Hello. I'm new to this forum, and incidentally also quite new to the study of fragrance. I love vintage scents and have been collecting them for some time, though, and I thought it was time to begin researching them more seriously. I'm particularly interested in fragrances from the turn of the previous century to the mid-1950s.

So with that in mind, I recently acquired a small cut-glass bottle engraved with flowers and vines, with a silver filigree stopper. The label on the bottom of the bottle reads "Chant des Iles, Paris." I haven't been able to find out anything at all about this perfume. It's exquisitely beautiful (the tiny bottle is nearly full) and I would love to know more about it.

I don't know enough about perfumes to be able to identify the various components of the fragrance, but I can tell that it's floral (maybe bergamot) and contains vanilla. I have to say it's absolutely intoxicating.

I have two questions: first, how can I research the history of this scent? It isn't listed anywhere, and a search on this forum didn't yield any results.

Second, is there any way I can find out what's in it? Perhaps if I figure out the ingredients I might be able to find a similar fragrance.

Thank you very much!