Code of Conduct

Default Has Anyone Seen A Chanel Bottle Like This?

I collect vintage Chanel and my mother purchased this for me. I have nothing like this in my collection nor have I seen a bottle like this before. Does anyone know anything about it? I am curious as to how old it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Has Anyone Seen A Chanel Bottle Like This?

Not sure what the "lotion" means, but is it edt, parfum, or extrait? Might help you determine how old it is, because didn't Chanel move their perfumes to edt concentration after a certain year? Looked around a bit and this looks older than even the other vintage bottles I found.

I believe lotion is cologne.

Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten the impression that these lotions are meant for the hair. I actually bought a similar bottle of Cuir de Russie, and it's a fairly "thin" composition which doesn't really compare to an edc/edt/edp/parfum.

I always thought that a 'lotion' perfume had a jelling agent to make it more viscous to slide on the skin, as in after a bath and such.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
    I always thought that a 'lotion' perfume had a jelling agent to make it more viscous to slide on the skin, as in after a bath and such.
    It's not like what we refer to as a lotion today, that's for sure... It's entirely fluid.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a vintage bottle of Tabu "Locion" that was made in Cuba and also a vintage bottle of Muguet du Bonheur "Lotion". From looking at pictures of different bottles of the Caron for sale on e-bay I noticed that many had a number notation. The "Lotion" has a 75 while some of the other bottles had higher numbers (it's been awhile since I looked at this). I remember concluding that for the Caron at least, the "lotion" seemed to be a concentration slightly less concentrated than the EDC. Neither the Tabu or the Muguet du Bonheur have a liquid texture differrent than an EDC. I suspect "Lotion" was somewhat equivalent to todays "Body Splash".
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. Especially when it comes to perfumes ...

Post Thanks / Like

One of the meanings of "lotion" in French is "skin freshener" (including aftershave), so it could well be a somewhat lower concentration than edc.

wow! beautiful!
    A~~

I agree with many of the comments above. Many of my vintage aftershaves come in a similarly "capped" method that when removed makes it a splash bottle, which is meant to let the contents be used liberally. I don't think it's an EdT or an EdC at all but something in the AS category. Whether it's a body splash, AS, or what, I don't know, though.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Post Thanks / Like

looks like lotion vegetal...aftershave or scent for the mustache. Guerlain did these as well. The formula works well on hair.

- - - Updated - - -

looks like lotion vegetal...aftershave or scent for the mustache. Guerlain did these as well. The formula works well on hair.