Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default How are new batches of Millesime Imperial?

I remember the 2009/2010 lacked a strong melon note that I loved in older batches, and instead had prominent floral notes.

Are the 2011/2012 batches any different?

the 2011 batch was great. it has a strong melon and most of all it actually lasts quiet a while.

Default Re: How are new batches of Millesime Imperial?

The last time I smelled this at Nieman Marcus it smelled fine but then again, I have a really tough time distinguishing one batch from another of anything.

I have a batch from 2011 and it is great...

My 2011 has a great melon top note.

2011 was great overall as far as CREED production goes.
    Find something with that year.

Ok great thanks! Will check these out. If anybody has gotten a 2011 batch from any online retailer, please let me know, along with the size you ordered Thank you in advance!

Anyone have the batch number(s) for 2011?
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Anyone have the batch number(s) for 2011?
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

c3311n01d

I heard the longevity on the 2011 batches are outstanding compared to the older ones.

As long as 2011 dials up the melon and dials down the salt, I'm taking the plunge again. I think my most beloved batch of MI was from 2009, but I didn't write the damn code down (might've been an 08). I had two 2010 batches and they were both salt heavy with poor longevity.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    c3311n01d
    Thanks...I don't know why it double posted.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    As long as 2011 dials up the melon and dials down the salt, I'm taking the plunge again. I think my most beloved batch of MI was from 2009, but I didn't write the damn code down (might've been an 08). I had two 2010 batches and they were both salt heavy with poor longevity.
    The 2011 batch I have has a balance between watermelon and salt, bit not the LUSH watermelon I had from a bottle back in 2006

My 2011 Batch is awesome! and for those who say that MI smells like unforgivable, they must obviously not know their fragrances. MI smells NOTHING like unforgivable. It's as if P diddy was going for that overall great scent of MI, but someone shit in his batch. These two smell nothing alike to my nose. It's pretty bad, but go for the MI, I received a 2011 batch and it's greeeaatttt. I ordered mine of fragrancenet.com with "basenotes" code and think I got it for like $140

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    My 2011 Batch is awesome! and for those who say that MI smells like unforgivable, they must obviously not know their fragrances. MI smells NOTHING like unforgivable. It's as if P diddy was going for that overall great scent of MI, but someone shit in his batch. These two smell nothing alike to my nose. It's pretty bad, but go for the MI, I received a 2011 batch and it's greeeaatttt. I ordered mine of fragrancenet.com with "basenotes" code and think I got it for like $140
    MI doesn't smell anything like Unforgivable, but it does smell relatively similar to Unforgivable Multi Platinum. When people compare MI to Unforgivable, they're usually referring to Multi Platinum and not the basic version.

"Unforgivable" should be called "Unwearable." But Multi Platinum is actually pretty decent. It can't touch a good batch of MI, but then again it's about a third the price (or was, before it was discontinued).
    Current Top Five:

MI doesn't smell anything like Unforgivable, but it does smell relatively similar to Unforgivable Multi Platinum. When people compare MI to Unforgivable, they're usually referring to Multi Platinum and not the basic version.

"Unforgivable" should be called "Unwearable." But Multi Platinum is actually pretty decent. It can't touch a good batch of MI, but then again it's about a third the price (or was, before it was discontinued).
    Agreed! I feel the same way

Agreed! I feel the same way

I have a bottle from 2008 which blows away bottles I've smelled from 2010 and 2011. The 2008 bottle smells rich and deep with the watermelon notes. Matter of fact I wouldn't have guessed the 2010 or 2011 bottles were of EDP concentration.

Really curious where to find a 2011 batch online. This is my next purchase

fragrancenet

fragrancenet
    I would but my experience with them sucks. Poor packing and shipping takes almost two weeks. Wish I was on the east coast like most who receive their orders quickly. I've been waiting for my New Haarlem order January 26th..

I also read that they shave off the serial numbers and cut them off the box. Same with Beauty Encounter.. Ah well

neiman marcus then....

neiman marcus then....
    Dont get me started on them...was looking for 2011 batches of GIT, MI and Aventus. Both SA rep came started taking the stock out and all they had in the 75ml was 2010. We all know that was a horrible year for creed. So anyways they didn't have any and the reps became mad and started arguing with me. There like you will never be able to smell the difference...and started laughing. I was like yes you can...compared my friends 2010/2011 batches. Then one of them goes on about the proper way to sample is in the morning right after you wake up...at this time I stopped listening and started walking toward the Guerlain counter.

Never had Beauty Encounter shave off the serial of anything I've ordered.

I still don't get the creed fascination, especially when it comes to this particular scent.

Just re-ordered MI from Fragrancenet since a few people recently reported getting great batches on recent orders from there.

I ordered Aventus, MI, and Royal Oud from FragranceX and sent the MI back to the post office 3 hours later for a return. I posted the batch # in another thread and two other members reported the same batch with the same poor quality juice.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    Never had Beauty Encounter shave off the serial of anything I've ordered.

I still don't get the creed fascination, especially when it comes to this particular scent.
    BE shaves MI serial numbers off; simple as that. And if you return a bottle because of the defaced number, you'll pay a hefty restocking fee, which they won't waive (though one person reported in another thread that they waived his after he called and bitched long enough).

