Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: How are new batches of Millesime Imperial?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornithorhynchusanatinus View Post
    OH NO!!! I thought the Aventus batch debacle was the only paranoid Creed problem..Don't tell me now we will have to see a million is my MI batch number 2323232 real?? threads!!!!
    Well, with Aventus you got smokier vs pineapple heavy batches supposedly, but generally Aventus is a monster and potency is great with all of them.

Millesime Imperial is weaker by default, so here finding the right batch is more important. Oh yeah there's supposedly some batches are too salty, and some that are just right with the melon balance.

I have a 4oz bottle, when new smell was so nice, since I have so many, but after few years not the same old smell, same with GIT the one in black bottle.

Anyone have LT3313T01? Just got this one from Fragrancenet. Light, pleasing.

Not sure what batch it's from, but my sample of MI recently purchased from CreedBotique is stout. Great projection and longevity.

Basenotes Junkie

Want to finally pick up a 4.0 oz from ebay and need a little help choosing. The batches available are LT3313Q01, AT3311Z01, A3313X01 and A331C08. Anyone smelled any of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    Want to finally pick up a 4.0 oz from ebay and need a little help choosing. The batches available are LT3313Q01, AT3311Z01, A3313X01 and A331C08. Anyone smelled any of these?
    I confess that I have no experience with the other batches, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

That said, I own the 13X01 batch and find that it is similar to the 13X01 of Aventus (which I also have) in that it seems to be well-balanced in all its notes - no single note is dominant (i.e., the opening watermelon, etc.), and because of this, it smells really complex. Your experience may vary, but I seem to get excellent performance with this batch.

Of course, much of what you will detect depends on how well the seller has stored the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTravisDiaz View Post
    the 2011 batch was great. it has a strong melon and most of all it actually lasts quiet a while.
    Bingo 2011 is most opulent well rounded batch of MI I've come across since the dawn of time thank God a fellow basenoter despised it and as the saying goes "one mans Garbage is another's treasure"
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    I confess that I have no experience with the other batches, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

That said, I own the 13X01 batch and find that it is similar to the 13X01 of Aventus (which I also have) in that it seems to be well-balanced in all its notes - no single note is dominant (i.e., the opening watermelon, etc.), and because of this, it smells really complex. Your experience may vary, but I seem to get excellent performance with this batch.

Of course, much of what you will detect depends on how well the seller has stored the fragrance.
    do you prefer this to the more melon dominant batches?

do you prefer this to the more melon dominant batches?
    Difficult question to answer if he hasn't smelt other batches.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    Difficult question to answer if he hasn't smelt other batches.
    Quite right, but perhaps I should have been more clear. I have not experienced the other batches mentioned (that I can recall, at least), though I have used multiple testers that varied considerably.

As with other Creeds, I prefer batches with balanced notes. With Aventus for instance, I looked for a batch with balanced smoke and pineapple accords (rather than the pineapple dominant batches that seem to be the most popular). Similarly, with Virgin Island Water, I was not a fan of the dominant coconut note, and searched for one that was tempered with lime. Same with Green Irish Tweed and its lush freshness - on some (such as the 14A01 batch), the florals are almost entirely absent, which in my opinion ruins its complexity.

Do not blind buy on my recommendation, especially based on my aforementioned caveat. But if you can, do try to obtain a sample of the MI batch that I have purchased for myself. I look for complexity and a balance of notes rather than a dominant one, and 13X01 seems to have this feature more than the others that I have tested.

Basenotes Junkie

Quite right, but perhaps I should have been more clear. I have not experienced the other batches mentioned (that I can recall, at least), though I have used multiple testers that varied considerably.

As with other Creeds, I prefer batches with balanced notes. With Aventus for instance, I looked for a batch with balanced smoke and pineapple accords (rather than the pineapple dominant batches that seem to be the most popular). Similarly, with Virgin Island Water, I was not a fan of the dominant coconut note, and searched for one that was tempered with lime. Same with Green Irish Tweed and its lush freshness - on some (such as the 14A01 batch), the florals are almost entirely absent, which in my opinion ruins its complexity.

