Code of Conduct

Wink In the last week, I've blindly purchased 5 challenging fragrances.

Call it risky, hell, call it downright stupid, but I call it fun. I should be receiving these over the next week or so. As I do I'll report back with thoughts and maybe a little buyers remorse lol. We'll see.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/M...Musk-9558.html
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/D...Oud-10631.html
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/N...gano-6472.html
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/J...hts-11085.html
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/T...Noir-1822.html

Default Re: In the last week, I've blindly purchased 5 challenging fragrances.

Personally think your first two are wonderful choices.

You've got a gambler's spirit and I respect that.

I wish I could drop mad cash like that lol. If you happen not to like Noir de Noir, I'll gladly take it off your hands!

Basenotes Plus

Mad props to you for your wild spirit!

Just curious why you didn't just list the names, or link to BN reviews??
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Short answer, I'm on my phone.

But I prefer Fragrantica for fragrance details, and Basenotes for the boards and trading/buying.

Those are great perfumes!

Let us know your thoughts.

for swap/sale:

Sur la Plage

I personally do not find any of them "challenging".

Enjoy!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good choices. Enjoy!

Good choices, enjoy. Leather Oud is the standout (IMO)...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Enjoy those fragrances and I admire your gung ho approach to purchasing scents.

Livin on the wild side I see. Good luck with them......u'll need it lol

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Good luck with them......u'll need it lol
    Naw, he'll be fine. The wild card of that pack is the Black Afgano. But it's not that wild IMO. I think he should be happy with them. He picked a pack of winners.

That's an incredible blind buy! A couple of them I have not tried, but I really like Leather Oud, Black Afgano, and Noir de Noir, and they have nuclear longevity.

You loco, esÚ!

Congrats! I think that your purchases were definitely a good idea, in spite of the blind buying, your choices are excellent.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

wow that black afgano bottle is absurd but cool!

Wow, great purchases! Enjoy

Received Aoud Musk yesterday. This is day two of wearing it and I love it. It's definitely not a fragrance for everyone, but it's interesting enough that it should at least appeal to most people. Having read as many reviews as I could possibly find before purchasing, I thought I had an idea of what to expect. Surprisingly, what I was met with far surpassed those expectations. Still, what people are saying over at Fragrantica is about right. It's damn potent for the first 2-3 hours with a slight turpentine smell that is simultaneously oud, musk, saffron and woody/earthy notes. However, it's hard to discern any single note until later on when it settles. I really like this fragrance, but I acknowledge that it isn't something I can haphazardly wear. It's some stanky juice and wearing too much or in the the wrong situation could backfire. If I had to give it a rating, I suppose I'd say 9/10.

So is this basically like Black Aoud, but with a musky / woody accord where the rose would be?

This is actually my first experience with Montale. From what I've been told they have a characteristic synthetic oud note that is common throughout their blends. I'd like to try the Black Aoud next, since people are all about that shit. First things first, gotta enjoy the rest of these lol