I'm sorry if you don't get the fascination for this particular scent. All I can say is that the first bottle of MI I purchased, from about 2007 or 2008, was the most beautiful, perfect thing I have every smelled. I adopted it as my signature scent, and all was right with the world. But the bottles I've bought from 2009 and 2010 have been so different they've turned me into a typical Creed detective, compiling information about individual batches to try to see if I can find magic in a bottle again. I don't do it for any other Creed but MI.
    Current Top Five:

I just ordered a bottle from fragrancex, I'll update with the serial # when I receive it.

Anybody else order MI from them recently?

I got a good batch from fragrancenet. I live in northeastern USA so really can't wear it until spring/summer to get the desired effects but worth the purchase

Which size are you guys ordering with the great batch?

120ML. What did you get?

I only order the 75ml, will never use 120ml. Plus I like the looks of the 75ml better.

How they look different? The 120 mls looks awesome. They are clear now but you know yourself better than anyone. Lol. If you're not going to use that much then not worth it. I just bought the 120 ml bc the price difference wasn't that different and in the summer this scent is awesome.

edit.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I just ordered a bottle from fragrancex, I'll update with the serial # when I receive it.

Anybody else order MI from them recently?
    I did and sent it back the same day, ordered a bottle from Fragrancenet soon after. The bottle of Aventus from fragrancex is awesome though, I'm loving that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    I did and sent it back the same day, ordered a bottle from Fragrancenet soon after. The bottle of Aventus from fragrancex is awesome though, I'm loving that stuff.
    What batch number of aventus did you get from fragrancex?

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    How they look different? The 120 mls looks awesome. They are clear now but you know yourself better than anyone. Lol. If you're not going to use that much then not worth it. I just bought the 120 ml bc the price difference wasn't that different and in the summer this scent is awesome.
    They do look different, I dont like the square look that much, Only if they made the 120ml in the 75ml shape :P

120ml

75ml

U could always turn the 120 ml one into a flask after you use it all haha.

lol yeah, 75ml is more then enough for me tbh. My collection is growing pretty good so i kinda dont need 120ml.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Dont get me started on them...was looking for 2011 batches of GIT, MI and Aventus. Both SA rep came started taking the stock out and all they had in the 75ml was 2010. We all know that was a horrible year for creed. So anyways they didn't have any and the reps became mad and started arguing with me. There like you will never be able to smell the difference...and started laughing. I was like yes you can...compared my friends 2010/2011 batches. Then one of them goes on about the proper way to sample is in the morning right after you wake up...at this time I stopped listening and started walking toward the Guerlain counter.
    Well, if you deal with the public, youre going to have to deal with crazy people from time to time.....

Well, if you deal with the public, youre going to have to deal with crazy people from time to time.....
    Are you calling me crazy? :P

Quote Originally Posted by timandt View Post
    what batch number of aventus did you get from fragrancex?
    A42B11Y01

Its super smooth the entire time its on my skin. The balance of smokiness and sweetness makes me keep smelling my wrists, lol.

Mmmm. Lol. Can't wait for the '12 batches. Hope creed reads these and fixes it all up lol

If they do!

Has anyone else experienced with MI that it really really stands out in the summer. The heat makes the scent so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Are you calling me crazy? :P
    hehe

MI is actually the one fragrance I go through a lot of. Just because I use like 5-8 sprays each time I use it. Everytime I use this stuff, I'm reminded how damn good it is. It's not a projection monster, but it smells so good, I don't even care.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    MI is actually the one fragrance I go through a lot of. Just because I use like 5-8 sprays each time I use it. Everytime I use this stuff, I'm reminded how damn good it is. It's not a projection monster, but it smells so good, I don't even care.
    Well said, I always get great joy out of wearing this fragrance.

Has anyone had success with the 2.5oz bottles? Seems everyone is purchasing 4oz and posting results. I am close to ordering the 2.5oz tester from Fragrancenet and want to know what I am in for

Where to buy it? Fragrancenet or fragrancex? 2.5 or 4?

I went with 2.5 from fragrancenet

Fragrancenet

I'm curious to know if anyone has ordered from Fragrancenet lately and NOT received a 2011 batch of MI.

Quote Originally Posted by micah323 View Post
    I went with 2.5 from fragrancenet
    Let us know how it turns out, hopefully you get a 2011

yeah I echo the question above...anyone NOT got a good batch from Fragrancenet lately?

This user bought an MI tester http://www.basenotes.net/threads/294...and-MI-testers...

Didn't say where he got it. But he didn't seem too happy with his 2011 batch.

I hope you guys steered me in the right direction! I just ordered a 4oz from fragrancenet, hope it's the 2011. Anyone else got any experiences recently?

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I hope you guys steered me in the right direction! I just ordered a 4oz from fragrancenet, hope it's the 2011. Anyone else got any experiences recently?
    Please do report back on batch and how it is. I'm thinking of getting at least a 4oz and maybe a larger flacon from them.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

yeah guys please report back, need to know if there 2011

Basenotes Member

I have been wearing MI since 1999. Between 2005-8 I had two bottles that were "off". Both purchased at NM. Last March I bought a new bottle at NM and it's very nice. Presumably that bottle is a 2011 as the store I use has tremendous turnover. Having said that? The last time MI blew me away was in 2003. Whether the formula has changed, or subpar ingrediants? Beats me. Even in it's current production state it has a place in my quiver.