for swap/sale:

Default Re: New- Voyage d'Hermes in Parfum

Sounds good. The edt is great for the 30 minutes that it lasts

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    How did we all miss this?

Good luck.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Is it already available Hedonist?

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    How did we all miss this?
    good call, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    serious? the first time I wore it , it lasted for hours and on top of all , projecting very well.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I saw one being sold on eBay... unfortunatelly only to USA.

I´ll wait... I want it so much!!!

I Love Voyage... and on me lasts 4-6 hours!!! I get a lot of compliments...

...never in Brazil!!!

Wow! Another for the test list. I've found that I can get the EDT to last quite well by spraying liberally, and on cloth and by using the deo stick.

Thanks for the info! Love the edt version....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Dependent

I will be keeping a lookout for this!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Thank you for the update, hedonist.

Will be looking for this.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Hermes has always released their parfum/extrait versions without a lot of fanfare. They might do a small press release but that's about it.

I wish to God they would do parfums/extraits for some of the Hermessences. Now that I would be excited for.

Voyage d'Hermes never excited me, and I keep trying it to no avail.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    good call, bro!

serious? the first time I wore it , it lasted for hours and on top of all , projecting very well.
    Thanks blackened!

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Is it already available Hedonist?
    The email from Galeries Lafayette said Feb 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Thank you for the update, hedonist.

Will be looking for this.
    You're most welcome

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Hermes has always released their parfum/extrait versions without a lot of fanfare. They might do a small press release but that's about it.

I wish to God they would do parfums/extraits for some of the Hermessences. Now that I would be excited for.

Voyage d'Hermes never excited me, and I keep trying it to no avail.
    Imagine vetiver tonka and poivre samarcande in extrait! Wow.

for swap/sale:

Thanks for this.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Thanks, hedonist!!! Wow, one only blinks and a new product is released

I always thought VdH edt has good longevity and smells great. Looking forward to this.

Thanks again!
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Oh Thank You! Well spotted. I love that euphoric juniper blast of an opening but as already said it just doesn't la......

Thanks for sharing! I know now which choice to make whenever I want to seek out that ultimate fragrant gift.

Why are they making Parfums of scents that, compositionally, really don't benefit much if at all from the parfum concentration?

Odd.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

It might be interesting. If Ellena was able to play with it and bring out some new facets, then maybe very interesting. Nice to have something new to sniff from Hermès, in any case!

...at least I did: thanks for the tip!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Why are they making Parfums of scents that, compositionally, really don't benefit much if at all from the parfum concentration?

Odd.
    perhaps, to squeeze every last drop of profit from established scents ...

& to the OP, thanks for the heads up ...

Interesting...thank you for posting!

This is Great news.....The Edt lasts on me for about an hour!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    This

Tomorrow? Will it be available on Hermes web site?
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I got about 3-4 out of it today. I couldn't tell if it entirely disappeared or I just couldn't smell it. Lost it almost completely on the wrist after about 5 hrs or so.

edit: Actually, 10 hrs later I can still very faintly smell it on my wrist.
    Last edited by xiuxia; 1st February 2012 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiuxia View Post
    I got about 3-4 out of it today. I couldn't tell if it entirely disappeared or I just couldn't smell it. Lost it almost completely on the wrist after about 5 hrs or so.

They have it out for sale now?

@ M.T.

I'm not sure. I was referring to the EdT.

I tried Terre d'Hermes parfum yesterday, the same exact amount, and it lasted twice as long on me. I got to say, I love Voyage but it didn't get me halfway thru the day. When the parfum comes out I'd like to get it and TdH parfum.

Does anyone know when it actually goes on sale in the US?
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Originally Posted by xiuxia View Post

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. View Post
    They have it out for sale now?
    I think he's talking about EDT
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Interesting. I can't imagine how this scent would translate into a parfum but keep it's character.

Thanks for the info. I really like the pepper note in the EDT. Unfortunately, it only lasts around 4 hours on my skin. Looking forward to trying this EDP version.

Blimey, they've added rose!

Release date March:

http://www.nstperfume.com/2012/02/15...new-fragrance/

and next they should release a 200ml bottle as well

This is already available from Hermes' European online shops direct, and yes I have blind-bought it

I tried this recently a week ago. Retains a similar vibe to the EDT but the cardamom is extremely pronounced. Again, did not test it on skin so these were just my intial impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    I tried this recently a week ago. Retains a similar vibe to the EDT but the cardamom is extremely pronounced. Again, did not test it on skin so these were just my intial impressions.
    Interesting. Did you detect any rose?

I didn't detect any rose but I'll have to try it again on skin.

Can we please get a comparison review of the EDT vs EDP?

I have been wearing this for the past 10 hours and here are some initial impressions. I gave it 10 sprays to make it comparable to my usual wearing of the EdT.

