Code of Conduct

Thumbs up So I got Bogart pour Homme: Think Burberry London Minus the Pepper and Plus Longevity of Mustard Gas

So I love Burberry London... a lot! I think it's pleasant, well mannered lovely, sexy, refined, professional reviewers be damned, this is everything a cologne should be. But it lasts about 2-3 hours, and that kind of longevity just isn't acceptable. So what's a frag lover to do...carry a decant? hardly. So after reading some reviews of Bogart pour Homme comparing it to London, I thought I'd take a chance and order it; and wow; if you're a London lover this frag is an absolute MUST buy.

So what's it smell like, imagine Burberry London without the pepper, but ramp up the gourmand cherry aspects, that's Bogart pour Homme. It has all its cherry and tobacco up front and drys down to a warm silky fragrance. Unlike the Burberry though, it has the silliage of a nuclear bomb and lasts for 8+ hours. So now a public service announcement, or a word of warning, unlike the well behaved London, this sucker comes out of the bottle and hits your nose like a freight train, so some notes on proper application are required:

DO NOT SMELL THE TOP NOTES, it will burn through your nasal passages like a hot poker. The proper application is two sprays on a shirt, leave the shirt for about 15 minutes then put it on. After that, the resemblance to London will hit you like a ton of bricks. If you must apply to the skin, apply it to your back, NOT your chest. Like I said, this cologne means business and it's gonna make you work for those tremendous middle and base notes.

All said, this is one hell of a bargain, if you see it, aren't afraid of sweet scents, or, obviously, if you love London, buy it immediately.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: So I got Bogart pour Homme: Think Burberry London Minus the Pepper and Plus Longevity of Mustard

Is this one similar to Joop! Homme? I have and like Joop!, but am curious about Bogart, too. But not if the whole cherry thing is very similar. The maraschino cherry accord from Joop! is great, but I only need one frag like that.

Default Re: So I got Bogart pour Homme: Think Burberry London Minus the Pepper and Plus Longevity of Mustard

I own Joop! too, this is a totally different animal, Joop is a candied cherry, this is more a tobacco pipe cherry. But if you're a fan of Joop! Homme, I'd wager this would be right up your alley! Like Joop! Bogart pour Homme has really powerfully sweet top notes, but heavenly drydown! Bogart's top notes are actually a bit overwhelming and I find Joop!'s tame by comparison.

Dependent

I agree that BpH is ultra strong and the opening is extremely sweet ... unbearable

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    So I love Burberry London... a lot! I think it's pleasant, well mannered lovely, sexy, refined, professional reviewers be damned, this is everything a cologne should be. But it lasts about 2-3 hours, and that kind of longevity just isn't acceptable. So what's a frag lover to do...carry a decant? hardly. So after reading some reviews of Bogart pour Homme comparing it to London, I thought I'd take a chance and order it; and wow; if you're a London lover this frag is an absolute MUST buy.

So what's it smell like, imagine Burberry London without the pepper, but ramp up the gourmand cherry aspects, that's Bogart pour Homme. It has all its cherry and tobacco up front and drys down to a warm silky fragrance. Unlike the Burberry though, it has the silliage of a nuclear bomb and lasts for 8+ hours. So now a public service announcement, or a word of warning, unlike the well behaved London, this sucker comes out of the bottle and hits your nose like a freight train, so some notes on proper application are required:

DO NOT SMELL THE TOP NOTES, it will burn through your nasal passages like a hot poker. The proper application is two sprays on a shirt, leave the shirt for about 15 minutes then put it on. After that, the resemblance to London will hit you like a ton of bricks. If you must apply to the skin, apply it to your back, NOT your chest. Like I said, this cologne means business and it's gonna make you work for those tremendous middle and base notes.

All said, this is one hell of a bargain, if you see it, aren't afraid of sweet scents, or, obviously, if you love London, buy it immediately.
    Love your description and couldn't agree more.

Great review! This one has long been on my "to blind buy" list but I haven't gotten around to ordering it yet. I have a real soft spot for sweet tobacco scents.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I own Joop! too, this is a totally different animal, Joop is a candied cherry, this is more a tobacco pipe cherry. But if you're a fan of Joop! Homme, I'd wager this would be right up your alley! Like Joop! Bogart pour Homme has really powerfully sweet top notes, but heavenly drydown! Bogart's top notes are actually a bit overwhelming and I find Joop!'s tame by comparison.
    Good to know, thanks. The price is right with this one, so I may have to check it out.

I liked sniffing Bogart PH on my wrist, but didn't like wearing it much when I gave myself my regular six sprays of it.
    I haven't gotten around to trying lesser sprays, as that bottle leaked a tiny bit and infected my bedroom. So I gave it to my nephew who overdosed on it and used most of it up in a month.
    I have another unopened bottle of it somewhere, but I misplaced it during a house move. I'll find it one day.
    Regards,
    Renato

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I liked sniffing Bogart PH on my wrist, but didn't like wearing it much when I gave myself my regular six sprays of it.
    Woah, six sprays of BpH? I am surprised all of Australia did not smell you! One to two sprays of this sillage monster should be more than enough for even the most ardent powerhouse scent lovers... Oh, I love Bogart pour Homme, btw. :-)
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Interesting that people consider this a "powerhouse," a term usually applied to masculine '80s fougeres. It's nice to know that Bogart was channeling this kind of power as recently as 2004.

Well done MarquisdeSod !!!!! If your after the FRESH CHERRY TOBACCO smell of a pipe and tobacoo shop, here you go. BPH is the best inexpensive cologne in my collection...easily.
    Last edited by >BOOMER<; 25th January 2012 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks, I'll have to give it a try because I love London, but can't accept its wimpy longevity.

Dependent

You and your nephews surely caused some headlines over there.

Vacationers In Melbourne die in Heat- and Bogart-Pour-Homme-Wave

Wall of Cherry Tobacco Descends on City's Choking Inhabitants

So I love Burberry London... a lot! I think it's pleasant, well mannered lovely, sexy, refined, professional reviewers be damned, this is everything a cologne should be. But it lasts about 2-3 hours, and that kind of longevity just isn't acceptable. So what's a frag lover to do...carry a decant? hardly.
    Most fragrances don't last long on me so I always carry an atomizer of my SOTD. Have one of BL in the small pocket above the big pocket of my jeans right now.

Another tidbit I just discovered, the perfumier behind Bogart pour Homme is none other than Maurice Roucel. Also, Bogart pour Homme came out in 2004, Burberry London is 2006, looks like Antone Maisondieu took Roucel's scent, weakened it and added some pepper...

Very, Very interesting.