Do not blind buy on my recommendation, especially based on my aforementioned caveat. But if you can, do try to obtain a sample of the MI batch that I have purchased for myself. I look for complexity and a balance of notes rather than a dominant one, and 13X01 seems to have this feature more than the others that I have tested.
    sorry didnt read carefully. Thanks for the reply

My 2011 bottle is almost done so I ordered LT3313t01 from the boutique yesterday. Is this batch more fruity? Also how is longevity?

I get excellent longevity from this batch, though it could be my skin (since only a few Creed batches are terrible in this regard - for instance, 14A01 of GIT). Some find that MI does not last on their skin longer than 3 hours or so. This has not been my experience.

As I mentioned, I find the batch to be well-balanced. MI was never meant to be a fruity fragrance all the way through, and this batch is no exception. That said, I find the melon note lingers in an airy fashion throughout much of the dry down. I find it very well balanced against the rest of the notes, but it certainly does not dominate. If you are looking for a fruit-heavy batch, perhaps a different one would be more appropriate.

I get excellent longevity from this batch, though it could be my skin (since only a few Creed batches are terrible in this regard - for instance, 14A01 of GIT). Some find that MI does not last on their skin longer than 3 hours or so. This has not been my experience.

As I mentioned, I find the batch to be well-balanced. MI was never meant to be a fruity fragrance all the way through, and this batch is no exception. That said, I find the melon note lingers in an airy fashion throughout much of the dry down. I find it very well balanced against the rest of the notes, but it certainly does not dominate. If you are looking for a fruit-heavy batch, perhaps a different one would be more appropriate.
    Which batch are you talking about ? LT3313t01?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Which batch are you talking about ? LT3313t01?
    I think hes talking about A3313X01.

I might go ahead and buy this one off ebay

I think hes talking about A3313X01.

I might go ahead and buy this one off ebay
    Vince is correct, I was referring to 13X01. Apologies for being unclear again - I am traveling today and have not gotten much sleep .

I think 2013-2014 batches of the more popular creeds are utter garbage. I think they have such increased demand due to more boutiques and Neiman marcus demanding more product that his small niche house is just pumping out garbage. This small niche house is assuming the role of a designer cologne and the quality is certainly dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaverX View Post
    I think 2013-2014 batches of the more popular creeds are utter garbage. I think they have such increased demand due to more boutiques and Neiman marcus demanding more product that his small niche house is just pumping out garbage. This small niche house is assuming the role of a designer cologne and the quality is certainly dropped.
    It really depends on both the scent and the batch. Many of the 2013 batches are consistently of a high quality.

Anyone ordered recently on fragrancenet?

It really depends on both the scent and the batch. Many of the 2013 batches are consistently of a high quality.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by delfa View Post
    Anyone ordered recently on fragrancenet?
    I bought a bottle there in April. It's fantastic. As long as the weather is warm enough, I'm never disappointed by it. For me, this one is for temps in the 70s and up. That's Fahrenheit, of course, but not Fahrenheit the scent - though I love it as well.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I bought a bottle there in April. It's fantastic. As long as the weather is warm enough, I'm never disappointed by it. For me, this one is for temps in the 70s and up. That's Fahrenheit, of course, but not Fahrenheit the scent - though I love it as well.
    Didn't see your reply before. Thanks for your input! (even though it's late )
    I received my bottle from fragrancenet yesterday and it is indeed fantastic (batch: LT3313T01). Will enjoy this one for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by delfa View Post
    Didn't see your reply before. Thanks for your input! (even though it's late )
    I received my bottle from fragrancenet yesterday and it is indeed fantastic (batch: LT3313T01). Will enjoy this one for sure!
    Glad you like it! Saw a tester of this one recently. Very close to my X01 batch.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ShaverX View Post
    My Aventus (13ZZ01) and GIT (13T02) are both great and last forever.