The original VdH is still clearly recognisable from the off, although the zesty citrus has been toned down a little. Within 20 mins or so, the rose becomes quite apparent and, as it continues to bloom over the first hour, it has the effect of adding body and depth, compared to the more airy EdT. It makes the parfum feel warmer and more rounded. The rose is a delicate one, as you would expect from Ellena - it does not overwhelm the other notes but it is clearly detectable. It makes this markedly different to the EdT; the difference being more obvious than the same comparison for TdH. The parfum is a little sweeter than the EdT, but still firmly unisex. I see amber is described in the notes list, but I can only really detect it in the far drydown. The cardamom is as present as in the EdT.

Longevity: I do not think this has markedly greater longevity than the EdT, except as a skin scent. I can still smell it now, after 10 hours, but it is very quiet. It reached skin-scent status by about 6 hours.

In summary, this is a beautiful and interesting scent, particularly for fans of the original. Whether it will win new converts, I'm not so sure. It is certainly a pleasure to wear for those who enjoy subtle scents but if you are looking for another attention-grabber or wacky scent, go elsewhere.

I will have to wear it some more to get better acquainted.

Has anyone seen this at Sephora in the U.S. yet?

available in Toronto (Canada) at Holt Renfew incase any locals want it. Not sure if they have samples though. If anyone wants to blind buy they ship across Canada, probably not to the USA though.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Costa Azzura,
    Neroli Portofino,
    Plum Japonais, Lavender Palm and
    AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post

Longevity: I do not think this has markedly greater longevity than the EdT, except as a skin scent. I can still smell it now, after 10 hours, but it is very quiet. It reached skin-scent status by about 6 hours.
    If it can go 6 hours before becoming a skin scent, that would be a huge improvement over the edt, for me at least. I also hadn't known about the added rose note; that makes me especially keen to try it.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

I also hadn't known about the added rose note; that makes me especially keen to try it.
    Now I reeeeeeally want to try it!

UK BNers

Does anyone know when this will be available in John Lewis or Debenhams as that is as good as perfrumeries get in Aberdeen and I don't wan't to blind buy this in case its is not too different to my nose than the edt (which I have and lllooove and get so many compliments on at work). Help much appreciated!
    Thanks!!!

I tried this one recently. I didn't do a side-by-side comparison with the EDT, so it is difficult to detect the differences. It smells very much like the EdT. It seems a bit more intense, more projecting, good longevity. I put just one spritz to my wrist and it projected very well. I could smell it although I had put a spritz of Bel Ami on my neck in the same store. So, I guess, that's a good sign. I think if I didn't already own a huge bottle of the EdT this would be my choice. However, it doesn't seem different enough to be worth owning next to the EdT...

i'd like to try it but i still cant smell Terre - i've been trying it off and on for over a year now and all i get is a pleasant scent for about 10-15 min then nothing. my wife can smell it on me for several hours and likes it, but I dont even feel like I know what it smells like.

Basenotes Institution

I loved Voyage d'Hermes but the EDT gave me a rash ( shock horror - nearly nothing gives me a rash ....... ) !!!!! I will still try the parfum though.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I loved Voyage d'Hermes but the EDT gave me a rash ( shock horror - nearly nothing gives me a rash ....... ) !!!!! I will still try the parfum though.

Lately my tolerance and enjoyment of iso-e super based frags has waned. Iso-e has also started to sometimes plug up a pore on my skin and cause it to get infected. TdH is the only frag I own that does this, and it is only occasional. I own TdH EDT and Parfum, it was one of the 1st frags I found that I really liked but now I think I may have to sell them on... Not that it's the iso-e that is causing your rash, but it would be the 1st thing I'd suspect...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Lately my tolerance and enjoyment of iso-e super based frags has waned. Iso-e has also started to sometimes plug up a pore on my skin and cause it to get infected. TdH is the only frag I own that does this, and it is only occasional. I own TdH EDT and Parfum, it was one of the 1st frags I found that I really liked but now I think I may have to sell them on... Not that it's the iso-e that is causing your rash, but it would be the 1st thing I'd suspect...
    Dorje123- thanks so much for this info . You could well be right. I will be careful with Iso E Super heavy scents.
    The rash was red, bumpy, itchy and lasted for 3-5 days and it was everywhere I sprayed . Quite unusual for me.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

it will rash you if you spray in the fabrics?

FYI, this is available at Nordstrom's now here.

Very dissappointed in this after one testing. I don't know how to describe this. Imagine making a soda version of chai tea. Not very pleasant.

I recently tested it I'm stunned by this composition. This parfum got my with it's bitter orange peel vibe joined with some spices and I also get some powderness which I really enjoy.

I'm actually thinking about getting a bottle

I tried this as well a few days ago. on my skin it turned way too earthy and dense. Longevity & sillage was average.
    Overall i like the EDT more, too bad that it lasts only 2 hours maximum.

Not worth the price tag.

Can any1 do the comparison between parfum and edt. I love the edt version but it last 3,4 hours on my skin.

Just acquired a mini sample of this, and it's sickly synthetic. The EDT is much, much better.

went thru 2 samples i got from my friend at bloomingdales and i really dont like it much. doesnt really last much longer then the edt and whilei cant put my finger on it yet, it just doesnt seem much of a difference on my skin then the original did. at least thats what my gf says cause i cant smell it all after a hour or so