am a bit slow but uh... well we are talking about my wife, and since we live together, it is kind of important that it doesn't repel her. But hey... maybe that's just me, eh?
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Maybe wear it and come home with some Roses to give to your wife to soften the smell and her mood.lol
    Great idea Jack. Maybe she'll associate the scent with gifts. Ha!
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

I'd say Oud27 beats MKK in the musky field. But a proposal: why don't you spray your wife so you can enjoy the smell on her?

Btw, the body cream is equally good, luxuriously creamy. And musky.

cacio

Dependent

Oud 27 is more challenging than MKK for sure! Blech not my scene but I respect the cajones behind releasing it.

I found my Oud27 sample really easy to wear, it did have the funky note going on I suppose, but it was more of a dusty/murky smell rather than anything really ominous.
    Great purchase though, I'll have to wear my sample a little more to get my head round it properly.
    I just don't really understand Le Labo I think, the whole, leading note in the title is actually not the leading note...

i have given it two full wearings - i don't it find that animalic... petroleum, bandates, heineken.... thats it.
    as far as wear, i even think it would appeal to horny teenagers... not in the way it would appeal worn by models during a show. women can wear this too. for me versatile scent huh? ... it is the first scent i wear that could make you project either very trashy, junky, or on the other edge - extravagant and poise.
    scent that needs further exploration by me.
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

offsite splits: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=617

current top 5, random order: Xerjoff Zafar, Vero Onda, Chanel Coromandel, Indult Reve en Cuir, Ex-Idolo 33

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

If the stuff is sexy as Musc Ravageur, i wish you strenght for the night. You will need.

it is not sexy, or at least not sensual... just something to strognly show up with, ... but if you can. demanding scent to the wearer.

current top 5, random order: Xerjoff Zafar, Vero Onda, Chanel Coromandel, Indult Reve en Cuir, Ex-Idolo 33

Oud 27 is sexy band aid ..... Amazing stuff

I'm in way too deep. I don't think I am able to smell scent anymore in the same way a layman would. I'm completely off the reservation.
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

i forgot to mention one of the most important things... the scent has poor longevity on me. 3 hours at the most.

It's inspired me to change my signature. What more can I say.
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

Quote Originally Posted by mspa View Post
    i forgot to mention one of the most important things... the scent has poor longevity on me. 3 hours at the most.
    Agreed. Got that after 1.5 hours in terms of how faint it became. Beautiful but faint. I normally care, but in Oud 27's case, I'm blind. I'll take whatever it gives me.
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

She loves it. What the $&@!

Match made in heaven.
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

Match made in heaven.
    metamorphose

Match made in heaven.

Perfect .

for swap/sale:

Banned

Oud 27 by Le Labo - One is initially overwhelmed by an animalic tango. A foul and sour oud partnered with an earthy, floral saffron give life to a miasmic melange of stale urine, foetid smoke, raw leather and slimy sweetness. For a time, this vomitous blend rankles, and is spewn to the rehabilitating middle. Atlas cedar, with its balsamic and evergreen woodiness, coupled with a refreshing incense suffocate the putrid piss and stenchy fumes, as well as rehabilitate the saffron with creamy and honey aspects and the oud with a bright and fresh aura. The awaiting base with its complementary guaiacwood imparts its pleasing smokiness and candied smoothness, aided by a mildly peppery and herbaceous patchouli. A prosaic drydown ensues. This edgy composition lacks projection and longevity.

Even though I find the soggy diaper note in Oud 27 to be quite vivid, this is also the only urine-scented fragrance that makes me sort of understand the appeal of urinous notes. I think it's quite a good fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post

Oud 27 by Le Labo - One is initially overwhelmed by an animalic tango. A foul and sour oud partnered with an earthy, floral saffron give life to a miasmic melange of stale urine, foetid smoke, raw leather and slimy sweetness. For a time, this vomitous blend rankles, and is spewn to the rehabilitating middle. Atlas cedar, with its balsamic and evergreen woodiness, coupled with a refreshing incense suffocate the putrid piss and stenchy fumes, as well as rehabilitate the saffron with creamy and honey aspects and the oud with a bright and fresh aura. The awaiting base with its complementary guaiacwood imparts its pleasing smokiness and candied smoothness, aided by a mildly peppery and herbaceous patchouli. A prosaic drydown ensues. This edgy composition lacks projection and longevity.
    Hmmm... that's a pretty good review!

I've owned Oud 27 for about 9 months now and it's been my most expensive purchase. I love it but I have to say it hasn't gone down well with my family - particularly my son. As for friends, about half like it and half think it stinks.

PS. I wouldn't describe it as 'musky' at all.

Not to dampen your spirits but, if your wife/friends like it......you could knock me over with a feather. I have never come across such a fragrance that can turn my stomach the way it did

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Not to dampen your spirits but, if your wife/friends like it......you could knock me over with a feather. I have never come across such a fragrance that can turn my stomach the way it did
    Ha! It's definitely not for everybody. It's my SOTD.
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

Your wife has good taste, that's for sure Congrats Wmim!!!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Banned

WMIM,

I also just discovered Oud 27. Last night actually. And my reaction was typical.... horrified at first, then in love with it after 3 hours.

On a philosophical level, this is why I love this hobby. Just when I think I've smelled everything, something comes out of left field and completely floors me with unexpected surprise. Even if you don't enjoy the smell of Oud 27, you should be happy it exists.

Oud 27 challenges your tastes and perceptions and in the end, it altered my scope of preference and taste. I love the raw dirty horse-stable like musk going on here, with the woods that come in after a while, deux ex machina style, to save the day.

I am in deep as well. Putting in an order for 100ml bottle this afternoon.