Edit: About MI - I see a lot of love for this scent on these boards (and elsewhere). The tester I have doesn't have an atomizer, and when I apply by dabbing it smells...offensive. Maybe I need to get an atomizer to get the proper scent? I get the melon type of scent, but it seems tainted with something rotten in the background.
    Last edited by sdotlow; 21st July 2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    The tester I have doesn't have an atomizer, and when I apply by dabbing it smells...offensive. Maybe I need to get an atomizer to get the proper scent? I get the melon type of scent, but it seems tainted with something rotten in the background.
    That doesn't sound right... MI could never be called offensive. Also I can't see how using using an atomizer would affect the dry down differently to splash/roll on.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    That doesn't sound right... MI could never be called offensive. Also I can't see how using using an atomizer would affect the dry down differently to splash/roll on.
    Me neither. I was grasping at straws.

I had my girlfriend smell it on my arm as well, and she recoiled in disgust. Maybe it's just an issue with my sample. It was a carded sample from fragrancenet.com, and I have 7 or so other carded Creed sample from them and they've been fine. Odd.

Want proof of how good recent batches of MI are?

I bought a 4oz bottle on Fragrancenet in April (received it in May. Their shipping can be so slow!). It's batch # LT3313Q01. I'd been wearing it yesterday for over 9 hours (3 sprays) when I got a compliment from someone who had followed me into an elevator. When I got up this morning, I could still smell it on the shirt I wore yesterday.

Excellent longevity, and it smells fantastic.

Basenotes Plus

I bought a 4oz bottle on Fragrancenet in April (received it in May. Their shipping can be so slow!). It's batch # LT3313Q01. I'd been wearing it yesterday for over 9 hours (3 sprays) when I got a compliment from someone who had followed me into an elevator. When I got up this morning, I could still smell it on the shirt I wore yesterday.

I've been up in the air about grabbing one, going through this thread has me on the edge of taking the plunge!

Edit: just had gf order it as my anniversary present lol
    Last edited by sdotlow; 2nd August 2014 at 06:29 PM.

Damn, I must purchase my backup bottle of MI soon, then. THanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert7890 View Post
    Damn, I must purchase my backup bottle of MI soon, then. THanks for sharing.
    You're welcome. I think I mentioned this before, maybe even in this thread, but... MI is a scent that taught me a lesson about sampling in the wrong season. I initially bought a sample of MI in late fall or even winter. I was so disappointed by it that I gave the sample away in the freebies thread. l was foolish to sample it in cold weather. MI blooms in temps above 70 F. I think it was Redneck Perfumisto who inspired me to sample it again in warmer weather, and I'm so glad I did because the difference in performance is like the difference between night and day. MI is fantastic in summer and warm spring days.

Basenotes Junkie

Its true, i finally bought the 13Q01 from ebay and its lasts much longer than 4-5 hours..

Basenotes Plus

I've been wearing my new bottle of MI a lot since getting it a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I listened to L'homme Blanc Individuel and kept testing my sample. I did a complete 180 on this scent and am in love with it.

I think it was the saltiness and ambergris mixed with the watermelon feel that was putting me off initially, but it grew on me quick.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    I've been wearing my new bottle of MI a lot since getting it a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I listened to L'homme Blanc Individuel and kept testing my sample. I did a complete 180 on this scent and am in love with it.

I think it was the saltiness and ambergris mixed with the watermelon feel that was putting me off initially, but it grew on me quick.

I can easily classify Millesime Imperial as the best smell in the business (not taking projection, sillage or anything else in consideration). I'm in awe every single time I wear it, how can a human being create such a beautiful composition of notes, that smells exotic, pristine and luxurious all at the same time........Damn, now I wish I had used MI as my scent of the day .